Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by SONGTHRUSH on Jul 15, 17 8:50 AM
I run window`10 and have the same problem wsith witches legacy cxivered bt the
night. Installed, uninstalled three times now still cannot play aboe game. I would like
the issue resolved or a credit. I have tried some of the surjestions but it does not work.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Barnmaster on Jul 15, 17 9:10 AM
Never had a problem with this series until now. Running on Sierra 10.12.5 using a MacPro. Application does not open - had to force quit.

Help! Thank you!

[Post New]by sultry12345 on Jul 15, 17 9:46 AM
I too am having problems with this game loading. Downloading no problem. It just won't start,

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 15, 17 12:00 PM
My PC is running WIN 10 and I am not having any problems.

I do have the Big Fish Game Manager set to "Administrator" authority.

Maybe that is enabling the game to run without any problems.

For this game, I did not have to perform the "screen reduction/reset", but I have had to do that for other games and it works quite well.

Wish I could help more, but I suggest that you change your Big Fish Game Manager to have Administrator authority. You may be experiencing an authority problem (lack of permission to perform certain tasks) and not even know it.

Edited on 07/15/2017 at 4:05:57 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 15, 17 3:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm here to provide as much help as I can.

For Windows 10 players whose game won't load: So far, adjusting the screen resolution of the computer seems to be a solid temporary workaround. I'd recommend trying these steps, which I've included below, just in case.

1. From your desktop, right-click and select Display Settings.
2. Select the Advanced display settings option at the bottom of the menu.
3. Lower your screen resolution and click Apply.
4. Try playing your game again.

Although the Moderation Team doesn't have control over changes made to the game, I'll absolutely pass along the message that it won't open for a number of players.

If the game has stopped responding, please check whether there's an available update for the video card driver. It might also help to try running the game with administrator permissions. I've included the help pages containing those instructions below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

I've also included a help article with troubleshooting advice for people playing the Mac version of the game below.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If the troubles persist, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to continue providing support.

Thanks for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 07/21/2017 at 5:33:50 PM PST

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Jul 15, 17 3:23 PM
I couldn't even make it past the first scene. I thought that the tutorial was slowing it up so I nixed it. That was the last thing I was able to do normally, had to CAD to get out. I'm not going to post what machine/system I'm using because we shouldn't have to do all kinds of workarounds to play games here! If our system is listed as compatible for the game then Big Fish SHOULD MAKE SURE THAT THE GAME WILL WORK ON ALL OF THOSE SYSTEMS!

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Jul 15, 17 4:12 PM
I am running on a Mac and it does nothing but take me back to the game manager. Glad I didn't buy it!

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Jul 15, 17 7:47 PM
I am on a Mac both of the latest games in this series just keep minimizing to the dock. Very frustrated. Seems like Big Fish not that bothered about their Mac users!

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Jul 15, 17 8:27 PM
Two minutes into the game, it locked up when I tried to assemble the Rain Stick - the tutorial was explaining about "+" items, and the screen was effectively locked up. I managed to get around it by skipping the tutorial, but it really shouldn't have happened in the first place. Win 8.1/64.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jul 16, 17 11:10 AM
This is the 9th or 10th game since February where I can't even play the trial because it sends me back to the GM. I saw the work around, but I'm not going to adjust my rez for a game that shouldn't have been released without the kinks worked out. The past 3 years the quality of games has just gotten worse and worse. But with this series, this is the 3rd time I couldn't even play the game. Nix it or fix it.

[Post New]by lizzy1024 on Jul 16, 17 12:33 PM
Thank you for suggesting the screen resolution change to open this game. Changed to smaller then changed back and game is now opening correctly!

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Jul 17, 17 3:58 AM
Like other players, the demo would not load. Since installing it, another problem has arisen. I have gotten a notice for three different games saying that they need to be activated but I had previously already activated them. The games were: Phantasmat: Mournful Loch (which apparently did have an update), Ominous Objects: the Cursed Guards, and Spirits of Mystery: Illusion. Another thread mentioned that this had occurred to other players as well. Wondering if there is something wrong with the game manager. Has anyone else recently had the same problem?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Same issue as many others, downloaded game won't open.

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 19, 17 11:19 PM
System:
Windows 10 w/ the Creator update.
Intel Core i5 6600K CPU @ 350 GHz
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Video Card

I played the demo just fine. The purchased game, however, will not load at all. When selected from the Game Manager the cursor indicates it's loading for a few seconds but nothing happens. It is not showing in the Task Manager.

I uninstalled and reloaded the Big Fish Game Manager.
I uninstalled and re-downloaded and reinstalled he game twice.

All other games (and I play every single IHOG that launches and usually buy them) has run fine, although Eipix games of late have looked kinda crappy and sometimes have a laggy cursor.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 19, 17 11:24 PM
My resolution is already set higher than 1024 x 768. It's set to 1680 x 1050. The game doesn't run.

bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

3. Adjust your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 (or higher) and click Apply.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 20, 17 4:17 AM
@ Poodlebear
Poodlebear wrote:My resolution is already set higher than 1024 x 768. It's set to 1680 x 1050. The game doesn't run.

bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

3. Adjust your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 (or higher) and click Apply.

I don't know why it says this, the fix for games that won't play in windows 10 is to adjust the resolution to something lower, open game, close game, reset resolution to original setting and then play game as usual.

Windows 10 will not accept the game with such a high resolution so you open it first in a lower one to 'trick' it into accepting the game, then change it back once windows 20 has 'acknowledged' it, and it will play normally. It's weird and I don't really understand the tech of it, but it has worked for many people with the same issue.

If it is the same issue of games just not being compatible with windows 10 then this fix should work, if not then there is something else going on.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 21, 17 11:34 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report the issues being experienced while playing Witches' Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition. I'm sorry there's been trouble enjoying the game. It sounds like there are some issues being reported and I wanted to provide some suggestions to try as well as how to reach out to our Support Team.

The first thing I want to let players know is that if they are playing on Windows 10 and are unable to open the game, it's possible that a recent Windows 10 update has caused some interference with how the game is played and that changing the screen resolution of the computer can help resolve this quickly. Here's our announcement on the issue:

An Announcement regarding loading issues on the Windows 10 system- July 13, 2017

For players that are unsure how to make that screen resolution change, the following article can assist:

Screen Resolution

I'm seeing some Mac players are reporting that the game minimizes to the tray upon starting the game. Mac players seeing the game minimize to the tray after loading the game should be able to click on that tray item to restore the game to the screen and continue playing the game without trouble. If you're unable to get the game to appear or play after clicking the tray icon for the game, the following steps may be able to help get the game to run as expected:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Some players are reporting that the demo for the game doesn't seem to work, and also causes other games to request activation again. I'm sorry this is happening and just wanted to let players know that the teams behind the game are aware of this issue and I wanted to ask players to help us with that investigation. If players are experiencing this issue, please contact our Support Team using the steps on the next page, alongside screenshots of what you are seeing and a description of what occurred. Just in case it's helpful, the following page contains steps on taking screenshots:

Taking a Screenshot

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 21, 17 11:34 AM
If those previous suggestions were unable to assist, or if you're seeing trouble with the demo causing other games to want activation, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

If players would like to assist our investigation into the issues reported here, please also include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report with your request. If it would assist in explaining what has occurred, we also recommend taking and providing screenshots of the issue. This information could be instrumental in remedying the situation and I just want to thank all of our players who have already taken the time to write in to our Support Team with information regarding their technical issue.

Thank you all for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by lindapol on Jul 21, 17 12:50 PM
In the bonus game I can't get the green powered to go into the mold for the octopus .

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammysueb on Jul 22, 17 12:53 PM
iMac 3.06 GHz Intel; OS 10.10.5; 8GB RAM; 110GB free HD
STARTUP FIRST TIME: White screen spinning beachball almost one minute then started and played fine.
QUITTING FIRST TIME: Over 30 seconds just to get back to main menu to exit game. Goes back to desktop and looks like it quits, but is just minimized in dock. Have to quit from dock which works.
STARTUP ATTEMPT 2nd TIME: Almost 2 minutes of white screen/spinning beachball, then back to desktop without ever starting up - game shows minimized in dock but won’t start. Also won’t quit from dock without force-quit. Also QUIT then reopened Game Manager.
STARTUP ATTEMPT 3rd TIME: 4 seconds startup played fine
QUTTING 3rd TIME: immediate quit worked fine, except didn’t actually quit; minimized to dock. Quit from dock worked fine.

Tried to send MacDrFelix but as usual, when there’s a game crash both Game Manager and MacDrFelix freeze. Two attempts to create report failed.

Too unstable to purchase at this time. Will wait for fix. “Mac Game Troubleshooting” tips tried and didn’t help.

[Post New]by nanatsunade on Jul 23, 17 1:08 AM
Well, I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who is having difficulty with this game. Thank the gods I didn't buy it! I downloaded the trial, but as yet, have not been able to play it, since it won't open!!!! I have un-installed and re-installed it 3 times to no avail. I have Win10 on my HP computer, and all drivers, video/graphics included, are updated on a regular basis. Will be un-installing for undetermined amount of time, hoping it gets fixed soon. Thank you, Lisa S.

Go to: