Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by khjune64 on Aug 14, 17 12:43 PM
The game with the horns is where you get the buttons and the game will not let me get there to get the buttons. There is nothing else you can do to get it. Basically the game cannot be finished. this is very disappointing.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 14, 17 12:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to discuss the experiences had while playing through Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition. I want players to know that the teams behind the game are aware of the issue regarding being unable to retrieve specific buttons to continue progress. Those teams are actively investigating and if there are any changes or updates provided to the game, a moderator will be certain to provide an announcement regarding that change.

Some players are reporting issues with installing or downloading the game. I wanted to provide some suggestions for these players since these suggested steps can assist in a majority of cases where a game is having trouble with installing:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If players are encountering the issue where they cannot retrieve the buttons and are unable to progress in the game, or if the above steps are unable to assist, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team. If you would like to assist with the investigation into those issues, please also include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. That report could be instrumental in learning what is causing this specific issue, and I want to thank all of our players for their patience and efforts while working with our Support Team.

Thank you all for your patience as we investigate that reported issue. I hope the investigation completes soon, and if there are changes made to the game or information provided regarding an update, a moderator will be certain to follow up in the forums to provide an announcement. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Frezo on Aug 14, 17 1:00 PM
dito same problem as Khjune64. Can not get the buttons as I can not play the game with the horns. Update with fixing please (playing on a Mac).

lisahd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lisahd on Aug 14, 17 5:11 PM
I also cannot get the buttons.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 14, 17 5:26 PM
Hello Frezo and lisahd,

Thank you for following up to let us know that you are also seeing the same issue as other players with being unable to collect those specific buttons. The teams behind the game are aware of this issue and while we haven't yet received further information regarding the issue, as soon as we do, a moderator will be certain to provide an announcement on this game's forum.

In the meantime, if you'd like to help with the investigation, what I recommend is contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. That report could assist the teams behind the game in more quickly determining what might be occurring, so I want to thank players who have already provided this and players who will provide this in advance. Our Reps will be sure to contact as soon as they can to follow up.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

9lady_di
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 9lady_di on Aug 14, 17 10:23 PM
I have upgraded my drivers, uninstalled and then reinstalled the game and I still can not get back to the desk to get the buttons. Please send us a patch for this game.

[Post New]by Simon51 on Aug 16, 17 4:05 PM
I also put the lanterns and helmets in place and the code lite up but now I can't got back to the desk to get the buttons. Can anyone help?

phoot10
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by phoot10 on Aug 16, 17 5:22 PM
another player to complain about inability to get to desk for window buttons, what i dont understand is when many players have the same issue why is it up to us to waste more time trying to BF to fix, shouls be a given with cost of games.

[Post New]by MysticPhoenix on Aug 16, 17 5:49 PM
I have downloaded this game yesterday, I have all the other games in this series and would love to play the newest one but for some reason once the download and installation is complete I click on the 'play now;' button to play the free trail; it gives me an error message "Can't create a GL Rendering context" then when I click 'ok' button or even x out on the message box my screen goes black and a I get a new error message that reads "Error: access violation at 0x0077F7BE (tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated." then when I click the 'ok' button or even if I x out it closes out on me and goes back to my home screen.

Really wish I could play the free trail, I did a full system scan on my PC and it's fine and I uninstalled the game and downloaded and installed it again and the same thing happens, I don't know what is wrong.

blue13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by blue13 on Aug 16, 17 10:49 PM
Have downloaded updates still cant get the buttons . would at least like to finish the game cant play the Bonus game till it is fixed

[Post New]by Soloact on Aug 17, 17 6:11 AM
Down loaded update and still can't get the buttons, how about another update that fixes the problem?

[Post New]by ScottyMac4115 on Aug 17, 17 7:36 AM
I am having a totally different problem. I am running Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. I finished the game (CE) without a problem, although it seemed to end abruptly after White Raven was shot and the people were told that things were going to be different, but am unable to find the bonus game. All I can find is the Extras that include wallpapers, music, mini games, etc., but no bonus game. I downloaded the update, hoping that would fix things, but it didn't. When I click in Collection it says the assembled picture will be displayed in the bonus content. I cannot find the bonus content. When I click play it says, "you have completed the game do you want to play again".

What now?

[Post New]by sugartoes43 on Aug 17, 17 8:38 AM
Is there a fix for the missing buttons yet ...the newest update didn't fix the situation.

[Post New]by vicki456 on Aug 17, 17 8:48 AM
Have tried to open game but always get error message. Vicki O

lisahd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lisahd on Aug 17, 17 10:29 AM
This update does not fix the issue with the buttons.

[Post New]by mich65mstang on Aug 17, 17 1:25 PM
I'm stuck. I can't get the window buttons. I can't open the scene to get them (the desk). I was able to open it before to do other stuff, but not now. I have done everything the strategy guide depicts but no good. The "hint" button only says stuff like "look for more clues." There's nothing else to do, though. The scene just won't open in order for me to obtain the buttons. Is there a patch or fix out there?

[Post New]by stella0730 on Aug 17, 17 4:01 PM
Same issue here, can't get back to the desk, I also did the update and reinstalled still can't get to it.

[Post New]by teniente552 on Aug 17, 17 6:20 PM
Did the update and like everyone else it didn't work. Still stuck trying to get the buttons

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 18, 17 5:36 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience. It sounds like there's still trouble with the buttons even after installing the recent update. I really want to ensure you receive further assistance, so I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a new solution.

As ever, thank you for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator if further questions arise. We're here to provide answers and help.

bfgBeruna

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Aug 18, 17 5:38 PM
TO: ScottyMac4115

Hi,

It would be preferred that you do not post the ending of a game in your posts due to the fact a lot of players have not finished the game and do not want to know the ending ahead of time

Go to: