Re:Post any Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mel1s2 on May 14, 10 3:56 PM
I noticed that I only got the technical issue after I played on hard. and now it wont even start, but when I do a ctrl+alt+delete it isn't there, but however it is in the running processes two times. Which makes since it cant have access to something it is already trying to get access from. So Big Fish, is there going to be any fixes for this game. After all it wasn't a club price game I paid almost 20 dollars for it!!!

Still love ya tho

[Post New]by mariel9898 on May 15, 10 11:17 AM
nana4ever5 wrote:I have played through the casual game twice without failing a level and still have not got the trophy for it. Has anyone else got that trophy?

Yes, same problem. What's up with that? Will there be a patch?

[Post New]by nowhereme on May 15, 10 3:17 PM
I have completed Week 9, Friday 3 different times now. Each time, I get the "Game Completed" celebration picture. I press Continue and the game then displays a black screen (can still hear the music) and the game locks up.

When I shut it down through Task Manager and then go back in, the game brings me back to Week 9, Friday as if I didn't just complete it.

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on May 19, 10 11:27 PM
I have the Access Error when I delete som soil, I think I remember that the same happend in Happyville and BFG came up with an update to solve the problem and it helped

LilyCathy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCathy on May 21, 10 1:36 AM
Access Violation Error during first 30 minutes repeately

[Post New]by PoppaCon on May 22, 10 2:01 AM
nana4ever5 wrote:I have played through the casual game twice without failing a level and still have not got the trophy for it. Has anyone else got that trophy?

For what it's worth, I am also having this problem.

[Post New]by singing_apple on May 25, 10 4:08 AM
I have the same problem as PoppaCon and nana4ever5!! How many times must I play before I get the trophy?!

[Post New]by mija1098 on May 26, 10 6:26 PM
Seem's like I am in the same position as everyone else. I've done all your site says to do, restart, update, restart, run directx. I get into the game I've been playing for weeks and now can't get anywhere. Try to continue and get access violation!!!! I want to finish.

Ok, been a week since I posted this and guess what? I submitted technical problem with big fish and got a FULL REFUND!!!! They had me update my drivers and all and after week 9 my computer (it's only 1 year old) can't support the graphics. If you are having all these technical issues don't just post here....go to technical support and send them an email. I was refunded my $19.95 game price and at least I'm not so unhappy. Figured you would all want to know

Edited on 06/06/2010 at 9:41:42 AM PST

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on May 27, 10 8:59 AM
Does any one know if BFG are going to do something about the problems in the game, not funny to pay for colector's edition an then you can not play the game???? I am getting a little angry:-(

[Post New]by LisaS777 on May 27, 10 6:44 PM

I have also played the casual game twice without failing and I haven't gotten the trophy. Do we have a correction for those of us who are having this error?

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on May 29, 10 7:33 AM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

If you are getting the Access Violation error you may want to try updating your video card drivers and/or Direct X. The good thing is almost all of these updates are free! Here is a link to our help article with more information <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation</a>

You can also contact <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Customer Support</a> by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

Since I work all week and mostly game on the weekends, I might suggest having customer support on Saturday too. It frustrates me I have this game and Sally's Studio and neither will play. They open but then immediately minimize and won't re-open. Saturday support please.

Edited on 05/29/2010 at 7:36:44 AM PST

[Post New]by mrsbocco on Jun 16, 10 11:59 AM
on the last level, I start to sell off all my unwanted machinery to make some cash, then I get an access violation error, black screen i have to start task manager to stop the game. It only happens on the last level when I sell off machinery. I have updated my directx video card.I paid $19.95 and I have completed the game, and not gotten the trophy. Really need a patch or a refund. The graphics aren't crisp either.

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 12:01:13 PM PST

[Post New]by Shammie_girl on Jun 28, 10 3:17 PM
Getting seriously fed up with the lack of advice by Big Fish with these tec problems, I have uninstalled RR2 9 times so far, disabled my firewall,uninstalled both of my anti virus´s, system restored until I cant remember where on earth I am, defragged, checked the video thingie, begged and promised my PC an inc holiday to Hawaii if it would work, tried the pretty useless "help" bit and the even more useless "contact us" button, where u cant actually subit ur complaint.... and as u can see I am no calmer...is this RR2 problem going to be resolved? or should I claim my 23dolllers back? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP BF please.

[Post New]by Shammie_girl on Jun 28, 10 3:22 PM
Ohhh forgot to mutter about how eveything is updated, I followed the instructions 7 times! And as I am in Spain,on a completely different time band, and work, it is impossible to join any live chat forums... so guess I am buggered if no one can resolve this

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Jun 30, 10 12:39 PM
I also have completed casual with no failures and can't get the trophy.

I have been playing successfully on all three modes for weeks and today ran into the issue with two processes running in task manager even though the application is not running. I was able to stop the process and then reopen successfully but it is disturbing that this crops up so late.

Trophies not showing

[Post New]by mamadream on Jul 1, 10 8:04 PM
Like other useres, the trophies are not displaying when completeing Expert and Casual modes. Any fix?

khumprp
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by khumprp on Jul 6, 10 9:29 AM
Make sure you've downloaded the latest version from bigfish. Then, you'll have to start your ranch over. If you continue in the middle of the ranch, the trophies will not appear.

[Post New]by JoLem59 on Jul 18, 10 12:40 PM
Well it looks like the problem isn't fixed, cuz now I am having the same problem as everyone else: Access violation. This is weird because i did get to play this game for a while: did the free trial and then bought it. It is only now, a month and a half later, that I can't even play it! I paid good money for this game and am disgusted that it doesn;t even work. How about a fix?

[Post New]by isaac31 on Jul 30, 10 6:53 AM
I am at the end of every level here and I dont know how to make the green looking fruit roll. Now there is your normal fruit roll made with oranges and sugar cane but this is a green roll and it is the only thing stopping me from beating any of the levels. Can anyone help me with this and tell how to make them.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 21, 10 12:19 PM
I was playing Ranch Rush and Ranch Rush 2 CE almost non-stop for several days, with just an occassional crash here and there after lots of hours of play.

Until the past couple days. Ranch Rush 2 has crashed and crashed and crashed my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, uninstalled and reinstalled BF games manager, run checkdisk with the check mark to fix errors and also have recently run it to find and try to recover bad sectors...

What helped *a bit* finally was to delete the Application data and start over fresh. The thing is, I started over once when I switched to the CE from the regular version, then once or twice again from crashing... it's getting to be some sort of water torture... Before all the crashing I was starting to play specifically to get the trophies, so I was into it a ways, and really into playing it.

I had lots of crashing with Royal Envoy too, but never had to delete my application data and start over with that one, at least.

Update: I've been having better luck again playing it today - crashed a couple times, but nothing that required more than a reboot. I've made it clear thru Casual Mode and Freeplay mode ok. But I avoided the decor items except just at the end of Freeplay mode, I got them all to get the trophy for that. So I'm wondering if the problem resides with some decor items or other somehow? or maybe with Expert Mode? I did play Expert Mode some today, but didn't get past week 5 - I had been farther along before, when it was crashing a lot.

Update 2: I have banished this game from my computer until some fix or other might come along. Not only does the game crash, it messes up my computer in the process. I've had to run chkdsk with all options checked more than once to fix what this game and its crashing have done to my computer. I have quite a bit of patience when all I need to do is reboot my computer. I would have been forgiving if this had only happened once. But I've started from scratch several times with this game, and it's messed up my computer every time, requiring long and boring troubleshooting to get things back to working right again. It's a real buzz-kill to find out your playground isn't "safe".

Edited on 10/22/2010 at 6:57:59 PM PST

Go to: