TEXAS

Tatty2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:TEXAS

[Post New]by Tatty2 on Aug 29, 17 10:43 AM
What I'm seeing on the news here in the UK is horrifying! Hope you are all somewhere safe, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 29, 17 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

It is great to see how supportive the Midnight Castle community is of each other. With this most recent event, I wanted to let players know that the thoughts of the entire Moderation Team are with the ones that have been affected.

bfgBellerophon

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Aug 29, 17 1:18 PM
Thank you bfgBellerophon
It is so heart warming to know that we all stick together in sad times, good times, come together as one in times of horrific horrors going on in the world and to have the Mod's join us means more than you will ever know again thank you for all those effect.
Randy

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Aug 29, 17 1:32 PM
I am so sorry so many of you are suffering during this terrible time.I can only guess at how stressful & frightening it it must be for you all & your families & friends.
Please take care each & every one of you.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 29, 17 1:40 PM
I've been glued to the tv. So utterly tragic...an entire family in a van and a police office in his patrol car drowns. More water than is even imaginable, both from the sky and from the levees.

How much more Texas can endure I do not know, but my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 29, 17 2:36 PM
I just saw on the news the Kingwood is now flooding. Tried calling In-Laws. No answer. I'm hoping they've evacuated safely.

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Skdu on Aug 29, 17 3:34 PM
To anyone in the area...be safe... to anyone with friends or relatives in the area--my thoughts and prayers are with you...

JERYLC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by JERYLC on Aug 29, 17 5:40 PM
I live in Dallas. My church bought formula, diapers, juice boxes, and backpacks for evacuees in the shelter next door to us. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Scarlett of Texas

Edited on 08/29/2017 at 5:49:27 PM PST

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Aug 29, 17 5:58 PM
Still sending thoughts and prayers, along with a of sunshine
Stay safe.

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Aug 29, 17 7:13 PM
I have been monitoring the news out of Texas since this started. I am both heartbroken by the scenes of devastation, yet uplifted when I see how neighbors are helping neighbors and the volunteerism.

Please be safe, be kind and know that we are all thinking of you and doing what we can via donations, etc.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 30, 17 9:33 AM
Harvey has now left the building (Texas) ...... and good riddance!

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Aug 30, 17 11:17 AM
my prayers for Texas at this awful time glad to hear it's on it's way hope it doesn't cause more trouble as it leaves Texas and heads on out god bless you all

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Aug 31, 17 7:57 AM
Although I grieve for those affected by Harvey, I can't help comparing with what is happening right now in India, Nepal and Bangladesh, where there are more than 1,200 people dead as I am writing this... of course I suppose there are not many in these countries who play games on computers, but I feel for them as well, a thought for them who suffer these inundations every year, with many drowned and injured.

Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by Knim on Aug 31, 17 8:41 AM
My thoughts and prayers go to Texas and the Asian countries suffering from these storms. The news upsets me but the outpouring of prayers, food, medical supplies etc. to all in need helps put into perspective the vast amount of good people with kind thoughts and genuine love for their fellow earthlings.
Old quote, not sure from whom or the exact words.
"you will never feel better about yourself as you do when you reach out to help someone in need".
Bless everyone always. Rosalie

Edited on 08/31/2017 at 8:42:32 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 31, 17 4:36 PM
Just got word from Kingwood TX.

Family was out of power for 5 days and had no way to contact anyone. Just got power back a couple hours ago. Still in their home. Surrounded by water everywhere but their house never got flooded at all. They were just high enough to stay dry.

Miracles do happen.

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Aug 31, 17 4:53 PM
So many suffering through this storm. Even as the rain stops so much needs to be done to get back to normal. Neighbors helping neighbors and those helping with boats are heartwarming. Prayers for all involved!!!

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Sep 1, 17 12:27 AM
Love and best wishes from the UK, keeping check on news, stay safe friends.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 1, 17 1:20 AM
silver_hawk wrote:Just got word from Kingwood TX.

Family was out of power for 5 days and had no way to contact anyone. Just got power back a couple hours ago. Still in their home. Surrounded by water everywhere but their house never got flooded at all. They were just high enough to stay dry.

Miracles do happen.

Wonderful news!

Still waiting to hear from family in Humble & Acostacita that do not reply to phone or email ---- if no word by tomorrow, going there to find out.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 1, 17 1:26 AM
So now, here in DFW, there has been a rush on gasoline due to the announcement that 10 refineries in the Gulf area have gone off line.

Lines are as much as a block long, and many gouging (service) stations have raised prices for a gallon of gas by over a dollar! But I'm sure that extra money will go to disaster relief.

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Sep 1, 17 3:21 AM
cbtx wrote:
silver_hawk wrote:Just got word from Kingwood TX.

Miracles do happen.

Wonderful news!

Still waiting to hear from family in Humble & Acostacita that do not reply to phone or email ---- if no word by tomorrow, going there to find out.

What a relief for you Silver_hawk.

cbtx I hope you hear from your family soon. If you don't and decide to go see for yourself - please be careful.

Prayers and thoughts are still with you all and everyone who suffers devastation like this.

Go to: