scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Eternity

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 1, 10 4:26 PM
Had the same distortion problem w/ the game stretching to fit my screen, & it's only 19", so I can imagine how irritating it was for someone w/ a lgr monitor. I thought the graphix were meh at best & the character rendering ridiculously amateurish. Scenes were squintworthy due to poor illumination. Those of you who like to wander around in the dark w/o a flashlight will enjoy. I'm not one of those.

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on May 1, 10 4:32 PM
I played the demo fully (I always do unless they are really awful) and I won't be buying this game, even if it is offered at a $2.99 price. I can't say why exactly; too confusing about what to do and what items need to combine to do yet another thing; time zones over too quickly; having to resort to hints too often to feel that I am actually playing the game and figuring it out by myself; etc.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 1, 10 4:36 PM
This is an okay game overall. But it can be confusing . I did the demo and made it into the Greek Medusa thing--I'll check the walk-through to see how many sections or eras there are. I used many more hints than I usually do because objects had to be combined and were assembled in the center of the screen. I wasted a lot of time wondering what the heck was supposed to cut the stones in the Eygpt scene. But as someone else mentioned, as you play, you a feeling & familiarity with the "way" of this game. If it's ever the daily special, I'll buy.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 1, 10 6:56 PM
To build the cart for the cave man, you must combine 5 wheel quarters. Excuse me?
Is the rest of the game this confusing?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 1, 10 8:07 PM
LuvDemGames wrote:I have played 20 minutes of the demo and had to quit because I got so annoyed with the game. I will probably pick it back up later, and finish the demo.... I will reserve judgment until I have finished the demo, but right now I don't think it's a buy for me.

i have to say that this is my boat as well... i found it more annoying than relaxing or fun... and why bother with a game if it's going to make you feel like it's work? yeah, i like the premise [otherwise i wouldn't have played the clumsy's] and i like the small hunting ground to fix one person's situation [otherwise i wouldn't have played azada: ancient magic] but the hint system is rather pointless and the cursor too finicky to really get a good feeling about this game... instead, i just found myself wishing it were over so i could go do something else...

in all, i don't think this one will be coming to stay, but congrats to rest of you! enjoy!

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on May 1, 10 8:11 PM
Wow, it was annoying and didn't have enough activities or levels, I finished the game really fast and I was like, that was it? Every level was the same series of silly tasks.
I was fooled by the demo, wasted my money on this one.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 1, 10 8:46 PM
I don't know about this one. When I first tried to play it, I had trouble. The cursor and game play in the beginning were okay but very soon, it started being slow and jerky so I went into options and unchecked the custom mouse. Then it crashed so I un-installed the game and checked to see if I needed any updates. I didn't need any-I'm all up-to-date so I tried once more to download and play and this time it did work better but I just couldn't get into the game-play. It just wasn't that interesting and I'm not really sure why. It was still slightly slow and jerky but I was able to play. I got to where you're supposed to cut stones out of the rock and wasn't getting anywhere with that so I decided to un-install it before the trial ended. I'll pass on this game.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 1, 10 8:47 PM
I did the beta of this game, although it was only a week or two ago. Which I guess is why they didn't make any changes. Not sure why they bother to beta if nothing changes.

My feelings then and now were about the same as most of you. There were things I liked and things I didn't but the more I played, the less I liked it. It was repetitive and got old fast.

What annoyed me most was the odd way things were combined. Without spoiling here I'll just say that there were times when the objects combined made no sense at all and in no way would they actually build what was expected.

I usually love a game that doesn't hold my hand but this one just seemed to make stuff up as it went along. The puzzles/mini-games were simple and ordinary and the hidden object scenes were small with only 8 or so objects to find, which were often extremely dark or tiny.

Anyway, it's interesting to me that much of the stuff I mentioned in my response to the beta is the same stuff you guys are mentioning here. So I ask again, why did they even bother to beta if they weren't going to do anything about it?

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on May 1, 10 10:04 PM
I liked what I played of the game but I got quite far in the demo and some of the time periods are very short.

Another issue I have with the game is the re-playable factor. I believe that because the tasks are very structured if you restarted the game it would be exactly the same.

I love the storyline though and the puzzles.

This game would not be one I put in my "bad" pile but a game that would go in my "only with a credit/daily deal" pile.

Nice game though, just I like a game that you can play again and again without remembering all of the things you need to find and where they are.

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on May 1, 10 10:21 PM
LuvDemGames wrote:I have played 20 minutes of the demo and had to quit because I got so annoyed with the game. I will probably pick it back up later, and finish the demo. What's with that draw the cart scheme thing? I click on the wall to try to draw and all I get is "draw the cart scheme here." Don't know what I'm supposed to do there if it won't let me draw something. I like that there is a check mark to let you know when you have finished an area, and there are lots of hints if you need them. I will reserve judgment until I have finished the demo, but right now I don't think it's a buy for me.

Hi
You have to find another item and do an extra step before you can actually draw the cart. Hope this helps don't want to give it away if you just want a clue enjoy

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on May 1, 10 10:25 PM
s_jjones wrote:I played the 60 minutes and unsure if I'll purchase. I got to that scene where you have to push the stone face buttons in a certain order and I could never figure that out, the Help just twinkled on the buttons but without a clue or hint no matter what button I pushed, got the message: these must be pressed in a certain order, very frustrating. Was stuck there for the last almost 10 minutes, sigh.

I tried this Forum to see if there was a walkthrough, but haven't found it yet, although some have mentioned it. Anyway, liked the game, once there is a walkthrough I might reconsider purchasing it.

Hi I was frustrated by that puzzle as well but found after doing another scene task it allowed me to push the stones in the order they wanted. Would have been nice if they let us know sooner!

pamhall63
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pamhall63 on May 2, 10 1:12 AM
MargieB wrote:
fernalt wrote:I
Apparently there is a bug in the game, you have to open the cage first and place the mouse on the ground second, if you do it out of sequence, the feather will not appear.

Please see the forum "SPOILER Bug with 225BC (minotaur)" to view the discussion.

You will have to start the game over to get past this bug.

Good Luck

Margie B

I didn't have this problem. I put the mouse down first, went for the key, let the bird out and clicked on the feather mid-air.

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on May 2, 10 1:15 AM
Hello all. I just finished the demo and almost finished with king Arthur. I really enjoyed the game so far. I don't know how long it is....anyone know? I found it a little confusing at first, but quickly got the hang of it. The puzzles so far were okay and not hard, except for the mouse puzzle. I had to skip it as I didn't want to use all my time up on it. I think I will probably get it with one of my punch coupons, I just wish I knew how long it is.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on May 2, 10 2:01 AM
I felt this one was OK, not great, just OK. The story and travel between scenes was good. The graphics arent great. Many of the items you cant even tell what they are. The music and sounds were boring. The rotate on the puzzle pieces worked horribly. The hints loaded quickly, but were not helpful.

My biggest complaint about this game is lack of instruction or maybe it's not good game flow. It was too frustrating trying to figure out what to do. Interesting I got stuck at the same place many others did. Very bad choice to put the emerald on the guy that talks to you. Now Im on the 3rd chapter stuck at another place I have not gotten a hint as to what to do.

It seems to have decent length. I read it has 14 chapters and I got to about 1/2 thru the 3rd in the hour. I wont be buying this one, I didnt feel it was enjoyable.

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on May 2, 10 2:09 AM
I enjoyed playing this game, once I found out which order the buttons had to be pressed in!!
The hidden objects were good - some were easy, some were quite difficult. I liked the way the rooms were crossed off when they were completed.
Im sure I've demo'd this game before, but am adding this to my buy list.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on May 2, 10 4:08 AM
Raska wrote:I played the demo and I still don't know if I'm going to buy this game...There are some I like a lot more than this one ! We'll see and wait for others who completed it !
My first impression is : a bit confusing
Raska

Raska, I could not agree with you more! I played half and was confused. Waited until later, more awake, and was still left with the feeling of confusion. This is a for me. And I need a new, good challenging game

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on May 2, 10 9:52 AM
OK, another absent relative/mentor showing up in your life and complicating it with demands to help him build the ultimate ............whatever. So far, the game is alright, but not great. I agree with everyone who thinks the items are too small and the cursor is very picky. Grrr. I don't know if I will finish the demo on this or not, as I have several other games waiting on the runway, so to speak. Maybe I will just let it hang there in my games list and come back to it when I am in between games that have me by the gaming throat. LOL.

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on May 2, 10 11:13 AM
Not my kind of game at all
Graphics are terrible, not a clue what to loook for, didnt even finish the demo lasted 15 minutes and deleted it.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on May 2, 10 11:17 AM
Good game. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Cleverly hidden objects. Decent graphics

[Post New]by kskreations on May 2, 10 4:43 PM
So far I have liked the game, but have come to a stop because, for some reason, I cannot find the feather from the bird in Hall of Fame, 225 BC. The window is checked as completed and I don't have the feather to make the bow & arrow to complete this level. I have retried the game with another name, but it does the same thing. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Go to: