Update Sept. 19th

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Update Sept. 19th

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 20, 17 3:13 PM
Fish - definitely something has gone wrong as the 5 that came up on my screen weren't even in the same places as the old ones and I didn't get charged anything. Contact customer support, they are usually very good and you can get your money back!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 20, 17 3:37 PM
Hello fishfinder246,

I'm so sorry that 340 coins were accidentally spent when the Resource Mart in Sydney was clicked upon. Please do write into our Gummy Drop! Support Team as they're equipped with the tools to resolve this for you. Please also include your User ID with the inquiry. If any further questions arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 20, 17 6:38 PM
I haven't got the update yet on my ipad, so I have just taken notice of your comments guys, on the marts in Sydney, and I have taken a pile of screenshots to see the before and after when it eventually gets to me. Will be interesting to see what happens.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 20, 17 9:33 PM
Yay, my update hit after dinner this evening, on the Sydney resource centers I originally built 10 of the 12 and maxed out the first 8 in exchange I received 3 fully completed one partial and the last needing to be built for 700 coins. And is it just me, but doesn't Sam look an awful lot like Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel? She's gorgeous!

Jolliejackie
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Jolliejackie on Sep 21, 17 12:23 AM
The Sydney resource markets are definitely different.
Originally I had 3 working on full capacity. Now I've been allotted 2 and one of these is with minimum return. This made sense to me after reading grampa's post.
To build remaining markets the requirements are:
340 coins choice of bricks, hats or pinks 6000 per 12 hours:
400 coins choice of bricks, hats or pinks 9000 per 30 hours:
700 coins choice of bricks, hats or pinks 15000 per 48 hours .

Also wondering what your thoughts are on the changes to the chest?
Last night (day one) I received 2500 pinks. This morning (day two) 2500 pinks again.
Will it be the same for the next 5 days?
Realistically a boost would have been a better reward as I've completed cities to date.
This is not a complaint just an observation.
All in all changes were needed and it still is the best game ever !

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Sep 21, 17 12:49 AM
I just received my first treasure chest today, and it rewarded me 10 coins, so maybe it's random? Love the changes, and was able to open a new city with the gifted travel vouchers. I know some of you are already in the latest city, so have no use for it, but I am happily wandering through Amsterdam, the city where I was born

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 21, 17 4:50 AM
Yes, the treasure chests are random, I got 2500 bricks, 10 coins and 2500 pinks. Love the travelvouchers too, I am debating to go back to Boston or open up a new city...

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Sep 21, 17 4:58 AM
Got another demo today, how to use the oasis boost, plus three more..

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Sep 21, 17 5:22 AM
I have had 3 demo's so far, it seems everytime the game "thinks" I am encountering a new challenge... not complaining, every demo is good for 3 free boosts! Received 3 shockwave boosts, 3 "suns" (removing layer of ice) and 3 sand removing boosts...

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 21, 17 5:35 AM
GD must have realized I already had all cities unlocked. I didn't get the useless travel vouchers. I did get some fancy reward on my passport, and when I see my face on a city map there is a star in the corner now.

So far I've gotten the boost lessons for sonic blast and sunshine. I did notice that they seem to only come from playing intern levels, and the level I get for the lesson has no resources and doesn't match the architect level, but the boost from the lesson would be useful for the architect level if I weren't so stubborn.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 21, 17 7:06 AM
Got the 4,000 free travel vouchers this morning and since I'm shipping resources to Barcelona it's vacation time! "Please come to Boston, she said no, boy won't you come home to me" what do you say globetrotter, wanna take a trip? Got to say that so far I'm really enjoying this update, congratulations GD and happy birthday!

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 21, 17 7:13 AM
Thanks bfg Beruna for the advice and for others regarding the cost for resource Mart in Sydney.

I will contact CS.

Fish

LOVE THE UPDATE!

[Post New]by Allnamesinuse on Sep 21, 17 3:01 PM
Thank you to the developers - my heart sank faced with another update as the last two were so time-consuming, but I only had 3 or 4 cities to download separately. There was no clear connection as to why those cities, but it saved me hours of frustrating time.

The "birthday" shows in the little gifts so that part is really well done too.
The "so close" message still gives me a chuckle when I'm 100,000 short of the target, but being free of the words covering the game is very welcome as is the lack of zoom.

I would have liked restoration of the running total of resources earned as I still miss that, but perhaps next time. In general this is the best update so far, for me at least.

[Post New]by Salaadin on Sep 21, 17 4:56 PM
Is there a way to change Sam's picture? The updated version is not Sam. Maybe the programmers can change the name of the new picture, and give everybody a choice. Please make some changes because I do not like seeing the updated version. Thank you.

shari715
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by shari715 on Sep 21, 17 5:32 PM
I really like the new sam. She looks like a lady not a cartoon figure.Thanks for all the gifts dev's.Awesome update!!!!!

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Sep 21, 17 5:58 PM
In two years of playing GD, this is the most awesome update yet. Thank you GD team for all of the goodies, and the new features.

Everyone - there's a kind of Easter Egg in Sydney. Not all of the new Helping Hands you see are levels you have to play. Just tap them for a bunch of resources. Seemed to be mainly any that don't have a path leading up to them.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 22, 17 12:18 AM
Thank you lawaters, I missed that completely!
Salaadin, what's not to like? Sam looks like a real girl now and a pretty and stylish one at that. I love this update, Sam included!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Sep 22, 17 2:57 AM
I didn't initially notice the people standing around in Sydney either. Clicking on them releases free resources - not huge amounts but they're free so can't complain.

zapberry
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by zapberry on Sep 22, 17 10:49 PM
I got the update a couple nights ago! ^__^ Yay!

I appreciate the travel vouchers! I'm one of the people that uses them to travel to a random city when I'm on the verge of coinlessness.

The Gummy girl is more realistic now... I don't really have a preference for how she looks. Although, when starting a level she does this tapping thing on her phone and the sound that it makes sounds reminiscent of what I would imagine cartoon cockroaches running across a screen would sound like. That isn't a bad thing but it is a bit odd, lol. I'm not used to it yet.

Heavensmanor
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Heavensmanor on Sep 23, 17 1:06 AM
I'm still getting the inane comments cluttering up the screen and concealing the gummies making my next move difficult, I thought this had been removed in this update, am I wrong?

Go to: