Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions comments and reviews

[Post New]by Donick2 on May 2, 10 6:23 PM
stanliness wrote:Oooh! Like it! I kind of like the switching - keeps you guessing where everything is. Once I get my freebie, this will get purchased!

What were the first two Magic Encyclopedia games? I have ME Moon Light, but what's the other?

the first 1 is just called Magic Encyclopedia & is on BF look at games list under HOGS & you will find it there
Hope you like it they are all great but still prefer 1st & 2nd to this new one

Have fun

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on May 2, 10 6:42 PM
Have been waiting for weeks for BF getting this game since released by maker but they too dear & not coupon cards,so my wait is finally over !!!!

Although I do like this game I don't think it is as good as first or 2nd in series,they were easier & more relaxing,they are making them too complicated & first game I have had to get help with or freeze on

Not usual Magic Encyclopedia but good

BuggsyBoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by BuggsyBoy on May 2, 10 6:45 PM
GRRRREAT Game... like the other post took awhile to understand the game, but once I got going I played for 4 hours straight. I am only at the 3rd chapter out of 5. Once I figured out how to go back and forth between illusion and reality it is a thinking game. The best thing is to stop and consider all the objects that must be found and how they relate to the scene. This is not your average Hidden Object and I could not play with the TV on or any distractions, took my total concentration, which for me was great to get my mind elsewhere. I have had to use the hint a couple of times, and the walkthrough several times in the second chapter. This game is definately not easy. Well worth the credit. No bugs or tech issues...

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 2, 10 6:48 PM
primrose188 wrote:I have downloaded this game from two different places and it will not let me use my mouse.
I have loads of games Big Fish and this have never happen before.
Dose anyone know what is wrong

If you downloaded it from 2 different places and have both on your system at the same time, you might need to uninstall BOTH of them, reboot your system, and then only install 1 of them at a time to see if your mouse works.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on May 2, 10 6:56 PM
YES!!!!! This is just the type of game I love! I loved the first two ME games, and, although this is a bit different, it is still true to the original type of game play. This game has "replayability" (if there is such a word) for me.

I am terribly bored with plain old HOGs, so for me, the "illusions" switching is fun and different. Some objects are easy to find, others are hard, but the hint system is awesome.

I definitely hope to see more games along this line!! Five thumbs up for me!

[Post New]by happygrams18 on May 3, 10 12:53 AM
A very simple I LIKE IT from me happygrams. I am most HAPPY with this game. I love the brainwork it provides. Yeah, I used my hint button several times, but at my age the gray matter in my brain isn't what it used to me.

Seriously, this is a wonderful game. It is hard at times, but I LOVE the artwork, the illusions that can be seen on the same scenery. I would truly like to see this type of game again. Much better than the same old hidden object game. This one has personality, challenges, and just plain makes you feel good when you solved the challenge.

It is one of the best games that I have seen and I am looking forward to playing it again....I cannot say that about all the games, but this one definitely is a winner.

The ONLY complaint is the music...a mixture of Chinese, India, American, etc. I just turned the volume WAY DOWN and that made me happy.

Got to get back to the game now...only at the beginning of chapter 2 and I am loving every minute of this game. The creators of this game need to know what a super job they did.

This game has made this Grams a HAPPYGRAMS!!!!

Edited on 05/03/2010 at 1:02:00 AM PST

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 3, 10 2:50 AM
Loved the first two.

Gonna love this one too!

Good workout for the brain

Alawar, you rock!

[Post New]by Coronagold on May 3, 10 3:36 AM
I bought & played this game from Big Fish many months ago. Is this place suffering from dementia or what.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 3, 10 4:32 AM
Coronagold wrote:I bought & played this game from Big Fish many months ago. Is this place suffering from dementia or what.

Not possible, it just came out I downloaded the demo from developer a few weeks ago.. You must have played one of the others. There are 2 previous ME games.

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on May 3, 10 7:44 AM
[size=14 J[b]
Just finished the game. Loved it. Have to admit that I used the hint button many time's, but didn't have to go to the walk-through. Can't wait for the sequel.

[Post New]by NCPantherEyes on May 3, 10 7:51 AM
I have the other other two Magic Encyclopedia's and those I truly enjoy...this however, NO. This is one I won't bother buying.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 3, 10 8:28 AM
I'd like to first say a big thanks to BFG--and hope that everyone noticed-- that they offered this as a regular game club game and NOT as a CE.

For those who have played the previous Magic Encyclopedias, the artist for this installment is different and so is the game play. There are five levels each level with five locations. The puzzles are not difficult, nor so repetitive. Finding of objects is not as straight forward. You begin by finding some fragments for a set of objects, but then you must find how to look through the illusion in the room to find more. Once you conquer the room's illusion, you will find more fragments for other objects. It is a progressive scenario of objects and objectives.

I found it very clever and unique and truly enjoyed. The graphics are great and thought it lived up to the Magic Encyclopedia tradition.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 3, 10 10:10 AM
Love this game! Bought it after the demo ran out, even though I was still playing Deadtime. Just couldn't resist. The good games seem to be few and far between, so when a good one comes out, I'm all over it. LOL

Sallyem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions comments and reviews

[Post New]by Sallyem on May 3, 10 11:11 AM
cche wrote:Played 50 minutes, making it most of the way through chapter I. (I think)
A FROG up to Alawar's standard. This one seems a bit easier in the puzzle department, and tougher in the HOG realm.

Graphics are bright where they should be, and nothing terribly difficult to find once you figure out where (or how!) to look.

Music is acceptable, clips are long enough that I don't find them irritating, nothing special though.

hints are unlimited as far as I could tell, but often not helpful.

All in all, a decent product. 5.5 on my scale of 10. Might buy it if I am feeling flush.

Sallyem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sallyem on May 3, 10 11:13 AM
Ahem.....what, exactly does FROG mean??? Please?

Sally

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on May 3, 10 11:21 AM
Sallyem wrote:Ahem.....what, exactly does FROG mean??? Please?

Sally

Hi Sally and welcome to the pond.

FROG = Fragmented (Hidden) Object Game, Instead of finding whole objects you find fragments of objects that have been broken up into pieces.

Hope that helps

Sallyem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sallyem on May 3, 10 11:25 AM
Thank you, Cyndo. It wasn't a familiar term to me. However, many of the
IHOGS are like that as well.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 3, 10 11:56 AM
Well I thought this game was wonderful and I was really enjoying it overall even though some of the objects were tiny until I came to the last scene ... now I have a splitting headache.

I do not see why it was necessary for there to be such bright big flashes of light every couple of seconds while the Illusionist was going through his disguises. It was dreadful. I had to cover my screen and use hints to find the objects as all I could see was the flashing light. It completely ruined the game for me and ensured that I will not be playing it again.

C

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on May 3, 10 2:07 PM
Loved ME 1 and 2 but this one is kicking my ****. I just cannot finish a scene without resorting to using at least one hint and I like to do a game with no hints.

Think I'll leave it for a few days and then come back. It was getting me too frazzled instead of relaxing me.

I do love these games though and the graphics are superb.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on May 3, 10 2:44 PM
Really enjoyed ME 1 & 2 and this one is no disappointment - love the swiching from reality to illusion, takes a bit of getting used to but a new concept which makes the game more enjoyable.
BTW it took me nearly 6 hours to complete!
I give it out of 5
Happy gaming

Go to: