Re:Post any Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues here only

[Post New]by phobarbenix on May 12, 10 1:22 AM
i've gotten through to the end of chapter 2 and now i'm supposed to go back and find differences. i did this (somehow) for chapter 1 but i can't get to any differences screen now. i click on CHAPTER 2 on the menu page and then click PLAY and get the same ending screen again from the regular game. so how do you get to the DIFFERENCES

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on May 12, 10 1:39 AM
I downloaded the game ok, and it plays, but I do have trouble sometimes (mostly when I'm ready to exit the game) with the cursor freezing. It has also frozen a few times at the end of a scene. I thought it might be my cordless mouse, so I replaced the batteries, and wiped off the mouse and mousepad, and it still does it. Mouse works ok except when I'm in this game, so it's the game.

Other than that, I am really enjoying the game. I loved the first two ME games, and this one is just as good. Though it does make me a little dizzy during the "Illusion" parts. But I can deal with it.

I did start the game over with another user name during the first chapter. I thought I had collected all the boards for the bridge, but it showed I still had one missing. On checking the walkthrough, I could tell that I had picked up all of them, but since I couldn't progress in the game till I had all the boards, I just started over. The second time it worked fine.

I'll have to check and see if I still have the demo version in my computer; if so, I'll delete it. I downloaded the demo from another site and played the hour; that's why I couldn't wait for BF to come out with it. But if the demo is still in there, maybe that is what is causing the glitches.

[Post New]by aaaabbbb on May 12, 10 5:50 AM
Can anyone tell me where to find the fishes tail? I even looked at the walkthrough to see where it was, but I still can't find it. It's not where it says it is in the walkthrough with or without the glasses.

[Post New]by dcwoodland on May 12, 10 1:47 PM
"The exit from Poseidon's kingdom is closed for some reason". Is this a glitch or is there a way to get out of this room? So close to the end, it's frustrating. Last scene in Chapter IV.

Ha ha, never mind. I out! I'm free to finish! I found the exit on the bottom left of my screen.

Edited on 05/12/2010 at 1:49:12 PM PST

[Post New]by ZeldaDaWitch on May 13, 10 11:50 AM
The black boxes that have the written instructions, menu,options etc are blank. Any suggestions how to get writting on them? I bought the game but its to hard to figure out whats going on without the writing so if no suggestions Im going to contact customer service.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on May 13, 10 10:42 PM
Well, I checked, and there is only this one version of the game in my computer. So the "freezing cursor" is a glitch, I guess. But it only happens sometimes, not always. I have finished the game, even with that problem.

[Post New]by phobarbenix on May 15, 10 9:48 PM
i'm in the poseidon section. i'm supposed to move the crab and take the last piece of the fishing rod before the crab comes back. i figured out finally how to move the crab, but as soon as i click where he WAS, the game is PAUSED. the girl says the crab is too fast....how will she ever catch it? and that sentence sits right on top of the fishing rod piece and the whole game is paused if i click anywhere near any of it....then the crab is back. what's the secret??

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

Post any Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues here only

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 16, 10 1:06 AM
gimmegames wrote:BF games manager is not responding to game closing. Windows Task Manager shows game closed though. When I left the demo the first time, I rebooted my computer and then continued demo. Same thing happened again - games manager didn't acknowledge game closing.

Since I don't want to buy it, this is fyi only.

Same issue here & I am really getting tired of having to reboot b/c so many recent games are having this exact same issue! Apparently it's not happening to enough of us for BFG to bother tinkering in the Game Mgr & fix the problem. Well, apparently that's why my wallet's been staying closed lately.

edited for typo'ing

Edited on 05/16/2010 at 1:07:32 AM PST

[Post New]by annecatt on May 16, 10 1:09 PM
I am in the telescope scene. I cannot complete the blue potion. There are no pieces where the cheat says they are. Clicking on the red potion does not do anything. The platform is elevated, there's no padlock. Is this a glitch? I also cannot complete the wand. The parchment is complete and sparkling but doesn't do anything. Am I frozen?

[Post New]by Bublee1 on May 16, 10 7:34 PM
I am stuck at Chapter 1, Window 5. I got to complete the firefly jar, and the hint will not find the final piece of the watering can, can't find pieces of the shovel to dig the dirt where I think I'd find the mandrake seeds. All that is just a guess so far.

[Post New]by Irish_Fire on May 18, 10 10:08 PM
Newbie here...I have had no other problems with the numerous games I have downloaded and bought. But this one...nothing I do works! I finally got it to come up, but the cursor doesn't work. I've heard good reviews, would love to try it, but it just isn't possible. I am running Windows 7 (new computer came loaded with Win7 so it's not an upgrade type issue.)

Sadly, I've just given up.

Irish

[Post New]by kim1961 on May 19, 10 1:04 PM
The game is not saving any progress when exiting. I've run the game 3 times now, the first time I exited after reaching the second room with the the telescope and had to re-start, the second time the program crashed after I'd placed the mandrake root in the sphere, so I had to re-start. Tonight I've just arrived at the same place and thought that I would exit and save the game in case it crashed again, only to find that the game hasn't saved at all. This is the first game that I;ve not been impressed with. Will delete this version a download again to see if that works any better.

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on May 21, 10 5:32 AM
I just tried downloading the game again (it's been about 3 weeks) hoping there might have been a fix for the "no cursor" problem about which I posted on May 2, but it seems nothing has changed. Will there be no help for this, BFG? I'd love to buy the game, I really enjoyed the last ME game.....

[Post New]by rgodfrey3 on May 24, 10 6:20 AM
Well, I read all the tech issues, went and installed the flash 10, made sure all other areas of my computer were updated and the game still won't play. At first it would freeze my system up and I couldn't even open task mngr, now I get that access error and it closes.

After reading all the other posts about getting stuck in this area or that, I am just going to uninstall it and forget about it.

Probably would have bought it too but it would be too frustrating to get to say 'chapter 2' and it freeze on me so before I even begin I will let it go....

Darn.... looked like a good game too!

[Post New]by mommyof4 on May 28, 10 9:54 AM
at the end of chapter three--looking for scarab for the next portal-says to look elsewhere but i can not get out for the screen to go back anywhere. can anyone tell me how? clicked the bottom of the screen on the right corner but nothing?? BIGFISH why so many issues on so many games lately??

[Post New]by doughnuts49er on Jun 10, 10 9:47 AM
I am on chapter 4, location 4. My problem is the little fish with the lantern. This fish was not, and is not swimming around. When I clicked on it to give it the lantern, it was stationary in the picture. How do you get it to swim? Is there a fix for this? When I click on the big fish skeleton, it just says it's to dark to see in here. When I click on the lantern fish, it just says now he can see. I know from reading other posts that other people have had this same problem, but do not see a solution. I hope there is one. Thanks in advance.

Helen64
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,936 Posts

[Post New]by Helen64 on Jun 10, 10 4:55 PM
Hi I am having trouble finishing chapter one it keeps telling me to try elsewhere and I go downstairs and it tells me the same thing. There is no where else to go. I have had a number of problems with BF games lately so I am almost dont with BF also. I enjoy BF games and have bought alot of the games recently but too many problems I just don't need the hassles. I just want games that work on my computer. I am running Vista. thanks Helen.

Game won't stay on the screen

[Post New]by tigress_kitten on Jun 17, 10 4:25 PM
Can't start the game - I click on it, it starts and instantly minimizes to my taskbar. Repeated clicking on the icon does the same thing. I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit. Help?

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Jun 27, 10 11:55 AM
lovestoseek wrote:well I D/Led 2 times and I get this when I try to start it up..Error Access Violation at 0x004ED3DE (tried to read 0X00000000) program terminated) Thats what it bsays then goes away..????

I've got the same message twice when I first installed it from BF and then reinstalled it from another site. I think the problem is in the game because I very seldom have problems with any of these games. So, unfortunately, I'm going to have to skip this game, as much as I would like to play it.

Post any Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues here only

[Post New]by grapegrower on Jul 25, 10 7:26 PM
gimmegames wrote:BF games manager is not responding to game closing. Windows Task Manager shows game closed though. When I left the demo the first time, I rebooted my computer and then continued demo. Same thing happened again - games manager didn't acknowledge game closing.

Since I don't want to buy it, this is fyi only.

Go to: