Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 18, 17 5:33 PM
Hmmmm.... all you need to do is place them in this "room" (thread) ...... others will come find the box and help themselves.


Rather funny that AuntieRoo mentioned the chocolate chip cookies ....... when my girls were in high school, they worked on a Lit Mag (Literature Magazine that was sponsored by one of the English teachers).....Students submitted their short stories and poems that were judged by the students for "worthiness to be published." Then the students laid out the magazine, worked with a local printer to get it published. Cover art was done by a student (and yes, they competed for that as well).

As the deadline approached (because they needed to get it back from the publisher in time to distribute to the students before school ended), they always pulled "all-nighters" on weekends. For each all-nighter, I made 12 dozen chocolate chip cookies for the kids to munch on and was dubbed the "Cookie Mom" by the students.

Ahhhhhhhh, fond memories..........

 

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Oct 18, 17 5:35 PM
To all the long-timers who we depend on:
I have learned so much just by reading the different threads. What especially hits me is the tact and kindness that you all display when responding to newbies with questions and/or confusion. No matter how many times you address the same issues you treat each person like their question is legitimate and worthy of your interest. Often you provide examples of your own to show that we are all in the same boat. This forum is not just for the long-timers. It welcomes every new person to become a part of the group.

 
Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 18, 17 5:43 PM
Susanna502 wrote:To all the long-timers who we depend on:
I have learned so much just by reading the different threads. What especially hits me is the tact and kindness that you all display when responding to newbies with questions and/or confusion. No matter how many times you address the same issues you treat each person like their question is legitimate and worthy of your interest. Often you provide examples of your own to show that we are all in the same boat. This forum is not just for the long-timers. It welcomes every new person to become a part of the group.


Yup yup that's the whole idea to encourage the newbies to stick around and remind the veterans (as if they need a reason) to stay. Lots of awesome people here you just have to partake. Speaking of partaking?

Cookies anyone? Our favorite cookiemom Annelliegram baked them! Don't worry AuntieRoo I saved extras for you per Annelliegram's special instructions....

Edited on 10/18/2017 at 5:58:24 PM PST


 
Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 18, 17 5:46 PM
Annelliegram wrote:Hmmmm.... all you need to do is place them in this "room" (thread) ...... others will come find the box and help themselves.


Rather funny that AuntieRoo mentioned the chocolate chip cookies ....... when my girls were in high school, they worked on a Lit Mag (Literature Magazine that was sponsored by one of the English teachers).....Students submitted their short stories and poems that were judged by the students for "worthiness to be published." Then the students laid out the magazine, worked with a local printer to get it published. Cover art was done by a student (and yes, they competed for that as well).

As the deadline approached (because they needed to get it back from the publisher in time to distribute to the students before school ended), they always pulled "all-nighters" on weekends. For each all-nighter, I made 12 dozen chocolate chip cookies for the kids to munch on and was dubbed the "Cookie Mom" by the students.

Ahhhhhhhh, fond memories..........


Cooooookies!!! But seriously 12 dozen? You must have made some students very happy - there's no cookie emoji

 
PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Oct 18, 17 5:54 PM
I must admit the Husky is my favorite pet, seeing as I have one in real life. Hahaha The other day one of my friends had the Husky egg on their wish list and I had 2 eggs, so I shared my extra egg with my friend. I also share whatever is on the list for a CC that day. If I don't have a certain item, I will buy it for them. This game makes it easy to do nice things for people. And I love the idea of having the chance to give everyone of my friends a gift one day a year. I always feel so bad and hope I never leave anyone out.

 
Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 18, 17 6:02 PM
PetraN54 wrote:I must admit the Husky is my favorite pet, seeing as I have one in real life. Hahaha The other day one of my friends had the Husky egg on their wish list and I had 2 eggs, so I shared my extra egg with my friend. I also share whatever is on the list for a CC that day. If I don't have a certain item, I will buy it for them. This game makes it easy to do nice things for people. And I love the idea of having the chance to give everyone of my friends a gift one day a year. I always feel so bad and hope I never leave anyone out.


Doesn't that feel really good PetraN54 - it's like a virtual hug for a friend. Or "You Got Mail". As a child I would have loved mail delivery 24/7 now I get my wish so cool.

 
eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 18, 17 6:03 PM
COOKIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YUM YUM YUM DA H*** WIFF DA BELT LINE
LOAD ME UP

 
PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Oct 18, 17 6:10 PM
Kimberly_63 wrote:
PetraN54 wrote:I must admit the Husky is my favorite pet, seeing as I have one in real life. Hahaha The other day one of my friends had the Husky egg on their wish list and I had 2 eggs, so I shared my extra egg with my friend. I also share whatever is on the list for a CC that day. If I don't have a certain item, I will buy it for them. This game makes it easy to do nice things for people. And I love the idea of having the chance to give everyone of my friends a gift one day a year. I always feel so bad and hope I never leave anyone out.


Doesn't that feel really good PetraN54 - it's like a virtual hug for a friend. Or "You Got Mail". As a child I would have loved mail delivery 24/7 now I get my wish so cool.


Yes, it did make me feel really good. And I hope that person loves their Husky as much as I love mine. ^_^ If I can make one person smile or laugh a day, I feel like I accomplished something. Smile to a stranger as you past them or hold the door open for the next person. The smile you get back will warm your heart in no time.

 
Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 18, 17 6:18 PM
PetraN54 wrote:
Kimberly_63 wrote:
PetraN54 wrote:I must admit the Husky is my favorite pet, seeing as I have one in real life. Hahaha The other day one of my friends had the Husky egg on their wish list and I had 2 eggs, so I shared my extra egg with my friend. I also share whatever is on the list for a CC that day. If I don't have a certain item, I will buy it for them. This game makes it easy to do nice things for people. And I love the idea of having the chance to give everyone of my friends a gift one day a year. I always feel so bad and hope I never leave anyone out.


Doesn't that feel really good PetraN54 - it's like a virtual hug for a friend. Or "You Got Mail". As a child I would have loved mail delivery 24/7 now I get my wish so cool.


Yes, it did make me feel really good. And I hope that person loves their Husky as much as I love mine. ^_^ If I can make one person smile or laugh a day, I feel like I accomplished something. Smile to a stranger as you past them or hold the door open for the next person. The smile you get back will warm your heart in no time.


It's free and it also lets them know I'm a human being! Sending you virtual smiles . Thank you for sharing.....

 
AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Oct 19, 17 2:20 AM
Munch,munch,munch, oops sorry.I don't want to add anything,I just came in for the cookies,....munch,munch,munch

 
Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 19, 17 4:42 AM
AuntieRoo you're too funny you did share you just don't realize it.

 
Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Everyday Acts of "Player" Kindness

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Oct 31, 17 1:51 PM
Happy Halloween everyone! Have a safe, happy and blessed Halloween night!

I wanted to send a special thank you to all my Android friends, they really have been awesome!

Also, please keep NYC/Manhattan in your thoughts and prayers as there apparently has been an incident involving gunfire.

 
 
 
 
Go to: