Newest update to game

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:Newest update to game

[Post New]by linda43416 on Oct 17, 17 5:52 AM
missbethann wrote:
linda43416 wrote:I don't know if anyone has noticed, but on a positive note here, you are able to sell your flies every time you open the game. It may not be a big amount of coins but it will add up if you think to open game often! Could make up for loss at the gold mine and then some.

Welllll, they took that away! I noticed it right away but said nothing here and was hoping no one else did. Took 'em only a day to nip that in the bud.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Oct 17, 17 5:54 AM
Yes, I see today it is gone!! So sorry, should not have commented. Thought it was on purpose to entice people to visit game more often. Really stupid of me!

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Oct 17, 17 6:08 AM
linda43416, no, NOT stupid of you. It was a nice thought of you to alert others of the "short-term" riches. I'm sure some (many ?) forum members had a chance to gain some coins that they might not have received. I wouldn't think of calling any forum members "stupid", but after this change, I know where this title might apply. Good luck in whichever game you and others might migrate to.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Oct 17, 17 9:02 AM
Fred_just_Fred wrote:linda43416, no, NOT stupid of you. It was a nice thought of you to alert others of the "short-term" riches. I'm sure some (many ?) forum members had a chance to gain some coins that they might not have received. I wouldn't think of calling any forum members "stupid", but after this change, I know where this title might apply. Good luck in whichever game you and others might migrate to.
Thank you, that was very thoughtful of you, appreciate it. Linda

[Post New]by Cheerfulness on Oct 17, 17 9:11 AM
I'm surprised that they think we'll just go along with this.

This was a nice little game, and I would have bought it as a standard fare PC game. As it's now become a greed-fest, I've uninstalled.

Ironically, when it comes to these games, there are many more fish in the sea.
( See what I did there? )

maxbridge
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on Oct 17, 17 11:30 AM
Hi linda43416 - gosh don't feel bad or beat yourself up - I bet they have someone playing / testing it anyway, this did happen one other time and it was reversed within 24 hours too..

Unfortunately we are not all playing experts and they have taken away the fun factor by continually toughening it up.. I for one will play until my coins / patience runs out but I certainly won't be buying more. It has been fun so far, this is just a shame..
Best wishes to you..

LMcCrary
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by LMcCrary on Oct 17, 17 7:52 PM
Well today they made it mandatory to update the game, so they've just lost a faithful player. I'll check in here to see if they give up back our rewards. If they do I'll give it another go. In the meantime, I'll go back to some games I own I haven't played in a long time and keep my eyes open for a good match three game (they don't let you make suggestions here, alas, and I have tried all of them at Big Fish).

Wishing fun to those of you still playing this.

[Post New]by missbethann on Oct 17, 17 10:17 PM
linda43416 wrote:Yes, I see today it is gone!! So sorry, should not have commented. Thought it was on purpose to entice people to visit game more often. Really stupid of me!

I am so sorry my comment was taken in an unfriendly way. I did not intend it to be anything like that at all. We are all stressed cos of the major changes and I should have chosen my words more carefully. No one here is stupid. I realize you were trying to give a "heads up" to everyone that contributes to this forum. I will swim to my corner and take my punishment.

Miss BethAnn

[Post New]by Higley on Oct 18, 17 3:27 AM
A mandatory update, and only $15 gold pieces mined per cycle in Witchville???
Why?
Any suggestions, anyone, for another match 3 game?

Edited on 10/18/2017 at 3:29:42 AM PST

[Post New]by missbethann on Oct 18, 17 8:22 AM
Higley wrote:A mandatory update, and only $15 gold pieces mined per cycle in Witchville???
Why?
Any suggestions, anyone, for another match 3 game?

I enjoy BFG Gummy Drop. From what I read in the threads, there are more updates and content on any devise other than a PC with windows 10, which I play on.
Miss BethAnn

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Oct 18, 17 2:32 PM
Thank you all for kindness as I felt I had ruined a good thing!. Miss BethAnn, no offense taken, didn't read your comments and think they were unkind. I know everyone is having problems with this new update and I can see why. I, for 1, sincerely hope dev's will listen and lighten things back up again, I really enjoy this game. Have spent a little $, but not a lot. Will not spend anymore, don't really know what I will do. Happy gaming to all, to those who delete, hope you find a good replacement. Gaming is all about having fun, that's why we play! Right?

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,489 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 21, 17 9:08 AM
More feedback on recent update:

Re:Welcome to Sir Match-a-Lot forum
[Post New]by crochet12 on Oct 19, 17 4:16 AM

So, the new update - as of October 2017 - has reduced the gold mine coins from 45 to 15. Also, the price of selling fireflies in the shop has been reduced. So Elephant games is getting more and more stingy.
If they get rid of the gold mine all together, I will delete the game.
Thank you

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,489 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 21, 17 9:11 AM
And another one:

[Post New]by Empkai on Oct 20, 17 10:16 AM

I have come to love this game as well. I am in the Deserted Dunes World and I noticed that the output of fireflies and gold mine have been significantly reduced. I find that to be a shame. I would hope that they would reconsider changing that since the levels have been increasingly hard to pass without the gold. Having to buy gold for almost every level up in a world you go to is not really a lucent idea and no one will do that. Please change your mind. I don't want to be another one who leaves the game due to penny pinching. Thank you.

[Post New]by puglette404 on Oct 21, 17 4:23 PM

Edited on 10/22/2017 at 3:00:32 PM PST

[Post New]by puglette404 on Oct 21, 17 4:24 PM

Edited on 10/22/2017 at 3:00:47 PM PST

KayAt2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by KayAt2 on Oct 21, 17 5:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone at being discourage and frustrated with this update. I have also spent WAYYYY too much money on this and WAYYYY to much time wasted (which was a stress reliever)

I started when it was easy to get through three levels, then when doing it again and again, it got harder. Now, as someone who has a lot of experience with it, it is getting difficult to move through the levels and impossible without paying cash.

I'll spend the coins I've bought and then get rid of it. I won't know when they change it back but this forum has been a nice part of it all.

I'll save money not being a BF member too

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Oct 21, 17 6:24 PM
KayAt2, good for you. The way to respond to "unwise" updates is with our feet. If we leave, we are definitely leaving a message as to what we think!!! I think the developers will get the message. If enough people leave, MAYBE they will change back and/or make positive changes. If not, I believe, they will see less and less players and far less income. Good luck in a new game.

frankie1402
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by frankie1402 on Oct 21, 17 10:46 PM
I just noticed for the third time that when I pay 150 coins to get 3 tries of 5 extra chances to finish the game, I only get one set of 3....happened just now again...glitch or what? Anyone else having an issue with this?

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,489 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 22, 17 5:06 AM
And another one:

[Post New]by ethanmarinia on Oct 21, 17 10:31 PM

The changes are designed to make you buy more gold. I am on the verge of deleting the game based on the reduction to 15 gold from the mine and selling fire flies is no longer beneficial. I will wait a few more days to see if the powers that be have a change of heart to keep players happy. The fact that the levels get harder which means more resources are needed should suffice for the profit margin. At the rate this is going Las Vegas will be cheaper.

Vegas! Good one!

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,489 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 22, 17 5:08 AM
sir match a lot
[Post New]by msvic58 on Oct 22, 17 3:19 AM

how many people hate the new down load. I know I do. the new down load messed up everything takes more points and gives less.

A lot, as you will see from the above posts!

Go to: