bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 17, 17 2:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

I definitely understand wanting this game to work, and I'm really sorry that isn't happening.

For those whose games display a black screen, please check the computer's video card driver to see if it's up to date. This driver directs the computer graphics, so installing a newer version has helped fix similar problems in the past. I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode to give it more permissions. The help pages I've included below contain those instructions.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If you've received error code 5, please take a look at the following help page to see how to adjust the Big Fish Games app's network settings to the game can be downloaded with the Alternative Method.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should these suggestions not help, or if your inquiry hasn't been addressed, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be glad to provide another solution.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Oct 19, 17 5:24 PM
Hi all, happy early Halloween

A few things didn't go too well with this game, playing on Win7. The cursor was mushy and floaty and didn't react instantly, so that got tedious. Don't know if this is a "technical" issue: the top text bar (which I had turned off but got anyway) that is the purplish fog was really large and usually covered any "X" that was on a pop up screen or something to have to exit from. I had asked for only the "special" features of the game in the tutorial and didn't get any, at all, so suddenly found that a random thing I clicked on was a fragment, morphing object or a doll you're to collect. I locked up twice getting black screens but exited, went back in, and it was OK. Many times I had to click an item in inventory to get it to stick to where I was dragging it. Had sparkles turned off but got those, too.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 19, 17 5:35 PM
Hello JadedBlonde,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us. It does sounds like this game has experienced some technical errors, so you've come to the right thread.

Since the customer cursor doesn't sound optimal, I'd recommend turning it off. This can often be done in the game's Options menu, which is usually listed on the game's home screen. Turning off the customer cursor generally resolves troubles with the mouse.

It also sounds like the game experienced some display errors with the fog, so please try updating the computer's video card driver. I'd also suggest running the game with administrator permissions. The help articles below will explain how to do that.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If the troubles persist, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the moderators if any questions remain. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Mookieloo6 on Oct 20, 17 12:12 PM
I'm using Windows 10. When it gets to 95% while installing, I get the "installation failed" message. I've done everything recommended and I still can't get it to install. What am I missing?

[Post New]by drengirl on Oct 20, 17 12:51 PM
Hi,

I've run into the same problem as others. I get to the room where the kid dies and can't do anything else. My mouse works, I can back out and go to other rooms. I press Hint and nothing happens. I've changed the privliges to Administrator and XP service pack 3, I've download the latest DirectX. When I press play on game manger it looks like its trying to open but nothing happens.

Hopefully there is fix coming or I'd like my two game credits back that I used to buy the game. It's a shame because I was liking the game.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 20, 17 1:39 PM
Hello Mookieloo6,

I'm really sorry this game won't download properly and I really want to ensure this is fixed. Let's take a look at the issue.

When a game doesn't download properly, I recommend adjusting the network settings in the Big Fish Games app (the application that manages all of your games). Then, try downloading the game again using the Alternative Method. These steps are outlined in the help page below; the help page also contains other troubleshooting suggestions.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the instructions in the help page don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report. This will help the Support Team figure out what's going on.

Thank you for your patience with the game. Please feel free to PM me or another moderator if further questions arise. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Oct 20, 17 6:44 PM
This game froze on me just as I was about the enter the secret room to access the other world. Had to CAD to exit the game. Only other issue (so far) was when I hovered over the watch in the inventory, every time I did that my entire inventory bar shimmied. As soon as I got the watch parts and used it the problem stopped so I guess it was just that one item.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Oct 22, 17 11:31 AM
kittiekat10 wrote:I reached the room where Joe is in the chair with the book, read the book and did the HOS. Then poof my screen locked up. Can't use the witch charm. I can go anywhere, use the map, and the hint. But can't continue. Really bummed. I don't want to have to start over!
Same thing just happened to me and my computer is only two months old..I haven't had to re-start a game in a long time..

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 23, 17 8:18 AM
I'm waiting for a response from BF. It's very disappointing not to be able to play the game. Also I replayed with another profile and the same screen freeze . The hint and map didn't worked for me, but I could leave the hall and go to the other rooms in the house.

Looking forward for a fix,
M.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Oct 25, 17 2:19 PM
I'm stuck on one of the plus items in my inventory. I'm supposed to position a skeleton on a coffin but some of the "limbs" / "joints" won't move.

This doesn't bode well as I'm not as far into the game as many in this thread (apart from those who cannot even get the game downloaded) so I'm really not looking forward to moving on!

At what point will a fix be released?

Mmnrn79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mmnrn79 on Oct 28, 17 9:10 PM
I'm more than a little disappointed, it's been more than 2 weeks since we have all reported our troubles with this game. I wish I had more than 2 weeks to correct a wrong at work, wouldn't life be easier. What is more upsetting is this faulty game continues to be heavily advertised by big fish. perhaps we should advertise games that are not currently waiting to be fixed. This is becoming more frequent and the makers just seem to not care about paying customers, taking large amounts of time to fix reported problems.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 29, 17 10:17 AM
Win 7, 64 bit, I have gotten two access violations during the game. One in the main game, one in the bonus game. Can't remember what it was.

As for getting a fix for this game........ they got our money and that's that.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Oct 31, 17 6:17 AM
I was enjoying the game until I covered Joe with the sheet. As others have mentioned the screen froze so I central alt and delete. When I went back I could not interact with anything. I am so disappointed with Elephant games and Big Fish. People have been complaining about this and nothing has been done. I tried all the suggestions and nothing worked so maybe it is not everyone else and a problem that needs to be fixed.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Nov 8, 17 2:27 AM
foxlyn wrote:I am at the portal and there is one tile on the cryptex that won't move. I've backed out of the game and tried again but it is stuck in that position. The cryptex has a picture of a castle near a mountain and part of the mountain that should be on the side is stuck in the middle. I am using Windows 10. Appreciate any help because I really enjoy this game. Thank you.

I am having the same trouble as Foxlyn, I can't get one tile in the middle of the cryptex to move and can go no further. I am using Windows Vista.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dissie on Nov 8, 17 7:33 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.
bomus contebt wont play .

[Post New]by aunt_stacy on Nov 15, 17 8:37 PM
The game downloaded just fine for me and I had no problems with game play the first time I opened the game, which was for maybe 30 minutes to an hour, but I installed the latest updates on my computer yesterday and now I can't open the game at all. It keeps giving me a message that says error: access violation. I am running on windows 10.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Nov 17, 17 7:50 AM
No tech issues! Windows XP.

Go to: