NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Escape the Lost Kingdom

[Post New]by NouniSmile on May 7, 10 8:00 PM
No buy for me .
Beside it is a short game, I found it somewhat boring.

Nouni

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on May 7, 10 11:54 PM
A lot of fun and I enjoyed the 3D. Rather short but I thought well done and quite enjoyable!

Can't wait for the next installment.

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on May 8, 10 12:37 AM
Haven't tried the demo YET but out of curiosity, WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU GO TO PURCHASE 3-D GLASSES?????? Am I just supposed to steel them from the next 3-D movie I see???
Sorry everyone I just back tracked and read how many other people were asking the same question. I'll check the video stores
PS: I'm also a moron for spelling steal like STEEL.

Edited on 05/08/2010 at 12:45:27 AM PST

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on May 8, 10 6:16 AM
Fun game. Quite easy. I really enjoyed it. The ending has me baffled though. I still have an amulet and nothing was said aout the pictures in the painting. Glad I used a coupon for this. If there is a sequel - it needs to be longer.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on May 8, 10 6:55 AM
I completed it in under an hour and a half, with items left over. I used the Mother's Day discount but I'm still annoyed. Perhaps an average playing time could be included with the game information.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 8, 10 8:14 AM
You can purchase glasses at amazon or target or probably wally world. I got mine at amazon because they have choices between clip ons (if you wear regular glasses) and also different color combinations. This game calls for red/cyan but I also needed red/green for some other games I have. Three pair cost $12.00.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 8, 10 8:20 AM
I enjoyed the 3-D effects of the game and appreciated the fun of that. Switching between the characters was also a different twist. The game wasn't long, but the story just didn't flow for me. It felt a little disjointed--not because of the switching, maybe because of the non-sharing of inventory and all the little things you had to collect between characters (red feathers, green feathers, etc.)

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 8, 10 8:29 AM
akaratcat wrote:I remember playing this game before......I know this game was out before, the only difference is they added 3D...........what gives

Perhaps you did the beta for it or it is just similar to another game you've played. I did the beta and do not remember any game being like it before except for the general theme. There was another game awhile back that allowed you to play as different characters throughout the story, but it was very different from this one.

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on May 8, 10 11:00 AM
Wonderfull no problems, the story line good the whole affair was brilliant. Loved it so much from the beginning that I had to purchase the game, not necessary to have 3d glasses it was just as good without

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 8, 10 12:05 PM
WOW...I think this game had some flashes of brilliance, I enjoyed every minute of it, and thought the glyph vision and time amulet, was very unique and different.
I felt like I was right there, and for me, that is when I know the developers of the game have done their job, in making a GREAT game :-)
LOVED the graphics, totally enjoyed the story and using gadgets, always makes for an added bonus, in the gameplay.
I found no bugs or glitches, of any kind, played perfect, from start to finish, and I must have picked the right order, in which to play each person, because it worked out perfectly, which gave the game a very nice flow.
I didn't have any 3D glasses on hand, so I will re-play the game, once I get a pair, looking forward to that, I love visual effects and go to every 3D movie, thats made!
I don't think, not having the glasses, took anything away from the game, for those of you wondering, it still ROCKED my world...LOL!!
And for me personally, my biggest pet peeve, is short games, at $5.18, I felt I got my moneys worth and than some, I have seen other games no where near the quality of this one, and much shorter, so I am completely satisfied with this purchase.
There were times in the game where I felt like this.. ..love this game, it was just a blast to play, kept me excited, so great work to all those involved, in the making of this game.
Keep up the good work, and I look forward to the next one in this series, and will be purchasing it.
Well onto the next adventure , next adventure is Love Chronicles ...be still my heart!!

rubyretro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rubyretro on May 8, 10 1:38 PM
I really am enjoying this game.A little different & fun! Not too long like some that drag on for days with countless re-tires[ chess anyone LOL ]. All told 5 positive fishies
from me.ENJOY!!!

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on May 9, 10 6:48 AM
I liked the game enough to buy it, including the Strategy guide, dumb on me since you now have a walk thru. That does not make me happy.

Evidently I missed some vital clues and am stuck in one chapter with no way to fix it, which means I will get to start again, sigh.

Those were the only 2 "issues" I had with this game. I like it, the graphics are great, I can actually SEE the items which is a nice change from some of the recent **** games that have been offered. If I can't see it, I'm not buying.

doc

jazeribe
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by jazeribe on May 9, 10 9:12 AM
I should have tried the demo first. Bought the game enjoyed it but felt it was way to short and finished poorly. Wish now I had bought another game instead. I have finished this one in record time. Really disappointed.

Edited on 05/09/2010 at 9:14:03 AM PST

[Post New]by mum_of_4 on May 9, 10 9:18 AM
wouldve liked game if it let me play it completely without missing out on vital items to complete the game and i mean im right at end and i cant find 3rd stone to finish it off,
i have even done the game 3 times now and last time i followed the walkthru and it dont even tell how to get last piece... if it did i might recommend it but while i cant i find it a waste of my money

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on May 9, 10 10:17 AM
Hi everybody!
I just finished Escape the Lost Kingdom and overall I enjoyed it. Though it was
short. The story was interesting. And you can have your choice of which character you play. There are very few hidden object puzzles which I missed. So I would call it an adventure game with a few hidden objects thrown in. Still I was drawn back to it again and again till I finished. Good graphics. although some of the objects in no way looked like what they were supposed to be. I also had the same experience someone else complained about, of not being able to use Skip in the pipe puzzle.
But my vote is that its worth the money.

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on May 9, 10 10:29 AM
mum_of_4 wrote:wouldve liked game if it let me play it completely without missing out on vital items to complete the game and i mean im right at end and i cant find 3rd stone to finish it off,
i have even done the game 3 times now and last time i followed the walkthru and it dont even tell how to get last piece... if it did i might recommend it but while i cant i find it a waste of my money

Go back to the Burial Chamber, put the torn painting together, the third stone and Amulet of Time appear when the painting is restored.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 9, 10 1:46 PM
Gentlsong wrote: There was another game awhile back that allowed you to play as different characters throughout the story, but it was very different from this one.

the dark hills of cherai.... that was a fairly decent game... had four paths to follow with different characters and a spot to meet up and exchange goodies... check it out!

Edited on 05/09/2010 at 1:48:06 PM PST

[Post New]by shyladyh on May 9, 10 6:29 PM
I quite enjoyed the 60 minute trial and with the Mother's Day discount bought the full version. What a disappointment! I finished the game in maybe 45 more minutes. I guess I should have looked at the map and I would have seen there really wasn't much left. It was much, much too short.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 9, 10 8:37 PM
Well I wouldn't mind if it is short so I'm not adding one more icon on my desktop of unfinished games. Would be nice to finish something in one sitting. Not sure if this is it, looks good, seems fun, but just spent the hour in tutorial trying to figure out how it works. Found a crowbar easy enough but when I needed it it was greyed out of tools, lot of backtracking, then it wasn't in the hog where I had found it. Back to scene and it was available again. Maybe the game switched characters on me, I didn't.

Lots to try to remember as to who does what or what does what. So for ditzes like me it sure isn't an hour or two game. Just trying to decide to get it with the MDay discount instead of trying again later but used up my demo time. I'm forever buying games after the demo then not getting back to them with another new download I can't wait on like DDs. Then starting over cuz I can't remember what I did.

So, can't really judge the game til I buy and get further along. One big plus is the graphics, easy to see, 3d would be interesting but no glasses in my gamekit, looks fine and colorful, clear on 15.6 widescreen laptop without them. No glitches so far.

Good thing there's a walkthrough so if I can't get through it I won't feel I wasted my money, and always help here too. Oh decisions....why yet another Egyptian theme?? I absolutely hated Escape the Museum, maybe this makes up for that train wreck. At least I can see things if I'm not lost in circles without a paddle or crowbar.

Thanks for all the comments, especial the "too short too easy" ones. Those usually push my Buy Now button.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on May 10, 10 1:35 PM
A great game for people new to HOGs and puzzle games. Nothing new for the more experienced players. The game tells you what you need to know: it indicates where to look for objects and then tells you where to use them. This game does not require much independent thought.

The game moves along quickly and does not last very long. It took me maybe 2 1/2 hrs to play, and I'm a good but not a great player. I enjoyed what was there but wish there had been more.

If I had known the game wa so short, I would not have purchased it. As I said, the game is easy and there just isn't that much content there for the money.

The graphics are great. I especially appreciated the two additional points of view: the boy's glyph reader and the girl's ability to see the environment as it had been centuries earlier. I wish I had 3-D glasses -- I bet the pictures are great.

Slight problem at the end. It's as though the game designers got tired and just didn't want to do any more. What was the purpose of the star of life? And why was the girl represented in the picture dressed in ancient Egyptian garb? Is there to be a sequel?

Go to: