gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Royal Envoy

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 18, 10 9:57 PM
I loved My Kingdom for the Princess, and after looking around for something to play next, I ended up with this game .

I haven't found much else similar actually... Build-a-Lots didn't really do it for me... Nor did Be a King. So I'm very glad for this game.

Update: I just played the Wonderburg demo, and it seems pretty similar to Royal Envoy. Since I've already bought this game, Wonderburg might even seem redundant?

Edited on 07/23/2010 at 9:30:19 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 22, 10 5:26 AM
I'm up to about level 54 now, playing till getting the expert star for each. I really sorta wish that the expert rating was just about getting the right technique or combination of buildings to expedite things, without also having to *race* thru it, such that you miss it by just seconds numerous times before getting it - It's sort of boring (and frustrating) re-playing using the same strategy but trying to do it faster.

The clown level sort of shows the possibilities the game has, but didn't make much use of - at least as far as I am with it. Most levels, it's the same buildings over and over - not much new.

One thing I do like are the trophies - they're the nicest ones I recall getting in a game - they're even tastefully animated. It's one reason I'm set on getting expert on all the levels - I don't want to miss seeing any of them lol.

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 5:28:17 AM PST

Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Yetses on Aug 3, 10 5:21 PM
Love this game. It is a bit like my kingdom for the princess - you have to build houses within a cettain period of time. As far as Time management, this is as good as it gets.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 7, 10 9:47 AM
I bought this game on another site and I love it! I never liked these type of games before, but the animations and interaction is great!

The gameplay is a bit hard and fast trying to get a trophy and beat the timer, but I'm glad you can still play through without beating the timer. You just miss out on the trophy. But you can always try again if you want.

I just enjoy playing the game, using my wits, coordinating building efforts, and then watching all the little people running around. It's a really fun and interesting game.

Good job to the developers!

Next time - make the timer run longer for those of us who aren't as quick anymore

[Post New]by brainybetty2009 on Aug 11, 10 9:31 AM
This is the BEST game out of the 40+ games I have purchased from BFG. I play it over and over. Over 90 levels of gorgeous graphics and good fun!

Edited on 08/11/2010 at 9:31:43 AM PST

[Post New]by perennially on Aug 13, 10 3:16 AM
This is such a beautifully crafted game with amazing detail. You can interact with things even on the opening screen. It's addictive, rewarding, frustrating and challenging! I'm just upgrading to the Collector's Edition for the first time ever because of the bonus levels and can't wait to continue.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 20, 10 4:30 AM
I agree this is a beautifully crafted game, great graphics along with great gameplay.

I also agree they should add just a wee bit more time because it IS frustrating to have to replay over and over when you're within seconds. I know it's a time management game, but just a bit more time would make it more enjoyable for people, if they could actually get through without playing a dozen times on one level.

I am on the Expert mode now and got all gold stars in regular mode only by using the Walkthrough numerous times on harder levels. I try and figure out how to do it on my own first.

On the Exert mode, you'll find some different graphics and things to do, which makes going through it again enjoyable because you don't know what you'll find.

I just LOVE this game and my wrist is getting very sore from playing it so much! The little characters are fun to watch and created with real personality. It's worth buying because you'll get hours and days and months of play.

Please, developers - work on a second one but don't skimp on your great quality and graphics!!

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Aug 21, 10 4:05 PM
Great, beautiful addictive game. of all big fish games I played this is by far the best!

nobodyz
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by nobodyz on Aug 21, 10 10:03 PM
ebajane wrote:I LOVE this game! Entertaining from beginning to end, including the 30 extra levels, and the level of difficulty was perfect for me. My only problem is that I want MORE now! Any idea when Royal Envoy 2 will be out?

For those who liked this game, what other games are in a similar genre? I have played through all the Build-a-lots. Any others?

All of the following are Games:

World of Zellians
Gemini Lost
My Kingdom for the Princess
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Oddyssey
LifeQuest
Forgotten Lands: First Colony
Happyville: Quest for Utopia

All of these have good graphics, engaging game play, building-not-destroying and strategy in common. But most of all, I suggest these because they are my favorites (including the BuildALots)!

Kestraka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Kestraka on Sep 23, 10 4:16 PM
Lots of fun, really cute, excellent building game!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Sep 30, 10 2:41 AM
I downloaded the demo of this & played it for the entire hour straight then IMMEDIATELY purchased the full version. I had been looking for a game for my Mac like Forgotten Lands First Colony for a LONG time (I played that one til my fingers fell off), which by the way I find gives me a great gaming experience.
I guess the combination between a nice storyline, interesting characters, great graphics and the fact that I love time management & adventure games and also am a big fan of all of the Build a Lot games, made this perfect for me.
In all my reviews (like there's some guy running around reading them) I always mention how replayability is a biggy for me in whether or not I choose to buy a full version of a game. I think this is something I can really replay over & over again. And my kids would probably like it too, if I were to ever let them touch my laptop lol.
So anyway, I thoroughly enjoy this game & do recommend it!
BUT.....I wish I had noticed that there was a collector's edition!!
A side note - if I back up all of my BigFish purchases to disc or buy them on disc from BFG, they can be installed as many times as I need? Because I've been having bad luck with computers the past couple of years (dropping them, etc.).

[Post New]by Puffinpower on Oct 2, 10 8:52 PM
What a fun, delightful little game! Sometimes I have to avoid Time Management games because I get too stressed out when I can't get past a level, especially on the ones where it becomes simply a matter of "how fast can you click the mouse?" There is absolutely none of that here. Part of what makes this game so great is that while there is a "timed" element to it, even if you run out of time, you can still finish the level and move on. There's no getting stuck and unable to proceed further into the game (which always happens to me in the "Diner Dash" type TM games). Fun, fun, fun! Worth every penny!

[Post New]by SharonKay42 on Dec 13, 10 12:38 PM
I absolutely love this game! I've beaten the game twice and still enjoy playing it just to play it. I may spend the extra on the CE someday but I'm just enjoying this one for now.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Dec 30, 10 8:07 PM
What a nice end of year surprise that this game is on sale!! Happy New Year everyone!!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 14, 11 3:47 PM
I just completed (thanks to the walkthrough) the "regular" game with all gold stars so I got the bonus levels I have made it to the 3rd Island (by the way folks there are ALOT more games in the bonus after you complete the "regular" games) However, after all that practice, I still need a nudge or two for the Bonus Levels. Anyone know of a place I can find one? I know BFG didn't even offer the walkthrough, but it was found thanks to google and "another game site" (No I won't diss BFG they are great!) BUT I do need help! Anyone?? or do I need to be more specific?

[Post New]by Pauluskam on Jan 16, 11 3:37 PM
I just finished this game, and I enjoied a lot. The graphs are superb, and the possibility to complete each level , even after the standard time , is very nice.
At the end I have improved some of my results in order to get the bonus star and some missing trophies. Now I download the screen saver, But I´m a little afraid to execute it, due antivirus alert against this kind of files.
Have anyone already do that without problems?

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Jan 19, 11 3:15 PM
Haven't played many of this type. Had some fun and lost some hair. Would have been a nice touch to have some spirits to interact with on the Island of Forest Spirits!

DeesjeDee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by DeesjeDee on Jan 20, 11 3:10 AM
Absolutely love this game! I played several of the "best of 2010" game demos and this one I purchased when my hour was up.

Nice and colourful graphics, the music fits the game and doesn't get annoying. The difficulty level is just right, with some levels a bit easier and some a bit tougher. I like the puzzle element of planning your town in order to reach the goals on time. It's also good value for money when it comes to the hours of game time, you won't be able to finish this one in an hour or two.

It's still on sale until January 31st!

[Post New]by LaraGts on Jan 23, 11 5:23 AM
i love this game, bought it after the trial

12angels
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 12angels on Jan 23, 11 9:27 PM
I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really really hope to see a second one come out. I spent DAYS beating this game and then played agian!
So Please keep this series going!!!!

Go to: