Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 here.

[Post New]by PompeyGirl1 on Nov 3, 17 6:00 AM
Also having the issue with being unable to complete building the road on level 13. (Windows 7, yup, I have an ancient PC! )
However, you appear to be able to get round it by clearing all obstacles from the road before you start building it. If you build and clear as you go then that seems to be when the 'dots' for building it stop appearing once you reach the boulder that needs blowing up.

sueblew
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sueblew on Nov 3, 17 10:54 AM
I keep getting kicked off and usually as I get to the end of the game.

[Post New]by km_in_alabama on Nov 3, 17 11:39 AM
I didn't have any problems until Level 12. The little guy in the boat that supposed to gather the crystals just flails around and can't get them.

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 3, 17 11:50 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm incredibly sorry that this game keeps crashing. I really want to help fix this, so I'll recommend some troubleshooting steps that have helped players in the past.

When a game crashes, updating the computer's video card driver can be useful. This driver is responsible for directing the computer's graphics, and when it's not working properly, the impact can be significant. The following help article contains instructions for that process:

Run Game as Administrator

Please also try running the game in Administrator Mode. This increases the games permissions and can be a really helpful step to take. The help page below will walk you through that process.

Should these steps not fix the game, or should they not address your inquiry, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide a new solution. The other moderators and I are also reachable by PM, so please let us know if we can answer any questions.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

bfgBeruna

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,349 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 3, 17 11:58 AM
themaestro023 wrote:Keep being kicked out of game just like everyone else on here. Am running Win 7 Ultimate. I've been to many forums today to find a solution thinking it was my equipment only to find it was your game with a fault. I nearly reinstalled my OS but fortunately saw this discussion first.

I've tried playing the game with explorer turned off, also turned off Aero 3D and still this game crashes. I've finally made it to the very last bonus level but have been kicked out 3 times and am not touching it anymore until a fix is found. Don't try telling us it is our equipment as if you look at the many posts in your 'tech issues' area, I am not the only one. It has to be a fault with the game. Hire better devs next time!!

If it 'has to be a fault with the game', how come I can play it with no crashes, freezing or any other issues. I use Win7 Prof and there's nothing wrong with my game. And 'hire better devs' isn't a very nice comment; this developer has released hundreds of games and is one of the best for this particular genre.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Nov 3, 17 12:38 PM
I'm running Win10. My game shut down itself after I finished level 10. It shut down again right when I was at the end of level 12. I mean, the fireworks and everything. Had to replay the level. Next day, I played level 13 with no problems, but stepped away from my computer for 4 minutes. I came back to see the game was shut down again. Rebooted it and level 13 was completely wiped out.

I'm on level 31 now with no problems except that caches found from level 20 - 27 aren't all being regisitered. Even when I've played through 2 or 3 more times, finding all the caches, it still says I'm one short.

themaestro023
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by themaestro023 on Nov 3, 17 5:22 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm incredibly sorry that this game keeps crashing. I really want to help fix this, so I'll recommend some troubleshooting steps that have helped players in the past.

When a game crashes, updating the computer's video card driver can be useful. This driver is responsible for directing the computer's graphics, and when it's not working properly, the impact can be significant. The following help article contains instructions for that process:

Please also try running the game in Administrator Mode. This increases the games permissions and can be a really helpful step to take. The help page below will walk you through that process.

Should these steps not fix the game, or should they not address your inquiry, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide a new solution. The other moderators and I are also reachable by PM, so please let us know if we can answer any questions.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

bfgBeruna

This does not help!! Can't you see how many people are having problems, [Removed by Moderator]

The devs are not the problem either because if you download this game from anywhere other than BFG it plays with no problems whatsoever.

Give me my money back, cancel my membership and I'll buy elsewhere.

Edited on 11/03/2017 at 5:48:30 PM PST

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 3, 17 5:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

The Moderation Team the time and effort people have taken to let us know there are technical issues with this game. We've passed this information along, but since we're not made aware of if or when game updates will be released, we're unable to provide definitive answers about that.

I can appreciate how dismaying it would be to purchase a game and be unable to play it, and I am really sorry this title keeps crashing. The Moderation Team are aware that many players have been affected by these glitches, and if the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps haven't worked, we encourage you to contact our Technical Support Team. They're equipped with the tools to replace the game and handle transactions like canceling a Big Fish Game Club membership.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Before swimming off, I'd like to briefly remind everyone of the Forum Rules, especially:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

The Forum Moderation Team strives to respect the time and passion players invest in our games, and we request the same in return. This helps foster a safe, welcoming community for everyone who visits the forums. Thank you for your help with this, and please PM me or another moderator if further questions arise.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 11/03/2017 at 5:47:52 PM PST

swankme
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by swankme on Nov 3, 17 6:08 PM
Hi everyone I know all of the frustration, crashes, and freezes are real I asked for a refund after doing all the troubleshooting possible and was granted a game credit right away. Not sure if they will get this fixed or not but I know I can no longer play. Although it may not be happening on all computers it is still a problem for many of us and there seems to be no fixing it. It's frustrating when they say it must be this or that wrong with your computer. But when all else fails ask for a refund BigFish is always understanding and wants to keep their customers happy.

slp74
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by slp74 on Nov 3, 17 10:27 PM
i have not only had to uninstall & re-stall this games 4 times to it get to work but very second level it close down & I have to start the game again & pls don't tell to go to your help desk because there is obverse a problem with game, the question is with this many people posting they are having problems with it - when is it going to be fix - its problems like this and the waste time & points that make not only want completely uninstall big fish from all the computer in the house but not pass it on to anyone else

[Post New]by misslorry on Nov 4, 17 3:47 AM
Apparently, there are quite a few bugs to still be worked out. Running Windows 10, and after fighting with keeping level 10 up and running, now the game shuts down every time I try to enter level 14. Getting exceedingly frustrating!

[Post New]by aqrswitch on Nov 4, 17 3:51 PM
Win 10 : - OK, I have done everything! Running as Admin; tried every compatibility mode; all updates OK - - - I managed to get through to Level 16 after being thrown out of various levels only to be unable to even load Level 17! Also, I prefer to play my TM/Strategy games in Window mode but I have to play this in full screen to even get it to load! I love this series; I have them all and this is seriously buggy! I also have a lot of your other game series and this the only one that bites!

Edited on 11/04/2017 at 3:54:04 PM PST

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 4, 17 4:00 PM
Hello Everybody,

I'm swimming by quickly to check in with everyone about the bugs this game has been experience. If the aforementioned troubleshooting suggestions don't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to issue a replacement code for the game. Thank you for your patience, and please feel free to PM me or another moderator if further questions arise.

bfgBeruna

themaestro023
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by themaestro023 on Nov 4, 17 8:50 PM
Hi All,

Sorry if I upset anybody, won't happen again.

Update: It's not just a problem with this game on BFG. Other forums are reporting the same issues from wherever you download it. Those who can play without issue, think yourselves lucky. It's not a problem specific to an OS or machine.

Let's hope they find a solution soon, it's a good game.

Edited on 11/04/2017 at 8:59:34 PM PST

[Post New]by snirpy on Nov 4, 17 9:40 PM
I had no issues with the demo but after purchasing and activating, I've been kicked out 3 times. First time was when I tried to open the game after activation, 2nd time during Level 12 and now during Level 13. Windows 7 and everything is updated.

Going to bed but I hope this is working better tomorrow.

SnappyPeas
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by SnappyPeas on Nov 4, 17 9:56 PM
Keep getting kicked out of the game. Game suddenly quits. Sometimes the characters row to an island only to stay in the boat and jam up the game.

[Post New]by GameStudent on Nov 5, 17 3:09 AM
Me too. Such a shame because I love these games. After several crashes and watching the little guy in the boat get stuck in a loop, I've given up. Hopefully, a fixed version will be released soon.

[Post New]by NewGameAddict on Nov 5, 17 7:41 AM
I am having the freezing, jittery play and getting kicked out also. I have been a customer for many years and purchased many games, and only recently I notice quality problems with some games. (the latest Gnomes Garden game is also poor quality and I didn't purchase it like the other GG games.) As your customer, we should not have to do all the troubleshooting (which I don't understand all the technical stuff I am supposed to do) when it is NOT our systems or computers that are the problem; It is the Game has Technical Glitches that you should take care of and have us reinstall the game when these problems have been corrected. I did purchase RofR2 and like the new game features but playing it has been disappointing.

cowclaudia
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cowclaudia on Nov 5, 17 8:13 AM
I'm like other users - at times call up the game and get kicked out. Then like others on level 13 I'm halfway thru the level and get kicked out. So what is BFG doing about this. Are they notifying the developer of the issues since there seem's to be quite a few.

bfgArinelle
264 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 9:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear there have been troubles with the game crashing or trouble progressing through particular levels. Please be reassured that these reports have been passed along, although our Forum Moderation Team has no information of if or when an update may be released for this game. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused.

If the troubleshooting steps previously provided (running the game as an Administrator and updating video card drivers) have not resolved the issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. They will be able to assist from there with a replacement game, if that would be helpful in any way. You're also welcome to reach out to me or one of our other Moderators by PM with additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: