aztricia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Treasures of Mystery Island forum

[Post New]by aztricia on Oct 27, 08 8:29 PM
Whew!!! Took me 5 1/2 hours to finish this...hopefully next time around will be better!! Thanks for all the helpful hints that were posted on this site! back to treasure hunting!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 10:30 PM
LJ_04 wrote:Thank you prpldva, your advice worked.... How about the Beast area, I need to block the passage to get the last bit of weight, then I presume I can find the last part of the painting, but have no idea how to block the beast... Any suggestions will be appreciated....

You're very welcome LJ- Glad you were able to work it out!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 10:32 PM
cirasmallfish wrote:PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE TOTEM POLES. DO THE LITTLE LOGS ON THE SIDE HOLD MORE THAN ONE PIECE ? SO WE RE ARRANGE IT BY COLOR??? ALSO, WHAT GOES IN THE TREASURE CHEST AND THAT HANGING HOOK THINGY, IN THE CAVE?
I AM SO STUCK
CIRA

Yes- the totem poles are arranged by color
The goblet goes in the chest and the big gem in the hook-

[Post New]by workerbee12345 on Oct 28, 08 2:32 AM
How do I burn a hole through the haystack? I am using the magnifying glass, but it just keeps smoking and doesn't burn through. What am I doing wrong?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 28, 08 5:17 AM
workerbee12345 wrote:How do I burn a hole through the haystack? I am using the magnifying glass, but it just keeps smoking and doesn't burn through. What am I doing wrong?

that one's a pain in the tuckus- you have to keep at it. It took me a few tries. Just keep clicking, trying to keep it where you see the most smoke. It will eventually catch fire

[Post New]by kls2716 on Oct 28, 08 6:47 AM
I am in the first steps of this game at the pyramid with a rock and a bag. Native man says weather isn't right. I go back to the phone with the cog wheels turning and I can't put either object there to move forward on this game.

HELP!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 28, 08 6:52 AM
kls2716 wrote:I am in the first steps of this game at the pyramid with a rock and a bag. Native man says weather isn't right. I go back to the phone with the cog wheels turning and I can't put either object there to move forward on this game.

HELP!

Hi KLS- welcome to the forums!

The rock with the swirl on it goes to the left of the cauldron, inbetween the other two stones. Then you can add the bag to the cauldron and the Native will give you the phone dial.

I hope this helps!

amen123
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by amen123 on Oct 28, 08 7:30 AM
Hi prpldva! I see that you are a BIG FISH in the forums. Play ALOT of the games and have been for the last few months. Real Estate is dead for me!! Anyway, love your comments and wonder how in the world you remember the details that you do about EACH game. Hats off to your memory and your consistency with the help that you give! I'm really now starting to enjoy the forums as that is new to me. Have looked for the "grannies" thread and can't re-find them (duh) and would like for them to know about the hints (that's an oxymoron). Treasures...Island was a GREAT game and would hate for them to not enjoy it. You probably know EXACTLY where their thread is. Thanks for welcoming me!!

[Post New]by MMouse1 on Oct 28, 08 10:04 AM
PreGab12 wrote:
Catrin72 wrote:The post it notes around the screen.
I was misdirected by the 'clean' keys.
There are no duplicate numbers in the password.
Have fun!

Thanks a lot - But I must be too stupid. I can not break the riddle.
Please give me more hint ? :-))

[Post New]by MMouse1 on Oct 28, 08 10:07 AM
PreGab12 wrote:
Catrin72 wrote:The post it notes around the screen.
I was misdirected by the 'clean' keys.
There are no duplicate numbers in the password.
Have fun!

Thanks a lot - But I must be too stupid. I can not break the riddle.
Please give me more hint ? :-))
starts with the number 25

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Oct 28, 08 11:08 AM
Soooooooooooooooooooooo upset Have just finished the game. I loved it so much and wanted it to go on and on. More like this please BF.

Hope everyone enjoyed it just as much as I did.

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Oct 28, 08 11:36 AM
HI THANKS prpldva BUT THAT DOESN'T WORK YOU CAN'T PLACE THE PAPER OVER ANYTHING BUT THE NUMBERS. HAS ANYONE COMPLETED THE CODE FOR THE SAFE AND CRACKED IT? THANK YOU!!

[Post New]by tlcorganist on Oct 28, 08 12:48 PM
I made it to the stone tower and am stuck there. I have tried and tried to align the pieces of the stone tower but I cannot get them to line up and give me the last piece of the weight. HELP!!!!! I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome. Granny Gamers must stick together :-). Thanks for any help.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 28, 08 1:00 PM
Krissy41 wrote:HI THANKS prpldva BUT THAT DOESN'T WORK YOU CAN'T PLACE THE PAPER OVER ANYTHING BUT THE NUMBERS. HAS ANYONE COMPLETED THE CODE FOR THE SAFE AND CRACKED IT? THANK YOU!!
I think you may have misunderstood- the papers cannot be covering any numbers. The numbers can poke through the holes and notches.

bardiva67
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bardiva67 on Oct 28, 08 1:25 PM
FINALLY got the pole thing figured out, where does the ball looking thing with the handle go? im assuming it has to go on the deck, to give me the past piece of the picture frame, but nothing is working?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 28, 08 1:54 PM
bardiva67 wrote:FINALLY got the pole thing figured out, where does the ball looking thing with the handle go? im assuming it has to go on the deck, to give me the past piece of the picture frame, but nothing is working?

Hang it on the pole sticking out- upper left on the deck. The look to the left for the last piece of the painting.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 28, 08 3:47 PM
Krissy41 wrote:HI prpldva OK I FIGURED THAT OUT. I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHICH NUMBERS ARE FOR THE CODE. I HAVE TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERY COMBINATION I COULD THINK OF. ALSO WHAT IS THE GREEN DRY CLOTH USED ON? IT IS THE ONLY ITEM I HAVE LEFT THAT I CAN USE BEFORE I FIND THE STOP WATCH AND THE RED CAST IRON WHEEL. I ALSO CAN'T LIGHT THE OTHER CANDLE HANGING FROM THE CEILING. HELP PLEASE THANK YOU...

Ok- when you are looking at the area where the papers are- on each of them, one of the cutouts is lightly colored. The numbers that are in the colored areas are the ones you need for the combination. match the number in the green on the right to and change the dial on the left.

Put the bucket under the water on the deck and turn it on- then get the cloth wet. then clean the windows.

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Oct 28, 08 3:54 PM
OOOOHHHH OK THANK YOU SO MUCH I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP...

jim14bl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by jim14bl on Oct 28, 08 4:04 PM
Dori15 wrote:Game seems to be challenging based on several posts here. I was just wondering if those of you who are playing it think it's worth the purchase. I usually don't purchase games unless they have a demo game. Thanks for your advice...

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Oct 28, 08 4:11 PM
Ok prpldva I just tried the numbers in the yellow box and they didn't work do you mean just those numbers? There are 5 # and it is asking for only 4 on the combination. I'm sorry I'm just not getting it. I haven't had a problem with the game until now. Is it one number from each box or a total of all numbers from one box since there are 5 in one? The box shades are purple, yellow, green and mauve. Thank you...

Go to: