Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lmjack on Nov 29, 17 7:03 AM
i am running windows 10 on a lenovo with intel and purchased redemption cemetery embodiment of evil and redemption cemetery one foot in the grave, haunted hotel,and fear for sale the curse of whitefall. all the games loads and plays except for redemption cemetery. I have tried several times to open the game on my computer, but continue to get an access violation code. this code only appears with the redemption cemetery games all other games load and plays terrific.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bajacalla on Nov 29, 17 9:45 AM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello GreyGhost,

I'm sorry that turning off the customer cursor impacts the ability to see the magnifying glass clue. I definitely understand wanting the issue to be fixed, so I'll absolutely pass this information along so the matter can be investigated. Thank you so much for your patience.

Sometimes, reinstalling Adobe Flash and Shockwave can fix the issues that prevent a cursor from working. The help page below will walk you through that process, if there's any interest:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000101033">Reinstall Adobe Flash & Shockwave (Computer)</a>

If you would prefer to replace the game, I recommend contacting our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a>. They're be equipped to handle this exchange. Please PM me or another moderator if there are further questions. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgBeruna

yeah, that link gets:

oops

You're not authorized to access this page

Take me back to the home page

now what?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 29, 17 3:41 PM
Hi bajacalla,

I apologize that the previous link didn't work as it should have! We're basically looking at the Game crashing, freezing, not displaying properly, or showing an error? section of the Mac Game Troubleshooting article for those troubleshooting steps. Since the direct link wasn't successful, please visit that page instead and scroll down to the designated section. There you'll find links for installing updates for Adobe Flash and Shockwave, which should also contain the uninstaller. The details can also be found at this link:

Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave

I hope this helps. Should this not resolve the difficulties, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator with any questions. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 29, 17 3:46 PM
Hi lmjack,

It sounds like there are some access violation errors coming up when trying to play this game. I'm sorry to hear that! Let's see what a bit of troubleshooting can do. Access violation errors are non-specific errors, but they are often linked to outdated software of some sort or interference from another program. A good first step is to video card driver updates in case the current drivers aren't getting along well with this particular game. More tips can be found at this link:

Access Violation

Should that not resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help. You are also always welcome to PM me or another Moderator anytime. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Dec 2, 17 11:31 AM
So I have tried every avenue that has been mentioned to update this software or that of do this certain thing to get the game running properly. Did any of them work? NO they did not, the cursor still disappears when I click on the recipe in the mummy case. Please fix this getting really annoying that people cannot play a game that has been paid for.

[Post New]by bernhard1 on Dec 2, 17 12:19 PM
Error:ACCess violation at 0x77D7213A(tried to write to 0x000A0FF0),program terminated

This is the message i get when i try to start the game

[Post New]by helen18 on Dec 2, 17 11:54 PM
I had no trouble playing the demo (Windows 10) but as soon as I exited so did the Big Fish Games Manager which I had to reinstall. I deleted the game which I had intended purchasing.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 3, 17 4:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there have been some troubles with access violation errors and with the cursor disappearing. We definitely apologize for these errors, and we strongly recommend trying out the steps from the following help articles if they haven't been tried already. They are designed to help the game cooperate with the computer system as much as possible. For PC, here are the links for updating software related to access violations:

Video Driver Updates
Run Game as Administrator

For Macs, the following link can help:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Should these steps not resolve the mentioned issued, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help. You can also PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions or concerns. We'll be happy to do whatever we can to help out.

bfgArinelle

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Dec 8, 17 4:59 PM
I have tried every option that BFG has given and I still cannot play this game without the cursor disappearing. I WANT A REFUND FROM BFG. VERY ANGRY AT THIS POINT

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Dec 8, 17 4:59 PM

Edited on 12/10/2017 at 2:53:56 PM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: One Foot in the Grave Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Dec 8, 17 5:00 PM

Edited on 12/10/2017 at 2:53:40 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 10, 17 2:55 PM
Hi Kayen59,

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps have not resolved the issue. Please go ahead and send a message to our Technical Support Team, since they have the best tools to assist when troubleshooting does not resolve an issue.

You can also reach out to me or another Moderator at any time by PM for questions and concerns. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

BJT006
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BJT006 on Dec 16, 17 1:04 AM
Not having the problems as others. Played the demo and when I bought the game all I get is a black screen, can't see anything. I am playing on a new windows 10 computer (a few months old). Took it into best buys and Geek Squard said everything was up to date. Third game this month that has done this after I bought the game. Demo played fine on all of them

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

CURSOR issue pinned down (but not solved)

[Post New]by pammysueb on Dec 23, 17 11:57 AM
21” iMac, Yosemite (10.10.5). Am having the "disappearing cursor" problem, but I have pinned it down to WHERE the problem is occurring — at least for me. The problem occurs every time I have to MATCH A PICTURE TO THE BACKGROUND.
The Cursor worked fine until the location where you FIRST match a picture to the background — the red bush in the cemetery. That’s where the cursor disappeared— I had to manually quit and restart — custom cursor came back.
All played fine again until the SECOND time you match a picture to the background — the ginger down in the well. Custom cursor disappeared again. — again manually quit and restarted, custom cursor came back. The demo ended before I could get to the third picture match..
Turning off custom cursor doesn’t work as you can’t tell any active areas…also, the post suggesting Adobe Shockwave should not be necessary — (Flash, probably yes, Shockwave, no). Game devs should NOT be using Shockwave for any new Mac games. Go to Adobe’s site - Shockwave for Mac hasn’t been supported or updated since system 10.8 — a long time ago. You can still download and install if you like but I have it installed and it made no difference. Flash is current as of today. I will hold off purchasing this one until the glitch is fixed. I would send a MacDrFelix report in, but MacDrFelix (current version 1.0.6) hasn't worked for 6 months, even though I have reinstalled multiple times, including again today.

Edited on 12/23/2017 at 12:15:55 PM PST

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on Dec 25, 17 2:29 PM
if any of you are having access violation problems with your games it is cause by not down loading your games when you first buy them, right after you buy your games they will ask you to download them, if you don't and store them in your history they may not work later, because if you don't download them right away, you may not get the full files, I have lost a total of five games due to access violations. Down load your games at purchase and if you do not want to play them right away, then store them in your history to play later, but down load them first.

[Post New]by eddie406 on Jan 17, 18 4:48 AM
i have already bought this game 14 55 now give it to me and stopthis bloody game you are lpaying

MSQ62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MSQ62 on Jan 27, 18 8:56 AM
This game shut down the game manager and would not let it be reopened. Had to uninstall the game manager and reinstall

Go to: