azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Hamlet

[Post New]by azjmarie on May 18, 10 11:56 AM
Played the demo - found it fun, challenging and refreshingly new & different. You'll need your puzzle solving hat and a fast mouse finger to get through some of the more difficult areas.

shinysign
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by shinysign on May 23, 10 10:38 PM
It's a weird game, a bit too 'puzzley' for me as I don't like getting stuck. The graphics are not my thing. I was looking forward to a cartoon retelling of Hamlet but really all it does is take the names of Hamlet characters and jumbles the story.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on May 24, 10 4:34 PM
I've finished playing the whole game. I am not sure I would recommend it. Kind of wowed that some people played the whole thing in an hour and without using the walk through.

In my opinion, some of the solutions were anything but obvious. The Penguins for one and the hour glass for another. Spoiler: I would never have sat and stared at the screen long enough to realized every seventh time a new path appears. End Spoiler

I am not willing to say 'I can't click fast enough,' but it is true that my speed and aim aren't what they used to be. The notes were a nightmare.

I truly applaud the uniqueness of the game. I enjoyed the cartoon graphics. I even liked the music. I just didn't like the game.

[Post New]by Fraunhoffer on May 25, 10 3:21 PM
Overall, I liked the game a lot. In fact, 10 min into playing the demo I decided to buy it just to support what I felt was a unique game, both in graphics and in game play. I hope more game studios and developers choose this path, rather than churning out yet another HOG.

That said, I found some things frustrating about Hamlet:

1. Over-reliance on quick-click puzzles. One or two would be fine, but when stuck I would find myself madly clicking on anything.

2. Slow hint charger. So slow I resorted to the BFG walk-through more than once, and I'm usually loathe to use walk-throughs.

3. Some annoying puzzles: the 50-Click-Door and the maze puzzle come to mind. I was also not a huge fan of the sundial/smiley face puzzle. Some of the expression-to-letter relationships didn't make sense.

Even with these minor grievances, I would definitely buy the Romeo & Juliet sequel. Any idea when this will be released?

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Jul 5, 10 11:36 AM
I absolutely LOVED this game. It is so fun to tackle it's smart logic. It's tricky, yes, but that's a lot of the fun. I really had to think about how something could be solved and I loved that the hints were just as clever. Just enough to get me on track. I know others have mentioed Samorost and Machinarium. This is very reminiscent of those games by Amanita Design.

It may be shorter than most, but it is totally rewarding to figure it out!

Thanks for offering it, totally had the greatest time!

Blessings

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 7, 10 12:08 PM
I like the animations and so on. What I don't like is getting stuck and waiting forever for the hint to recharge, and then still not understanding what to do next without exiting the game to look at the walkthru. And I did that more than once just to get thru the demo.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd probably like this game if it had a better hint system. Too bad.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 22, 11 9:20 PM
This game is just all around annoying. I really really wanted to love it. I love adventure games and ihogs that are heavy on the i light on the hog lists (boring) but this? Ugh. Some of the puzzles used logic and that was ok but the illogical ones?? Just click everything and hope something happens? B.O.R.I.N.G. What's the point of that? An illogical puzzle where the solution is just thanks to random clicking... well that's just as bad as "here's your puzzle... number from 1 to 10" both are boring. If I'm playing a puzzle game then I want the solution to be logical ie: I want to reasonable be able to figure it out if I think about it long enough... NOT... if I just click on a bunch of stuff. Can't speak to the arcade aspects as I didn't last long enough to find out. Sorry... it's a cute story and cute graphics but... not interested in something where I never know if I can solve the puzzle by thinking it out or if I need to just skip and go to the walkthru.

[Post New]by RosyZoey on Nov 26, 11 9:13 PM
Using the iPad version, and I've got the same complaints as everybody else, it seems.

In addition, there are freaky things, like sounds continuously looping. I've re-installed it, and, using a tip I found somewhere about game apps crashing, turned off the iPad completely after installation. But it doesn't help.

My biggest challenge right now is the card game. I understand the logic, and have selected the correct card, but the dealing sound is looping, and nothing else will happen. I've noticed some screen shots showing coins on the Hero's side of the barrel, but there are only ever coins shown on the monkey's side. I'm frustrated.

I want to like the game, but I can't get past the technical problems and often illogical situations.

[Post New]by LittleSpoo on Feb 11, 12 2:08 PM
EnvirEng wrote:I've finished playing the whole game. I am not sure I would recommend it. Kind of wowed that some people played the whole thing in an hour and without using the walk through.

In my opinion, some of the solutions were anything but obvious. The Penguins for one and the hour glass for another. Spoiler: I would never have sat and stared at the screen long enough to realized every seventh time a new path appears. End Spoiler

I am not willing to say 'I can't click fast enough,' but it is true that my speed and aim aren't what they used to be. The notes were a nightmare.

I truly applaud the uniqueness of the game. I enjoyed the cartoon graphics. I even liked the music. I just didn't like the game.

What EnvirEng said! I liked the graphics, music, dialog, and unique puzzles. I didn't like the illogical puzzles, nonhelpful hints, and the need for super-fast superaccurate clicking. With a little more work, you could have a fabulous game...

LOVE THE GAME BUT STUCK IN THE CORRODOR

[Post New]by smrtypants on May 31, 12 1:32 PM
I used the walkthorough but it did not work. Has anyone else had this problem? Right, right, left, right, left got me nowhere.

Go to: