NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny

[Post New]by NouniSmile on May 17, 10 1:05 AM
Everything is good about the game and really can't say any negative comment.
The only problem is the duration of the game. I can't believe they do a game that can be finished within the trial time. It is unbelievable.
Definitely no buy for me even if it is on DD.

Nouni

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on May 17, 10 2:31 AM
well i must say i am a bit disappointed..it does have nice graphics, but at this stage it is just boring...too easy, i think if it had a bit more adventure, and not just HOG scenes, it would grab me a bit more, but at this stage i doubt if i can be botherd finishing the demo..(still have 20min left). as for length of game, not sure..might have better idea if i finish demo.

for people out there who love HOGS then this will prob interest you..but will be a no buy for me.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on May 17, 10 6:10 AM
It's a nice game, and good graphics, but way too short! Wish I'd read this before I wasted a Game Credit on it. Shame on BF for not knowing this. Or telling us. I'm not even a fast player. I'm a slow one. It still was too short!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on May 17, 10 7:40 AM
I found this to be an ok game. Lately the games have been a flunk so hopefully this is a sign of great/wow games to come. Will not purchase this with hopes of better games to come. Keeping my fingers crossed.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 17, 10 7:48 AM
The game has the all the elements to be a great game but just falls flat. I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't compel me to finish. I felt like mostly I was finding objects in junk piles and not much else. I like that there is a skip on the mini games and the music was appropriate. The graphics were good. Overall nothing really negative to say about it. It just didn't ring my bell, so I'll pass on this one.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on May 17, 10 7:57 AM
kelnjor wrote:well i must say i am a bit disappointed..it does have nice graphics, but at this stage it is just boring...too easy, i think if it had a bit more adventure, and not just HOG scenes, it would grab me a bit more, but at this stage i doubt if i can be botherd finishing the demo..(still have 20min left). as for length of game, not sure..might have better idea if i finish demo.

for people out there who love HOGS then this will prob interest you..but will be a no buy for me.

ok just played out demo, and i just finished chapter 5, after checking the w/through, there are only 7 chapters, so definate no buy! i am guessing would finish game in 1.5hrs, and i didn't skip any puzzles, or scenes either..might be ok for the DD, but not for 6.99!!

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 17, 10 11:56 AM
SueDee67 wrote:It's a nice game, and good graphics, but way too short! Wish I'd read this before I wasted a Game Credit on it. Shame on BF for not knowing this. Or telling us. I'm not even a fast player. I'm a slow one. It still was too short!

Really too bad you didn't read the reviews before purchasing and then you could have chosen to demo or not waste a credit. It is really not up to BF to tell you if a game is short or not. You have to do your own homework and decide whether or not to purchase. My suggestion for the future is to always read the reviews, demo it, check the walkthroughs for length and then make up your own mind!

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 17, 10 2:19 PM
This game was enjoyable for me, although I didn't really care for some of the items being too small. The hint system seemed to refresh relatively quick, though. I enjoyed the graphics, the music was pleasant, and the storyline was interesting. Unfortunately I finished over half the game during the demo. As others have said, I would love to have had a longer game. I will probably purchase this one if I need another punch for my card at the end of the month. Otherwise I will wait and hopefully it will go on sale soon.

Ongoldenpond, I never read the reviews before I demo a game and rarely afterwards as I don't want someone else's opinion to alter mine in any way. If there is a walkthrough, though, I will check it to see how much further to go on a game until the end. Either way, if someone is unhappy with a game, they can contact BF customer service. They are very helpful and friendly.

Edited on 05/17/2010 at 2:21:58 PM PST

[Post New]by chicagoguy49 on May 17, 10 2:47 PM
This has to be one of the worst yet. Lame hour to and hour and a half to complete. Contrast this to say Royal Envoy, any of the Farm Frenzy series, the New York or Vancouver hidden object, Build-A-Lot, or others. All of them provide hours of entertainment. This is a total waste of time and money. A giant Big Fish Rip Off.

[Post New]by susie66k on May 17, 10 2:50 PM
very disappointed in the game! I finished it during the 1 hour "try it". I would tell anyone to save their money. This game was not challenging at all!

kiwis00
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kiwis00 on May 17, 10 3:02 PM
TOO SHORT!!! Finished it before the demo expired! BFG must be having a DRY spell, it's been like this before and after Lifequest game since the takeover of PlayFirst in March. Wow, I've been hitting some very good games once a week over at . Mm-m-m-f-ff! (sigh) Well, back to !

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 3:21:50 PM PST

Your Comments and Review for Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny

[Post New]by MYLOU1027 on May 17, 10 3:07 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder
I REALLY LIKED THIS GAME , BUT WAY TO SHORT.
NOT WORTH 6.99 THATS FOR SURE.
GAME ON !!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 05/17/2010 at 3:11:31 PM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 17, 10 6:58 PM
Not a bad game overall but way too short in game play time and somewhat boring for me. I'll be skipping this one because of those two points.

beadster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by beadster on May 17, 10 7:10 PM
I enjoyed this HOG, and it kept my interest and I enjoyed the mini-games as well. Some of the objects were a bit hard to find as they blended well into the scenery or practically hidden in the corners.

Some of music was a bit too repetitive, and I wasn't too thrilled with the ending - they could have done a better job. It was almost as if they got tired and tried to rush it.

Overall, I would give this a 3.5 rating out of 5.

It was worth playing. Thank you.

beadster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by beadster on May 17, 10 7:11 PM
And I agree with other posts - it was definitely too short. Like I noted previously they seemed to have run out of steam but still worth playing. It was enjoyable.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on May 18, 10 3:17 AM
I liked this game alot despite it's on the easy side, not very challenging or sophisticated.The game play was good. It's the same old minis, but I dont mind that so much. The scenes were nice, but Im not buying this one bc the graphics of the hidden objects were HORRIBLE! So bad you cant make out what most things were. I can tell you the hints load quickly bc I used a ton of them just to get through.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 18, 10 3:17 AM
rosie28sammy wrote:
Ongoldenpond, I never read the reviews before I demo a game and rarely afterwards as I don't want someone else's opinion to alter mine in any way. If there is a walkthrough, though, I will check it to see how much further to go on a game until the end. Either way, if someone is unhappy with a game, they can contact BF customer service. They are very helpful and friendly.

Rosie28sammy,
Everyone has their own way of deciding whether or not to purchase a game. If you don't like to read the reviews then that's your choice. I was offering some helpful hints to SueDee, who purchased the game first and found out it was too short. It is really not up to BF to tell people it's a short game - playing time is subjective anyway. What might take one person 10 hours to play could take another an hour or two. Yes, BF is very helpful and friendly but a gamer has to take some responsibility when deciding to buy a game - especially when there are tools like reviews/demos/walkthroughs readily available.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 18, 10 6:35 PM
Agree with many other fishies... Very nice game but way too short. The ending was abrupt and very odd.

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on May 19, 10 2:47 AM
I'd give this game a C+ if it was at least three hours long but it's too short for even buying as a Daily Deal.

There are many exceptions, of course, but there seems to be a trend of games becoming more glossy but with less content.

Hooray for the exceptions like Magic Encyclopedia!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 20, 10 1:50 AM
Loved it...lovely graphics and music, something my husband and I could agree upon. This and Lost medallion are quality games this month. Let some else chase kids chase cats in 3D...

Go to: