zener
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post any Magicville: Art of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by zener on Jan 26, 11 10:40 PM
Bought thsi game on a Daily Deal, and find it extemely frustrating as it will not run (game is already running error) unless I reboot my PC and run from Game Manager only.

System is a Win 7 64 bit PC.
I note a lot of other messages along the same lines from some 6 months ago,, this game was only downloaded a few days ago so should be current.

Anyone able to advise ?
Thanks and regards

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 27, 11 11:23 AM
Once successfully launched the game plays fine. BUT when I launch it from Game Manager it does not launch - (including no icon at bottom of screen) so again I click the "Play" in Game Manager and I get the error message saying "UNABLE TO START GAME another game is currently running ..." Task manager shows there is NO game running so I have to reboot. Huh?

Edited on 01/27/2011 at 11:24:50 AM PST

[Post New]by 5119412 on Jan 28, 11 1:06 PM
same problem with this on 64 bit window7
unloaded manager reloaded worked sign off, reboot next day same problem ,
try same answer junk waste off money, and time

FlagCat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by FlagCat on Jan 5, 12 5:47 PM
Hope I am not repeating myself. I get message "another game running". No there is not. Ctrl Alt Delete shows nothing. Turing off computer does not work. Use Win 7
finally deleted BFG game manager, then deleted Magicville. Want to play, not work.
Fun game while it was running first time.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jan 6, 12 5:48 AM
This is for the Mac version. I had previously demoed the game, so there was a user profile. Decided to start from the beginning, so I tried to create a new user. This crashed the game each time (tried 3 times). So I decided to play my original profile as you have the choice to start over or continue. Chose start a new game and played for a while. Quit and started again and it hadn't saved my changes. This may be due to a corrupted pref file, but as the game doesn't save, the pref file doesn't change and I can't find it using Terminal. It isn't in any of the usual locations, so I can't delete it. Why do developers try to hide the darn things anyway?

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jan 6, 12 6:19 AM
Rye

It's not a case of hiding it! Saved game files have to be stored in very specific places in order to comply with operating system standards - this applies to both MacOS and Windows.

The Magicville saved game file is located in Users/Shared/Desktop Gaming/Magicville. Deleting the Magicville folder will remove all saved data for the game.

If you delete any files, you do so at your own risk, obviously.

Hope this helps!

Dave
DesktopGaming.

Go to: