gemini4fun
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by gemini4fun on May 18, 10 7:15 PM
What's good about this game has already been said. My addition is, I liked the variety in this game. I too, was surprised when the demo hour was up, as mentioned by another post. I wanted to play/see more, so I bought it!! Haven't finished it yet, but I'm still enjoying it very, very much.

gem*

slyeyes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by slyeyes on May 18, 10 7:19 PM
cant wait for it to finish d-loading sounds like agood game most of reviews were good just finished d-loading gotta go !!!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 18, 10 7:39 PM
This game cracks me up

I'm not sold on the game play, as the items are tiny and well hidden. Still, the story is funny, the heroine feisty and time passed faster than it seemed to, so it's a buy for me, too

FYI, it's not really what I consider a HOG. It's more of an adventure game with puzzles.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 18, 10 7:47 PM
It's a buy for me..........I like that it is a 'logical HOG'; ie there's a reason you have to find those hidden things, and something you'll have to use them for.
Yes, some items were small, but on the whole, they were findable due to sharp graphics ( I hate fuzzy scapes!). So far, the minigames have also been relatable to the story, which doesn't always happen in HOGs. And about that romance stuff:
I've learned not to prejudge, after being sucked into Dream Day Wedding..never thought I would be playing a game with that title!

sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by sandyca on May 18, 10 8:49 PM
Did the demo and thought it was ok, not sure if it's a buy for me yet though.

[Post New]by sphinxvictorian on May 18, 10 9:57 PM
Totally loved this game! One of the best HOG/Adventure games in a while. Very fair with the hints, letting you earn them as you go, and the ones they give you are just enough to help with the puzzles without totally giving them away.

Plus I'm a sucker for a good fantasy/romance and this one is actually quite charming. The plot is good and suspenseful.

My only difficulty is -- I want the sequel now!!!! Can't wait till they bring it out, seriously! Bravo to Passionfruit games, really, an excellent product all the way around. I will definitely be buying Part II, and any other sequels or HOG's they put out. Very, very impressed!

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on May 18, 10 10:00 PM
oh I loved this game,the story is great,the pictures are cool,can,t wait until the next one hope it won,t be long

slruser
Salmon
Salmon
2,654 Posts

[Post New]by slruser on May 18, 10 10:20 PM
I am only half way through this game and am so frustrated I may not finish it. Really having some problems with navigation - i.e.: turning the dominoes, etc. It's a cute story, but it's a little too 'romance novel' for me. Also, I'm not fond of the comicbook-style artwork, although it is fairly well done. On the plus-side, the voices and music are well-matched to the story and characters. As mentioned by others, I thought the reward for not using Hints was a nice feature. The mini-games were very easy, as was the general story line. Only had a few problems with some tiny hidden objects. Oh well, win some; lose some.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 18, 10 11:23 PM
I like it...not a junk pile HOG; unique in it's story line (okay, a little sappy, but unique) LOTS OF PUZZLES!!!!! big plus for me...and something different. It is not short, (at least , I've not found it so, but I've not used any hints or walkthrough) and the puzzles vary...not the same thing throughout the game. The graphics are very good and the artwork creative. All in all, I give it 4 out of 5 stars. It's easy to play, graphics and story line are good, puzzles are varied but not too hard and it's not short.

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on May 19, 10 1:30 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

A lot of fun and definitely gets trickier as you move through the levels...really enjoyable.
Nice integration of hidden objects (there's actually a real point to collecting them), the puzzles and story line.

The most engaging game I've played since Dead Time--though clearly the themes are vastly different.

Two enthusiastic paws up from the furry felines--Harry and Theo.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on May 19, 10 1:51 AM
The 1-hour demo just flew by for me...so I bought it. Some items are small, but most are just well hidden. The graphics are really good and I even like the music in this one. So far, with the built-in help, I haven't needed the walkthrough. And though the story is based on a romance, it's not silly or mushy at all.

Happy gaming everyone.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on May 19, 10 6:16 AM
I enjoyed this game very much.

Loaded in and ran well with no problems.
The graphics were clear and well defined. I have read complaints that some objects were hard to find but I found the way they were hidden fun and challenging. No junk pile but well hidden. My older eyes didn't have many problems finding anything.
I enjoyed the mini games immensely. They played into the story well. Nice variations of all kinds.
Only 2 hints used throughout game and thumped my head when I saw what I missed.
Hints are added with every chapter so I'm not sure if you can run out. I never had a problem with it or the recharge.
Cursor will go crazy for a very short time if you overclick. Had to find this out by intentionally fast clickling though as I never had it happen in the game.
The story line is interesting and held my attention. I was sorry that this was a cliffhanger and was disappointed when it ended. I wanted to go on and find out the rest of the tale.
The music was very complimentary to the story and not repetitive. Voice acting fairly well done. I agree with another comment that said it was nice to see drawn expression and emotion as opposed to stoic faces.
The length was worth the cost. No short game here. It took me about 5 hours but I'm fairly quick with HOGS and had gotten up from my desk quite a few times for varied reasons.
The "Romance" warning had to do with comic book style kissing and a few suggestive comments but on the whole very tame.

Looking forward to Part 2.
Enjoy Fishies!

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on May 19, 10 6:49 AM
really enjoyed this game, some great mini games, which certainly got my brain working,for aq change, hog bits not too easy, which is great, the game was a really good length and an interesting story line, i was really dissapointed when it finished, i hope the follow up won't be too long, i want to know what happens next, talk about keep you in suspense. definately worth buying.

journey2
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by journey2 on May 19, 10 7:13 AM
Great game, one of the best of its kind on the market today!!

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on May 19, 10 9:22 AM
I have mixed feelings about this one. The objects were way too small for me, sure would have been nice to have a magnifying glass available! I had to use the walkthrough for so many just cause I couldn't see no fun there! I struggled with this so much that I only got leval 1 completed during the trial. So I didn't get enough of a feel for if its a 'buy' or not. The story line was minimal so I didn't get to enjoy it as so many others seem to have done. I like that it is long. I just wish I could play it without using the walkthrough.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 19, 10 9:42 AM
While I don't give this game a "best game ever" nod...

it was an absolute blast to play. It was not my intention to purchase this game until next month with a credit but I had to finish the story and game play. Seldom does this happen for me so I'd definately give this game a .

[Post New]by puglette404 on May 19, 10 10:54 AM
I really enjoyed this game. The puzzles were fun and fit in with the storyline. The storyline is a bit cheesy in my personal opinion. It did make me laugh occasionally at the "romance". But even that added to the overall fun of this game. The length of the game was great, I played most of the day and into the evening. To me that is great value for my $6.99. Thanks BFG!!

Mike4463
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Mike4463 on May 19, 10 11:06 AM
I too thought WHAT hidden items that were to be find - was terrible!! Had to use lots of clues, this game is more of a puzzle game more then a hidden item game.
Know once I finish it I will delete it - not a game I would like to play over again, like so many other hd item games I have purchased. Wish Ghost Seekers will come out with another new game - LOVE THESE.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 19, 10 11:37 AM
Did some more checking about this game. It's based on a novel and the author of the novel wrote the game script. I thought that was the best written script I'd ever seen in a game. Now I know why. The words flowed and everything seemed so appropriate. Other game developers would really do themselves a huge favor to hire someone with sufficient credentials to write a decent game script. It really leant so much towards making the game that much more enjoyable.

The other thing I really liked about the game is that the hidden objects were location and time appropriate. I get so tired of hunting through museums for children's racing cars and items that don't belong anywhere within the game. Everything in Tiger Eye was meant to be part of the scene. What a refreshing change!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 19, 10 12:32 PM
What an excellent and unique game. Love the graphics and gameplay. And there is even a decent story as well. Had to smile a few times at the conversations between Hari and Dela.
Many of the objects are rather well hidden - plain in sight, but matched in colour to the background and therefore not easily seen. I am trying not to use the Hint button so I get more points. It takes me a while longer to find the objects, but so what? It's not as if I am racing against time.

Go to: