genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:Talk to the developers here

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 20, 10 7:34 PM
Oh, look, our very own Simon Cowell, tellin' it like it is I can appreciate your brutal honesty.

I liked the voice acting and enjoyed the cut scenes... without them, I wouldn't have bought the game, for the reasons I mentioned earlier in the thread. As it is, I find the story fun and the combination of graphics and voices incredibly amusing. I'm sure it wasn't meant to evoke that particular emotion, but I am really enjoying it

[Post New]by PassionFruitSeed on May 20, 10 10:28 PM
PassionFruitSeed wrote:
FunIt wrote:Another thing were the cut scenes. As far as I could see, you can either watch them in full or skip them alltogether. What I would prefer is an option to "click through" to make them run faster. In this game the story is important, so I didn't want to skip the whole dialog, but I'm a fast reader and sometimes the were really slow.
Apart from that, I'm waiting for part 2!

That's a good idea. We'll see if we can make the 'fast-forward' option happen. Thanks for the suggestion!

Just to clarify, we'll look into this option but CANNOT make any guarantees that it may happen. Apologies for any confusion. Thanks.

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 20, 10 10:58 PM
genkicoll wrote:Oh, look, our very own Simon Cowell, tellin' it like it is I can appreciate your brutal honesty.

I liked the voice acting and enjoyed the cut scenes... without them, I wouldn't have bought the game, for the reasons I mentioned earlier in the thread. As it is, I find the story fun and the combination of graphics and voices incredibly amusing. I'm sure it wasn't meant to evoke that particular emotion, but I am really enjoying it

Haha! I must admit, Simon was always my favorite! Hey Runewarden, glad you took the time and effort to give us pure and honest feedback. There is always something you can improve on for the next game, and we take all suggestions to heart. Sorry you didn't enjoy the game as much as others in the forums; hope you like our next one better

[Post New]by happygrams18 on May 20, 10 11:58 PM
Just a little grandma here wanting to put her two cents worth in.

I enjoyed this game for the most part: puzzles mainly. It was refreshing to have different ones than I have done before, plus I enjoyed the quantity of them.

When it came to the graphics of the humans...it just seemed wrong with the graphics of the scenery. The voices were good, but not their "reality".

There was a vague warning about the game being a "romance". Now I did not know what that means when the word "warning" is stated. Is it a warning to men that they may not like hearing, seeing romance or did it mean that the game should be rated "R"???

Also, if there is going to be warnings about games, I would like one that says "offensive language." Now I know many of you may be saying, "What is she talking about?" What may not offend one may offend another. If I had known the game had some swearing and words like p- - - - d in it I never would have bought the game. Everyone has their feelings about things and it would be nice just to be forewarned. This is the first game I have played that had language in it that made me cringe.

I would like to end on a positive note though. Keep up the good work developer. I wish you the very best in your endeavors. I look forward to the next installment of the game...don't forget the "warnings" though if there are any. Many thanks.

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 21, 10 1:54 AM
happygrams18 wrote:There was a vague warning about the game being a "romance". Now I did not know what that means when the word "warning" is stated. Is it a warning to men that they may not like hearing, seeing romance or did it mean that the game should be rated "R"???

Also, if there is going to be warnings about games, I would like one that says "offensive language." Now I know many of you may be saying, "What is she talking about?" What may not offend one may offend another. If I had known the game had some swearing and words like p- - - - d in it I never would have bought the game. Everyone has their feelings about things and it would be nice just to be forewarned. This is the first game I have played that had language in it that made me cringe.

Hey there happygrams - I would say the note about "romantic content" is there because the game is based on a romance novel ("Tiger Eye" by Marjorie M. Liu). We tried to keep the game "PG-13" and I'm guessing if it were a movie, that's the rating it would get. Some things that were depicted in the novel are simply kept to the player's imagination in the game

And I'm not certain what language you found offensive, but we made sure not to include anything that would be "bleeped" out on network television.

Glad you enjoyed the rest of the game!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 21, 10 2:37 PM
Runewarden, I'm curious, what kind of box are you running on?

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 21, 10 4:48 PM
I just finished this game today and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Yes, the objects blended in quite well, but on the monitor I have it wasn't too much of a problem if I spent time looking. My old pc/monitor are darker than this one so it would have been more of a problem. I did have to use a few hints, but not an excessive amount.

I haven't played this a 2nd time but would like to see puzzles have random ones within that particular puzzle that come up. That would be good for replayability, but on the other hand, I don't often play a game back to back. Another idea would be to be able to play all the puzzles from the main screen once the game was over, or after each game type was played....like Anka did. That game has 10 levels I think it is of all the puzzles that are in the game.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on May 22, 10 11:32 AM
[b]I did like the game and also agree with the tiny size of the objects to find. But it still is fun. My problem is and it probably is a tecnical problem is that the game doesn't save for me. I keep having to start over again at the beginning. So I guess I'm off the complain to the techs.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on May 22, 10 4:05 PM
I have played 50 minutes of the demo and have truly enjoyed the game. As I am using a borrowed laptop while mine is being repaired, I am saving my last 10 minutes to play again as a reminder of the game before I purchase, when I get my own laptop back.

1. I agree with others about the size of some of the hidden objects. I think more and more people are playing on laptops now so screen sizes are getting smaller, which makes items smaller and harder to find. I will use hints but at 72 years old, I like the thought that I figured it out myself and did not have to use them.

2. I like to play games more than once, so therefore I would love to be able to turn off the tutorials. There are times I will not replay a game due to having to go through the tutorials the second, third, etc, times. Developers, PLEASE give us that option.

Other thinks I would like to reiterate are:

The option of being able to turn off the game cursor.
The ability to play either or both timed and relaxed modes.
When replaying a game, hidden objects are different each time.

Thought I'd start a thread where you can talk directly to the Tiger Eye developers, since Big Fish happily encourages the practice This is our first game with Big Fish... well, it's really our studio's first game EVER... and we're super excited about its release! We've been reading all your comments and suggestions and have found some great stuff and hilarious posts (we were very amused by the "rating system" thread... it made our day). If you have anything you'd like to tell us (what you'd like to see in the next game, questions for the team, complaints, compliments, etc.) we'll be on the lookout.

Happy gaming,
~melissa, passionfruit games

I want to compliment Passionfruit Games doing such a wonderful job on their first game ever. WOW. I think your studio did a great job.

I also want to compliment Passionfruit Games on coming here to the BF forums to ask us, the gamers, what we would like to see included in their games to make them more appealing to us.

Thank you Passionfruit Games.

Thank you BF for bringing Tiger Eye to us.

[Post New]by jennieflea on May 22, 10 4:50 PM
I did love this game......lots of different kinds of puzzles which were not so easy to solve.......I managed ok with the small things but do agree that maybe a magnifying glass for some of them.......thought the story was pretty good but WAY too much chatter........please cut the chat a bit.......I was getting fed up with it at one point that I came off the game and left it for the next day.....I know I could have pressed the skip button but was frightened of missing anything!! Just too much chat........but I loved it nonetheless......can't wait for the next part.
Big thanks all round to you developers, must have taken you a LONG time for this game......but I appreciate it anyway!!!

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on May 22, 10 5:41 PM
I have purchased many, many games from Big Fish and without a doubt this was the most enjoyable. Plenty of different puzzles, game play, etc. Can't wait until the next one! Does anyone know when that is scheduled to be released I heard January 2011? Developers send us more!

[Post New]by PassionFruitErik on May 22, 10 8:20 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate it. I'd just like to point something out though:

patnsky wrote:I like to play games more than once, so therefore I would love to be able to turn off the tutorials. There are times I will not replay a game due to having to go through the tutorials the second, third, etc, times. Developers, PLEASE give us that option.

This option does exist. It can be found in the Options menu. We totally understand it's an annoyance to be told how to play something once you've mastered it, so we thought ahead!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 22, 10 8:26 PM
We totally understand it's an annoyance to be told how to play something once you've mastered it, so we thought ahead!

That is awesome, PFE! We love it when developers listen to us hehe

I have one problem... I'm caught up in the story, and though I have time to play, I can't! I promised my sister-in-law that I would wait and continue to play it with her! lol~

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on May 22, 10 11:22 PM
PassionFruitErik wrote:Hey thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate it. I'd just like to point something out though:

patnsky wrote:I like to play games more than once, so therefore I would love to be able to turn off the tutorials. There are times I will not replay a game due to having to go through the tutorials the second, third, etc, times. Developers, PLEASE give us that option.

This option does exist. It can be found in the Options menu. We totally understand it's an annoyance to be told how to play something once you've mastered it, so we thought ahead!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I did not see it in options but then I did not look. As I said earlier, I am playing on a borrowed laptop while mine is being repaired, *never spill liquid on your keyboard* I will be purchasing by the end of month.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on May 23, 10 11:24 AM
I bought this from the developer and I think I will take off my computer (wish I could get a refund)even tho I am only about 1/4 done objects not only two small but blend into picture

[Post New]by Hairteach on May 23, 10 12:22 PM
Thank you so much for the chance to talk to developers; brilliant idea! I love, love, love the game! Although my PC is a bit old (windows xp), and there are some glitchy areas (ie; floating cursor on the match 3 games), I simply adore the game. I have never read Ms. Liu's books, but I believe I will now. I love the idea of a romance based game, keep it up! Cannot wait for part 2. As mentioned, there are some small items, but I enjoy the style of the graphics, the music and the voice acting. P.S. I love the hint system on the mini games.

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 23, 10 2:51 PM
Memonk - yes, we're aiming for Jan 2011 - our designer has already started outlining her plans for Tiger Eye 2 and they're looking good!...

Miniatures1 - if you weren't able to play the game and didn't buy it from BFG you can request a refund by filling out the contact form on our developer site. Please include the email you used to place the order.

Glad people are liking this developer area

NerakofTx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by NerakofTx on May 23, 10 5:10 PM
You can tell by the number of post I have made in my 2 years on BFG that I dont write much. All that to say... "Any ETA on Part II"? I really can not wait. I will replay the end of the credits to get the book information, as suggested in this thread. You have a definiate purchaser for Part II.
Thank you for your time.
-Nerak

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on May 26, 10 9:59 AM
For pities sakes, don't change a thing! Don't subtract a darn thing. Not one. The story is a tae on the Velveeta side, but it's just fine to those of us with a sense of humor. If we wanted Danielle Steele, we wouldn't be here. The only real point worth addressing is the 'small' issue. Yes, it drove me stark raving bonkers at times, but I got the hang of it. I used to be legally blind before I had surgery so I can really appreciate how lucky I have it now, but just adding a magnifying glass option covers the small issue. Showing the finished puzzle if you skip it? Get the walk-through. The developers job is a harder/better game, not to babysit us. There were some puzzle types I'm just awful at in there, but I gave them the old college try. Skipped a lot of them too honestly, but it happens. And to whoever came up with the finished design for Hari ..... I owe you a drink.

PS. Someone earlier posted that if this came up against a Mystery Case Files type game that it would get passed over, that's not true. While I've bought all the MCF games, I play them once, get it out of my system, then catch up on all the stuff I missed. They're good games, but they have zero replay value for me. The fact I find MCF games to have horrible music probably has something to do with that.

Edited on 05/26/2010 at 10:05:23 AM PST

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 26, 10 1:41 PM
I'm w/ runewarden on the graphix. A game is not a place to fiddle w/ concept art. I've been known to buy games just b/c they were gorgeous. This one isn't, sorry. And I didn't care for the entire setup & faux-HOG concept of the game, either, nor the storyline, so that was 3 strikes right there for me.

Since I'd rather crack the spine (gasp!) on a history book any day of the wk & despite being part of the female target audience have never heard of any of these romance authors who keep hurling games out trying to boost their book sales, I'm mildly curious as to why a book set in Beijing by an author whose last name looks Chinese to me features a blonde, blue-eyed heroine puttering around in a Chinese legend instead of a Chinese heroine. Is this how the book is written?

Go to: