Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Furryfury on Dec 31, 17 3:11 AM
I didn't have any blowtorch issues, though I just waved it around everywhere and I wasn't expecting it to weld all the way over on the right piece--I thought the two pieces were supposed to weld to each other.

The game did go to a black screen at the very beginning of playing though, right after hitting "play" and choosing the game mode. The cutscene began, and my character snapped to start the fire, and suddenly everything was gone. I couldn't exit out of anything, I had to force the computer to shut off. Once it was on again, I tried it again and everything was fine, went all the way through to the end of the bonus chapter. So, concerning, but ultimately it worked.
Running windows 7.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 2, 18 4:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

We're very sorry to hear there have been progression troubles for some of our players. If the aforementioned tips and troubleshooting options have not resolved these issues, please contact our Technical Support Team so they can help us gather information helpful for reporting issues to the appropriate teams.We deeply appreciate everyone's continued patience.

If there are lingering questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by ladystar1309 on Jan 3, 18 12:51 AM
I am having trouble with the blowtorch. I can not get the key fixed. Is there going to be a fix for this or is there one already.

Pat

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 3, 18 11:29 AM
Hi ladystar1309,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble using the blowtorch to fix the key. We haven't heard any news yet about an update for this particular issue, but we have passed along reports from our players to the appropriate teams. If we hear anything about an update or fix for the game, an announcement will be made on the main Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition Forum page.

In the meantime, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Our Moderator Team is also always available by PM to answer any remaining questions. We'll do our best to help.

bfgArinelle

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 3, 18 5:08 PM
belamba wrote:Hi bfgArinelle,

I’ve contacted CS over and again about these issues, and no fix to date. All games except from these devs play normally. Occasionally I have to change the screen res to fix the problem, but ‘nothing’ works with this game.

It’s really disappointing.

I'm sure it's too late to concern you, but I play all my games on a Mac and have never had any problem with this or any other developer.

I know no one likes to hear this, but it could be on your end.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 3, 18 11:20 PM
scatzy wrote:I can't access the match 3 alternative on the HOP puzzles. It's just not there!!

There are no Match-3 Game alternatives in this game. There is a variation on the classic Match-3 Game that is used prominently in this game, but it occurs when "Star Magic" is required during regular game play and it is completely unassociated with a HOP.

I hope this helps!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 3, 18 11:43 PM
Rhysdux wrote:Mine wouldn't even install. I got a 706 error instead. As a result, i decided that it wasn't worth the effort and that I wouldn't try a second time.

So much for the Yuletide Legends sale. Games should be tested BEFORE they are sold.

You've probably moved on by now, but I'm going to reply in case others with a similar issue happen upon it.

I'm really sorry you are having problems. It is so frustrating when an app you are in doesn't respond as it should.

I don't know how many people downloaded this game on BFG so far, but for our purposes here let's say it is two hundred.

Two hundred people successfully downloaded, installed and played this game and not one single person had any of the troubles you had.

Here's the part no one ever wants to hear: despite how smoking your new computer is, the problem is probably on your end.

It's normal to blast the developer for being stupid and not properly checking his or her app before putting it on the market when we can't get an app to work.

But once the anger subsides, take another look at the issue with common sense and realize that two hundred people had no trouble and you were the only one who did.

When these things happen to me, I begrudgingly accept that there is probably a problem on my end. But then I still angrily blast the developer for being stupid. I can't help it; I'm human.

Edited on 01/03/2018 at 11:53:17 PM PST

[Post New]by tboyd1110 on Jan 5, 18 12:29 PM
I am using Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire 5532. I'm not sure what else you may need about my laptop.

While playing the game it was playing fine until towards the end. In Chapter 4: The Bridge, I think it was the torch of hope (?), there is a mini game where you have to paint the picture. The shape looks kind of like a butterfly and has a young Tempest on the left and a grown Tempest on the right. By the elbow of the grown Tempest there is a section that is supposed to be painted purple. I could not highlight that piece to color it. I had to skip the mini game since I could not get it to highlight.

After I completed the game I played the bonus game. At the beginning, on the message board to the right, there is a note. The second sentence has a typo. It says, "Those found will Christmas symbols will...".

At the Southern Beach, even though I only had 1 torch, it gave me 3 to complete the mini game. Later I was still finding the other 2 torches that sat in my inventory.

In the Bonus match, level 6, I could never complete the game. It would allow me to make matches, but once the path cleared for the deer to move, then the pieces disappeared and would not reappear and the deer never moved.

After the first glitch I uninstalled and the reinstalled the game. I checked my drivers and the other things that the help page said to try. the problems were still there.

I hope you are able to fix these items.

Thanks!

[Post New]by Crimpet46 on Jan 7, 18 2:25 PM
I am running Windows 10. I am having the Blow torch and key problem. I have tried all the hints below and so far nothing worked. Hope you fix it soon or this was a waste of money.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jan 8, 18 6:36 PM
i,m trying to find crown in temptist statute..but can not find it.guide shows the arm up,but it looks she has no left arm.hint keeps showing where there is nothing there

[Post New]by breezeshannon77 on Jan 14, 18 8:07 AM
My inventory bar is gone! I have reinstalled the game and we cant figure out where it went

[Post New]by fattycat25 on Jan 17, 18 9:28 AM
I am in chapter 2 and can't find all the pieces for the sled. What have I done wrong?
Thanks for your help.

[Post New]by nikkstr on Jan 23, 18 4:32 PM
I'm also stuck in chapter 2 and can't find all the pieces of the sled. Also, the Guide indicated that there is a HOP here, and I didn't see one. (Playing on Windows 10)

Edited on 01/24/2018 at 5:17:53 PM PST

Go to: