tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on May 21, 10 8:03 AM
I really enjoyed the trial of this game, was sad when the hour was up!!
I liked that you had to go from room to room using things that you found to progress.
As in previous posts though, I am also in two minds whether to purchase the collector's edition or just wait for the regular edition.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 21, 10 8:17 AM
Loved this game. Can't wait for the regular edition.
The hur went fy very fast.

Sorry, I thought I would leave the above sentence in since it was produced by the cat's tail flicking across the keyboard. Also, have you ever tried to find stuff while moving a cat's head out of the way.

That being said, I did like this game and will purchase it. The moving from room to room to collect stuff and then use it in another room is reminiscent of Mortimer Beckett and I loved all three of those. All in all, it kept my interest. I do agree with those who commented on the hint system. It is really not helpful! Hope others like this game as much as I did!.

Go Fish!

Edited on 05/21/2010 at 8:22:54 AM PST

javajule
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by javajule on May 21, 10 3:59 PM
aalaurie wrote:Loved this game. Can't wait for the regular edition.
The hur went fy very fast.

Sorry, I thought I would leave the above sentence in since it was produced by the cat's tail flicking across the keyboard. Also, have you ever tried to find stuff while moving a cat's head out of the way.

Thanks for the laugh! Purrrrfect.

Personally I thought 'Lighthouse' was ok but not worth the CE edition, I am, however, deeply attached to Salem, MA (almost moved there last year) and am seriously jonesing for the witch trials game.

joyamlf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by joyamlf on May 21, 10 4:23 PM
Why does the entire game have to load again after purchase? Waited so long for the demo to load, now have to wait a looooong time for the game!! It'll be bedtime before it's done

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on May 21, 10 5:14 PM
well i have yet to try the demo, but am going to wait until the SE version is released.
it has recieved mixed reviews, but i know after Govegril said it wasn't anymore than 3.5hrs it won't be a lengthy game.
I have never bought a CE and i know even it is the best game ever, i wouldn't pay the CE price..not because i think they shouldn't have them, just because i am too stingy
i hope all the fishies that have spent the money really enjoy the game, and i look forward to reading some more reviews

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on May 21, 10 5:17 PM
joyamlf wrote:Why does the entire game have to load again after purchase? Waited so long for the demo to load, now have to wait a looooong time for the game!! It'll be bedtime before it's done

I know when you try the demo, they only allow you to download so much of the game, so when you buy it, the rest if d/l to your computer, this is probably what is happening now...hope it loads quick for you

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on May 21, 10 5:21 PM
govegril wrote:This is a nice enough game- same style as the first Strange Cases where you are given your object searches from cards you have to find.
The style is adventure and is interactive.

Graphics for the most part are very good and there is some voice acting with the cut movie scenes.

Hey Govegril...how are you??...hope you are enjoying that lovely dry season weather up there!! raining and cold here
thanks for the review....will be waiting for the SE..

[Post New]by iamasurvivor on May 21, 10 6:12 PM
I am stuck in the cellar trying to found all the pieces of the box from the card in the dumbwaiter. I need the last piece on the front side of the box. Does anyone recall where it is? Thx

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on May 21, 10 6:55 PM
I got so engrossed in this game I forgot to watch the time. I usually try to play 45 minutes then review comments here in the forum before buying when demoing a CE. The other reason, is I have 15 minutes left of game time to refresh my mind when I do purchase at a later time. I have found that if I wait without a refresher, I do not remember the game that well and do not buy. I have purchased several CE games but this one is not worth almost 23.00. I know I do not need the stratagy guide and I do not want any wallpapers.

I thought the graphics were very good and clear but some areas were a little dark. There are times when the music, voices, or sounds, are so irritatubg that I turn off part or all of the sounds. This one I left all the sounds on. I like moving from one place to another. It seems to add to the mystery and makes the game more interesting.

I just hope that when it comes out at regular price, I remember I liked it and want to purchase.

So to sum it up.... No at almost 23.00 but a wonderful game at regular price.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on May 22, 10 12:45 AM
well i likedthe game played all the way through,but did not understand the bonus part.its was not.good for and extra.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on May 22, 10 2:52 AM
I liked this one alot, but not WOW. Not running to buy it, probably will when it's a SE. The graphics and game play were excellent, but a major turn off for me is tiny objects. Also not happy Im at a place where Im stuck, I know what item I need, but the hint button isnt showing me where the item is, just showing the area of where I need to place the item.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on May 22, 10 5:46 AM
I enjoyed the demo but I wouldn't pay CE price for it. I know it's perhaps a redundant comparison but it made me go back and play the first one, which I bought retail and had been sitting on my hard drive for months untouched. Oops. That took me about 4 hours from start to finish, and anything over three hours I find is value for money at $6.99. The Lighthouse Mystery story is interesting, and I think I'll buy it when the $6.99 version comes out, but at the moment I'll pass.

[Post New]by GamePrincess on May 22, 10 6:22 AM
For those who have purchased the CE, is the bonus chapter really worth the extra bucks? I found it easy but it seems like the bonus chapter is tied into this game, so how tied into it is it?

In 45 min of game play, I'm in chapter two and am not really feeling like it's worth the extra bucks.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on May 22, 10 8:15 AM
This game is a good one but personally, in my opinion only, it is not worth the 20 dollar price. I played the first hour and agree it is better than the first Tarot card game but really ,not in a Collector's Edition league. I have really never used much of the extras in the CE's anyway so I'll wait for the SE to come out. Already, I have many unplayed games on my manager so I'd rather keep the cost down. I'm a SC so have to watch my bucks.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by kodabear14 on May 22, 10 6:47 PM
I cant find out how to unlock the safe in his office
Help me please

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 23, 10 8:26 AM
iamasurvivor wrote:I am stuck in the cellar trying to found all the pieces of the box from the card in the dumbwaiter. I need the last piece on the front side of the box. Does anyone recall where it is? Thx

welcome survivor

if i remember correctly, it was in the lower right hand corner, and i mean LOW and RIGHT... be sure to be on the right "card" when you try to select it, one thing this game will not let you do is select objects from different cards...

good luck

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 23, 10 8:32 AM
joyamlf wrote:Why does the entire game have to load again after purchase? Waited so long for the demo to load, now have to wait a looooong time for the game!! It'll be bedtime before it's done

hi joy and welcome

the game doesn't have to load completely the second time... BFG just has to confirm the purchase and then activate the game on your computer... this should only take a fraction of the time your DL did, depending on your connection... for me, it's usually only a couple of seconds... this all changes, though, if you "trashed" [uninstalled] your game before buying it... then you DO have to DL the whole thing all over again!

good luck and enjoy your game

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 23, 10 8:39 AM
kodabear14 wrote:I cant find out how to unlock the safe in his office
Help me please

hello koda and welcome

the combination to the safe is on the CD you get from his neighbor... when you find the key and get the inkling to go to apt 909, you will find something there you need to deliver to the neighbor and everything will fall into place... unfortunately, these things are usually randomly generated in the game so any combo i gave you probably wouldn't be right...

good luck

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 23, 10 10:07 AM
Well, I went ahead and bought the CE for two reasons: (1) I enjoyed the first game (Tarot Card Mystery) so figured this one would be okay, and (2) I needed 3 more punches to fill out my second card for the month ( ).

It was good, Game play the same, but the puzzles were a bit more difficult. The story was more believable, except, as Govegril said, toward the end, it did seem like they kinda rushed for someway to end it. I took me about 4 hours with no hints and no skipping and no using the walkthrough.

I do like the variety of fracture, silhouette, hidden objects and lots of puzzles. It is unique gameplay.

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 10:08:30 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 23, 10 10:28 AM
Comment deleted by poster as it didn't add anything to review.

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 7:05:33 AM PST

Go to: