Re:Your Comments and Review for Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates

[Post New]by birdlady101 on May 21, 10 12:22 PM
Just finished the demo and will be a buy for me....such a fun one....takes a lot for me to giggle at a game but this one did it! Thanks BFG

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on May 21, 10 1:24 PM
Good quality graphics, enjoyable mini-games, good storyline but terrible choice of music/environment. Worth getting on Daily Deal.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on May 21, 10 1:26 PM
I'm barely getting started and have run into a problem. I need to distract the monkey but the monkey in the box won't work. It has sparkles but won't open. I opened it twice before but now when I don't need it, it won't open.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 21, 10 1:36 PM
Absolutely wonderful game! There isn't a single thing I didn't like about this one. The graphics are awesome and the hidden objects, while not ridiculously easy to find, aren't so tiny and dark that you can't find them. The music is awesome and completely fitting for the time frame. The characters are really interesting and I love the fact that while there is black magic involved, it isn't spooky/evil, etc.

I played the more difficult level and found it to be really simple to figure out what to do. The hint button refreshed quickly if there is ever a problem. I got to the middle of chapter 3 in my hour and considering there are 12 total levels, I think it is a relatively long game. The minigames were unique and fun. The whole storyline is interesting and you feel like there is actually a purpose in what you are doing. Just a fabulous game. Buying it now. Thank you BF!!

muzicgal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by muzicgal on May 21, 10 1:39 PM
This is really a fun game. Not TOO hard, but not really easy either. The mini games are fun and different from the sliders and find the match types in a lot of the hidden object games. There is humor too. I did have to start the second chapter over again when I had to stop playing, and there were some of the same items to find, but some different ones also...which adds to the replay value. Hope the rest of you fishes enjoy it as much as I have.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 21, 10 1:49 PM
OMG--Absolutely wonderful! I'm not given to alot of superlatives, but I'll say that the graphics are excellent, (although I did have to turn up the brightness) there are many, many more puzzles and they are so varied (and unique) I don't remember a single repeat in the bunch; objects were well defined and not small; total game play from start to finish took me six hours using no hints and no skips on puzzles. Storyline is great. So worth the wait. I can't wait to see what is next in store!!! This installment is so much more sophisticated than the first. I am simply blown away.
Five out of five stars.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on May 21, 10 1:59 PM
I just stopped by, (in between chapters), to say that ot has been
a long time since I had so much fun playing an IHOG.
Totally lighthearted approach, no "punishment" for extra clicks,
objects cleverly hidden.
Someone took the extra time not to resort to cheap tricks, but to
produce a quality game.
Graphics are very good to excellent and yes, I am listening to
the music (high volume).
Minigames might be on the easy side, but deffinitelly not
run of the mill, usual fare.
On my books

The scene with cap'n guywood

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on May 21, 10 2:11 PM
muzicgal wrote:This is really a fun game. Not TOO hard, but not really easy either. The mini games are fun and different from the sliders and find the match types in a lot of the hidden object games. There is humor too. I did have to start the second chapter over again when I had to stop playing, and there were some of the same items to find, but some different ones also...which adds to the replay value. Hope the rest of you fishes enjoy it as much as I have.

Does this mean you have to finish each chapter before you can save?

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 21, 10 2:12 PM
Oh yeah--I forgot to mention all the fun with the morphing monkey and "Cap'n "GUY"wood"...truly hilarious!!!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on May 21, 10 2:39 PM
I agree with what everyone else has said. Great graphics! The objects are well hidden. I really like the music. It fits the theme well, even if it is a bit campy. It's nice that they include widescreen options as well as an option to turn on/off the custom cursor. I'm also really glad to see a funny game. I love spooky games, but this is a nice change. I played for about ten minutes before I decided to go ahead and buy it!

The homages to other games/movies are also funny, like the Cap'n. In that scene I had to find a hat that looked suspiciously like the "Sorting Hat" from Harry Potter. I thought that was a nice touch.

sdahldtp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sdahldtp on May 21, 10 2:46 PM
Too funny! Someone has a great sense of humor. I've almost finished this game (nonstop), but will replay it at a slower pace to savor all the fun stuff and take more time with the wide variety of puzzles. Liked it so much I bought the first Robinson Crusoe game to play afterwards. Would love to see more games like this one!

blm50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by blm50 on May 21, 10 2:52 PM
I finished the demo before buying, got so involved I didn't watch the time. Great graphics and I am not having any trouble find anything. I agree that the monkeys reactions are quite amusing. Ok, back to the game. Just stopped by to see what ohters were saying.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on May 21, 10 3:09 PM
WOW. What a fun time I had playing this one. Absolutely loved it. Great humour and graphics and enough of a challenge without being too difficult. Ofcourse I bought it and look forward to the sequel. It's rare I play a game with a smile on my face but there were so many clever things going on. Who ever created this game must have had a lot of fun doing it. This can be played many times just for the visual pleasure. It's a 10 star game for me.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 21, 10 3:26 PM
I think the developers are actually reading what the gamers want,, This game is a prime example ,,The introduction screen at the very beginning is so crisp ,, The characters are fascinating detail ,,you have a lazy mode & a die hard mode ..If you don't feel like trying a puzzle your able to skip ..Hint system is the best I have ever encountered ..With very amusing & colorful like able ,,Pirates ,,Thanks for really paying attention to all the interaction that it has to offer ..I am milking this game right down to the bone ,,cause I don't want it to end ,,,Even if it's on the short side .I don't care ,,I wish more developers would use this game as a example what we really are looking for in a game...not a CE,,a regular IHOG.....Cheers,

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 21, 10 3:41 PM
Great reviews !!!!!

Just dropped in as usual while downloading the game.

What a great surprise with all the terrific reviews.

With all the great info I am ready to purchase unseen.

Thanks to all for taking the time to post and I really appreciate the info.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 21, 10 3:44 PM
paco12348 wrote:I'm barely getting started and have run into a problem. I need to distract the monkey but the monkey in the box won't work. It has sparkles but won't open. I opened it twice before but now when I don't need it, it won't open.
Did you find the handle of the box ? Then it will open and you'll be able to check the monkey's cards.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 21, 10 3:51 PM
Played 15 minutes of the demo and bought it ! Great game, what a change from other boring HOG, a lot of humour too, which is a great +, loved assembling the surgeon's skeleton and dressing him up, the bored look of the cat with a tin tied to his tail was fun too. I loved the graphics, very, very, very nice game. More like this one please.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 21, 10 3:54 PM
re HINT SYSTEM, should be kudoed big time for how you can select the item you wish to highlight. i.e. it isn't random, select any item on the list causing difficulty so you aren't wasting one on something you could probably find taking longer. I usually skip an item and look for it again last before using a hint. So you can get help in any order you wish on the list. Just a nice extra touch.

I didn't find objects toooo teeny to see (my usual complaint when I don't buy) but it's the dark ones fading into background. If that is your problem with faint eyesight try bumping up brightness on your monitor, mine is at 100% bright on pc. It's been set there ever since MCF Huntsville when I discovered many objects, black on black, white on white that I never knew were even there, just memorized the spot on replay. OMG there actually is an object where they were invisible before!!

On the laptop I can tilt the screen forward, back, then see things in top and corners that were faded out dark. It's worth a try to not miss this fun game, and the hints charge fast for what you don't see. I definately would never have seen that bat at the top without a hint.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 21, 10 4:43 PM
I really liked this one and the graphics are some of the best I've ever seen. I loved the humor of the game and the music is a perfect addition-adds to the humor. The monkey is really cute-I love watching him and hearing him! LOL. I'm really pleased with the game and have no complaints at all. It will be a buy for me. for a great game!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 21, 10 4:46 PM
Great game! The first part of the game is one of my favourite hogs and this one is even better, I really like it. A buy for me

Go to: