revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for The Heritage

[Post New]by revbecca on May 22, 10 9:12 PM
Not sure what's wrong with me, but I just didn't like this game at all. I played only a few minutes in and couldn't stand it. I normally don't mind FROGs, but didn't like this one. I usually play the first hour of HOGs and then can hardly wait to buy them, but deleted this one right away. I didn't like the grid that popped up when I clicked on the inventory scroll; it didn't want to disappear when I tried to exit from it. Anyway, it's a good thing there are lots of other good Big Fish options!

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on May 22, 10 10:12 PM
I made it to level 15 before my demo ran out, and I admit it, I just had to buy this one. That being said, if you find a way to chain demos from two companies, do it. The little scenes between the levels are probably the best parts. The ending is good bordering on great. Why not great? The music and sound effects practically drowned out the talking! 3.5 out of 5 at least. Maybe a four. Hmmmm 3.75.

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on May 22, 10 10:15 PM
Although I have enjoyed other FROG games, this one is too simplistc. The pieces are all very obvious; in fact, in most cases I could just click on evey item without even checking the pictures in the list to see what I was supposed to be searching for! As for the puzzles, I do like to have some instruction, although most of them were also easy to figure out.
All in all, in my opinion, it's more like a beginners game, without much to offer experienced Big Fish gamers.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on May 22, 10 11:16 PM
I had the problem with the 1st locket, after I re-did the initial scene it ran fine the rest of the way through.

I liked the game play of this FROG, but the graphics were terrible. it was easy enough though to get through, I just clicked on everything that looked like it didnt belong in the scene. I found it very boring. No story to keep me interested. No reason or logic for doing the tasks. Just not a very sophisticated game. It must be a very short game, I finished 8 of the 20 chapters in the 1 hr.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on May 23, 10 12:05 AM
The frog part wasn't too bad (though, as some have mentioned, you don't even really need to look at the list at first) and I did like going from room to room to finish a level. My issue is with the mini games, which are all over the map. Sure, it's nice to have a good variety, but at least make them fairly equal in difficulty! Whacking bees was fun, but I think a five year old could have successfully finished on the first try. Then we go to a logic puzzle that has me completely confuzzled...then to a five-note Simple Simon puzzle...then "spot the difference" except they don't tell you how many differences there are and the differences are minute and hard to spot.

The graphics in the locket part were really awful, and I'm not sure they're even the same people each time, so maybe I'm missing out on what this story is supposed to be. Frankly, I got bored by the tedium of finding tiny and/or difficult to spot pieces without the "reward" of advancing a good story, so unless there's a Memorial Day sale, I won't be buying this one.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 23, 10 2:10 AM
Doesn't seem a pt to having "options" if they don't work. Music was gawdawful & could NOT be gotten rid of. I hate when a game forces you to "sign in" b4 you can access options when it has loud music blasting, but this one just would not let you turn it down. And I ain't "Scarl", either! There's no need for limitations on a player name. Stupid.

Icky graphix, irksome silhouettes getting in the way, & these devs have no idea how to make a FROG. It should NOT be "click whatever looks out of place & you're done finding pieces". That's lazy. Make an attempt to hide them.

Never got past opening scene. An empty locket opened up after that w/ options of "menu", "back", & "close". So I thunk, well, I wanna see if this dreck gets any better, so I don't want menu yet. Back would seem to take me, um, back. So I picked close & it took me back to the opening scene & wanted a do-over. Buh-bye.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 23, 10 2:45 AM
Played the hour got to chapter 9...did'nt do any thing for me , not my cup of tea , not a buy for me ...but I do hope others enjoy it

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on May 23, 10 3:28 AM
This looked like it may have been promising, but the obvious lack of any real Q&A testing is why I won't be purchasing. How this game actually got released on BFG with these problems is beyond me. This is the sort of quality I would expect on a certain other digital distribution service. Not this one. I'm appalled.

Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ceece on May 23, 10 4:12 AM
Well, Maybe I more of a novice than I thought I was, but I enjoyed the change. The story was okay for what it was, not exciting or anything, but it did provide some curiosity. Mostly I like the change of a "FROG" game (I didn't know what that was either until I read above).

I tried the demo because I wasn't sure whether it the story would be enticing enough, BUT when my hour was up I IMMEDIATELY bought it and "unfortunately" couldn't quit the game until I finished it. I kept thinking I'll stop for tonight after this chapter, and so on until I finished it. The ending was curious, I wasn't sure I was done or not, but according to the story I seemed it was done. Then the screen finally went to what seemed to be the creators or something; possibly leaving a string for a sequel.

I found looking for the pieces challenging for a nice change, and once I got the rhythm of switching back and forth, it was pretty "explanatory". The mini games were good too, but a more obvious instruction of what individual mini's needed would have been nicer.

All in all though, I really enjoyed this game. Thanks BFG!

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on May 23, 10 8:52 AM
For me, it's another one of those "could have been" games...there exists the potential to be a fun, FROG, but alas, was just boring.

The FROG items were way to easy to find, they stood out like a sore thumb, didn't even need to "look" for them, just clicked on anything that stood out.

Hated the sparkle and item sihouette...took all the fun out of trying to discover the correct placement myself.

Never knew the story background of the game, as there was no text and since I'm partially deaf, I rarely have speakers on computer, just segued into the front porch scene. Everytime I clicked the top left section of a screen, in minimalized the game.

What a disappointment.

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on May 23, 10 9:25 AM
I've been in BFG for a while and didn't realize what a FROG was till now....thanks. And I like games that include them. Seems to make some a little more interesting...what ever floats your boat I quess.

bethh
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by bethh on May 23, 10 9:54 AM
Well I played though the game in a very short time which wasn't the problem so much as the fact that my 9yr old also played the game though in less than 2 hours.

The game was so boring and so easy it was painful to complete. I could understand if it had been listed as a kid's game but it wasn't. Please tell me what developer decided that a minigame that consisted of clicking on a handful of bugs to squash them constituted any sort of a GAME to anyone older than 5!

Not only where the minigames to simple and boring the whole **** part of the game was boring. You needed to find 3 of 4 pieces for a handful of items then swap back and forth between 2 locations to obtain the 4th of each item. It took 1 min or so to click on all of the pieces for the first 3/4s since little effort was made to make them hard to find then the rest of the time was taken loading the scenes back and forth to get the final piece. The story line wasn't even interesting.

The art work...well my 9yr old could do better. The images were downright ugly.

Overall the game was a huge disappointment. It could have been a good game with a little more effort on the developers part.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 23, 10 10:56 AM
i will agree with all posters who found the artwork deplorable... i really haven't seen anything this bad in a while...

as for the game itself... i just can't quite find it in me to like it on its own merits... sure it's great for the free hour it takes to get through half the story... it's easy and not all that incredibly mind-numbing... but if you're serious about what games you collect for replaying, what games you pursue to the end for every last little bit you can get out of it - you'll be going to bed hungry tonight! there's just not enough meat here to satisfy...

happy gaming

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 23, 10 11:54 AM
patnsky wrote:
BTW..... hey Terry Mann .. good to see you.

It is

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 23, 10 12:10 PM
bethh wrote: I could understand if it had been listed as a kid's game but it wasn't.

I partially agree and I hope no one will feel upset:
I could have understood too if we are just talking about the difficulty (or to rate it as "for begginers"): I also found it easy.
... but for where the story seemed to be leading I am most glad it was NOT listed as a kid's game. I don't have children myself but I would not like my child (especially if too young) to be playing and feeling happy in a story with these elements. I only did the trial so maybe it led elsewhere, but as far as I played it was not the kind of story I would like my child to interact and have "fun" with.
So I think despite it was very easy for more experienced Fishies, BFG was right in not presenting this as a kid's game.

[Post New]by artbeatofamerica on May 23, 10 12:25 PM
Almost bought this game, but it's now letting me past the first chapter.... I did the beginning 3 times and can't get past it. It keeps sending me back to the beginning.
Well, not buying this one. I've really enjoyed big fish games but this is crazy. I'll keep looking, tx.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on May 23, 10 1:56 PM
I bought , started over 6 times, and now finished this.I'm disappointed it was not longer and it left the story hanging for me. Wish i had bought Crusoe instead.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on May 23, 10 2:16 PM
At first, I thought the game was interesting. I like FROGs, so was happy that this was one. And I thought the story was interesting. At first. After several chapters of play, I found the game very simple and the mini-games far too easy. The Whack A Bee? The hell? That was really quite dumb.

Another thing that irked me, and this just might be me, is the anachronistic dialogue in the locket entries. If as a developer you are deliberately placing the time frame of your game in the past, in this case in the mid to late 1860s, and then including diary-like dialogue, is it really too much trouble to at least keep the language compatible to that time period?

I think if all you are looking for is a game to pass the time without too much of a challenge, then this is probably an acceptable game. Personally, I don't think I'll be buying it because it just wasn't up to par for me. I give it a possible 1/2.

[Post New]by ladyrisque on May 23, 10 4:25 PM
I got through to chapter 14 and almost finished the puzzles when my hour was up. It has an interesting story as i found myself feeling sorry for the husband. It's a good game but it was just too short.

Akamar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Akamar on May 23, 10 5:38 PM
I'm not fond of the pixel hunt. I found the graphics fuzzy, and the music sounded like random MIDI quality scales. :/ I was actually rather relieved when the demo was over. I'll pass.

Go to: