Re:Post any The Heritage technical issues here only

[Post New]by AMERICANESKI on May 22, 10 10:10 AM
I have sent a diagnostic file to from the Dr Felix program. HOpe they can fix this game, I like it and would like to buy it.
Keep gaming fishes and keep those games coming Big Fish.
Thank you

ranger05
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ranger05 on May 22, 10 10:15 AM
I got no sound at all. Some of the puzzles either the help was no help in how to do the puzzle or the help was for the previous puzzle. The puzzle with the horse didn't seem to work right. I got the horse and rider to the end several times before it admitted I had won. If you had to do it a certain number of times it didn't say so.

All my drivers and stuff is upgraded.

There was no explanation of what the story was all about. Weird. The cut scenes in between some chapters didn't help, unless there was supposed to be audio to go with the sceens that scrolled past.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on May 22, 10 10:24 AM
I really enjoy the FROG games! The same thing that happened to others also happened to me. I did the first scene with the door knocker, mailbox, key etc and when finished with that scene it took me to the locket and then back to the beginning. Is it suppose to do this? Did I do something wrong?

shastac2

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on May 22, 10 10:26 AM
ranger05 wrote:I got no sound at all.

Did you check your options? My sound had been turned off at options.

shastac2

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on May 22, 10 10:33 AM
I am having the same problems as Morticia6. Not going to buy this one until its fixed.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on May 22, 10 10:50 AM
Shastac2 wrote:I really enjoy the FROG games! The same thing that happened to others also happened to me. I did the first scene with the door knocker, mailbox, key etc and when finished with that scene it took me to the locket and then back to the beginning. Is it suppose to do this? Did I do something wrong?

shastac2

OK, I went ahead and uninstalled the game and then downloaded it again and this time it is working, so far. I'm only now just beyond that first scene. I'm in the house now.

shastac2

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on May 22, 10 11:09 AM
ranger05 wrote:I got no sound at all. Some of the puzzles either the help was no help in how to do the puzzle or the help was for the previous puzzle. The puzzle with the horse didn't seem to work right. I got the horse and rider to the end several times before it admitted I had won. If you had to do it a certain number of times it didn't say so.

There was no explanation of what the story was all about. Weird. The cut scenes in between some chapters didn't help, unless there was supposed to be audio to go with the sceens that scrolled past.

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on May 22, 10 11:10 AM
I had the same sounds problem. I went into the option menu and noticed the game turned down all of the sound. I turned them up within the option menu and it worked fine. Still weird!

jkberlin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jkberlin on May 22, 10 11:13 AM
I am having the same issues with this game. No sound at first then the music starts later, then leaves again. I also was in the living room and found all fragments but one so thought I would check out the room i just unlocked. I got in there and saw they were different fragments so went back to living room and had to start all over, all my progress was lost. I will uninstall and wait for a fix.

Stoch
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Stoch on May 22, 10 11:17 AM
belamba wrote:I just got to chapter 6, and it took me back to the first scene again :-(( 3rd time now I've had to play this bit. It's to do with closing the locket! That happened at start of game, and now it's happened again. If I play the entire game to chapter 6 I just hope this doesn't happen again. What a pain.....................!

lj_brit
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lj_brit on May 22, 10 11:18 AM
I can now do the first scene almost with my eyes shut. I noticed the technical issues forum was larger than any others, so read those posts while downloading. Believing forewarned is forearmed, I carefully followed the different tips 3 times all to no avail. I have no picture in the locket, etc. etc. I will do a Dr. Felix report, right now I need to go have a little fun with Robinson Crusoe

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on May 22, 10 11:19 AM
My problem is getting the last fragment off of the mouse's head in the study. Every time I try, it sends me to the lounge (with the sofa and deer head). I have clicked myself silly for that last fragment!!

[Post New]by rejoyceangel on May 22, 10 11:23 AM
Im having the same problems..can play the first scene then all of a sudden im right back to the first scene again..will not play till fixed

[Post New]by Sooosan on May 22, 10 11:36 AM
cleric wrote:Just adding my name to the list of people who are having to replay the first scene repeatedly.
I have tried every combination of clicking I can think of, but always get sent back to the start scene with all the objects to find again.

They should rename this game Groundhog Day!

Ditto for me...finish Chapter 1, the locket opens, but there are no pictures in it and when I click close, I am back to square one.

Just tried uninstalling & re-installing, but the problem is still occuring at Chapter 1.

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 11:44:12 AM PST

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on May 22, 10 11:41 AM
okletmewin12 wrote:had no problem with the locket here ... this is what you should do, and if you are doing this and still get kicked back to beginning then sorry if this doesn't help you

when you finish a level and get the locket scene ... don't close right away, wait until the locket OPENS ... then click the close button and you will proceed to the next area ... you have to do this every time you get the locket scene, don't be impatient to get to the next level just wait a few to close after it opens

btw ... you can click on the pics in the open locket before you hit the close button to get more of the story ... interesting story line ... this is going on maybe list

Not quite....I'm on chapter 18--the game just reverted to chapter 1...the locket was there on display and the game kicked me back to the beginning!

It's a shame...it's an excellent game.

This is the second game in a row I've had difficulty with--but no problems for months with other games. I hope the developers send pathches soon for this and for Journalist Journey: Eye of Odin --

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on May 22, 10 11:43 AM
ranger05 wrote:I got no sound at all. Some of the puzzles either the help was no help in how to do the puzzle or the help was for the previous puzzle. The puzzle with the horse didn't seem to work right. I got the horse and rider to the end several times before it admitted I had won. If you had to do it a certain number of times it didn't say so.

Hi:

You actually have to go to options to turn on the music and the sound effects in this game...a little odd, admittedly.

Click on the locket pictures to read the story as it moves along from chapter to chapter-

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by krystlikott on May 22, 10 11:53 AM
This was annoying. No pictures in locket, the close button is red and kicks me back to the opening scene.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on May 22, 10 12:08 PM
The locket issue is fixed and being tested and will be live later today. It wil be flagged in Game Managr as a "Critical Update" and will allow you to upgrade it with a click of the button.

We will post when it is live or you can close and reopen Game Manager and if it is fixed it will notify you i you still have the game installed.

Picman

rpederse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by rpederse on May 22, 10 1:47 PM
picman050967 wrote:The locket issue is fixed and being tested and will be live later today. It wil be flagged in Game Managr as a "Critical Update" and will allow you to upgrade it with a click of the button.

We will post when it is live or you can close and reopen Game Manager and if it is fixed it will notify you i you still have the game installed.

Picman

Thanks for fixing!

[Post New]by Murfee on May 22, 10 1:57 PM
This is not a locket post.... never had an issue with it. I got to the find the differences on the mushrooms, and each time I finish the scene it gives me the fragment, and then goes back as if I hadn't done it. I have tried 5 times and even used the skip button, but it still returns as if not done.

Go to: