Locket Issue Fixed!

Re:Locket Fix coming soon

[Post New]by ktlander on May 23, 10 6:56 AM
I uninstalled, re-downloaded and made sure to get the update - still no luck. I got to the 3rd chapter and the game kicked me back out to the beginning. Just wanted to let you know - hope the fix gets fixed soon.
Thanks

[Post New]by Mpick54 on May 23, 10 7:06 AM
Sunday morning in Michigan and finally the fix showed up on my game manager but it did not make a difference or did not work. I still cant get past the first chapter. I really thought they would figure something out by now. Very frustrating

[Post New]by mg08882 on May 23, 10 8:07 AM
where is the game manager can't seem to find it

[Post New]by Mpick54 on May 23, 10 8:18 AM
Its either on your desktop or hit start programs and look for it there

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on May 23, 10 8:34 AM
kega wrote:I found the update on my game manager. I had to click on the bottom where it sayd "options". Then under updates click "manually". There it was in green "1 update" Clicked on it, and it re downloaded.
Good luck. Yippee!!!

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on May 23, 10 8:40 AM
Well, it's Sunday the 23rd, 11:30 a.m. (EST) and I attempted to play the demo to no avail (Chapter 1 Locket Scene continues its looping). So, I did as you stated; however, when I clicked on 'manually', the message shown was a green check mark with a note stating "no game updates found"!! Although I've been attempting to play the game's demo, I don't think - even if BF fixes the problem - that I will purchase the full version!! Happy IHOGing with this one, my fine finned friends!!

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 8:42:44 AM PST

Cala4Lily
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Cala4Lily on May 23, 10 8:55 AM
Well, this is extremely disappointing and annoying. I used up 10 minutes of the trial version before checking the forums and discovering it wasn't just me. I waited for the "fix" which I updated this morning and then wasted another 5 minutes of the free version because the "fix" does not work either.

I am very disappointed in BFG that 1. this game was released with a major bug such as this and no one discovered it before and 2. that they give a "fix" that doesn't work! Do they not check to make sure things work? This looks like it could be a cool game but at this point I am just uninstalling and forgetting. Unless they give this one away for free I will definitely NOT waste my money.

I wonder how long before an actual working fix is released. So sad for this game since it will most likely lose a lot of potential buyers (such as myself) because of the release of such a buggy version.

tjmuse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by tjmuse on May 23, 10 9:46 AM
I downloaded it just now and wasted 15 minutes of the trial not being able to get past the locket. I too thought it was just me until I came to read the forum. BFG should be ashamed of themselves for releasing this game like this. I sure will not buy the game now.

Ukiah
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Ukiah on May 23, 10 9:59 AM
The update is available now.

Ukiah

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 23, 10 10:00 AM
I downloaded yesterday, played past the first locket and so far so good, but reading about all the problems, I would expect that I will be kicked back to the beginning shortly. I was going to continue playing this one and then go back to Robinson Crusoe...which I really like, by the way...but figured this one would be better played first, as supposedly it is not better than Crusoe, lol. But now I reckon I will wait until a real fix is in. Little Noir Stories never did get fixed.

Kanithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Kanithia on May 23, 10 10:29 AM
I have bought this game and was enjoying it immensly when I got to Chapter 18...and the locket took me back to Chapter 1!!!! Please fix this ASAP! I have to find out what happens!!!!!

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 23, 10 10:30 AM
Hey Fishies!

We're still working on the issue that boots you back to Chapter 1. Not to worry, we'll definitely post an announcement when we have more information to report or when a new update is here. Thanks so much for your continued patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks again everyone!

-bfgZambezi

BellaGirl27
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Locket Fix coming soon

[Post New]by BellaGirl27 on May 23, 10 10:30 AM
picman050967 wrote:The locket issue is fixed and being tested and will be live later today. It will be flagged in Game Manager as a "Critical Update" and will allow you to upgrade it with a click of the button.

We will post when it is live or you can close and reopen the Game Manager and if it is fixed it will notify you if you still have the game installed.

Picman

i just demo'd this on May 23rd after (which is after your above post) and it still keeps re-starting the 1st chapter. And I did have a picture in the locket and read the story about the memory, then it went right back.

Essie422
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Essie422 on May 23, 10 10:40 AM
The "fix it" did not work. Still doing the same thing. After running the fix it, even uninstalled it and re-downloaded and it still doesn't work!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 23, 10 10:46 AM
If you'll scroll up just a couple of posts (to the yellow one), you'll see that the fix we manually checked for and downloaded is not the fix we're waiting for. They will release it when it's ready, AND they'll let us know for certain when it's time.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have a thorough examination of the problem than to slap a bandaid on it and hope it goes away. Kudos to for taking the time to get it right.

[Post New]by ltorza on May 23, 10 11:27 AM
Ok so I found the game update in Game Manager and went and played the first seen for like the 10th time and was hoping that I would be into the 2nd scene and you could imagine how frustrated I got when again I was put right back into the first scened! I even paid for this game!
URGH

Ukiah
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Ukiah on May 23, 10 11:40 AM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

We're still working on the issue that boots you back to Chapter 1. Not to worry, we'll definitely post an announcement when we have more information to report or when a new update is here. Thanks so much for your continued patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks again everyone!

-bfgZambezi

Hmmm....perhaps it would have been a good thing to explain the update that was released, since I assumed that it was addressing your stat issue. I immediately started playing again, but I'm glad I checked in before my game got wiped out again.

I would have been more than a tad annoyed, had that happened.

Ukiah

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on May 23, 10 11:49 AM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

Thanks again everyone!

-bfgZambezi

You know that is really nice, but useless. I don't have enough time left on my demo to know if you are lying or telling the truth when you say it is "fixed." I know harsh words. Am I going to apologize for them? No. The quality control on this particular game was a farce. Patience? All gone. Inconvenience? You betcha.

I have been with Felix for a long time and I have been through some game oops fiascos but this is the worst SNAFU I have ever seen. The first chapter? What? The testers just saw that the game opened and figured that was enough?

Ivonova
Time for an attitude check. Highly.....liquid waste matter!

[Post New]by laurenes on May 23, 10 11:56 AM
Downloaded the update and it still doesn't work. Takes me to the Chapter 1 screen and won't go any further. If I save and exit, it doesn't save, just takes me right back to the beginning of the game. I would like to buy this game, but won't waste my money on it the way it is now.

[Post New]by LickleOne on May 23, 10 11:56 AM
This is crap... can't get past chapter one still, they should remove the game until they have the solution cause no where when you buy it does it say there is a problem, only after you buy it and try to play it and can't get past chapter 1 do you come looking ...

*sigh* that was $8 down the tube!!! not happy at all

To keep the game up for sale when they know there is an issue should not be allowed specially with no warning that it doesn't work...

Will definatly be thinking twice before downloading a game from this site again which is sad as been giving them my money for years

Go to: