Good Game?

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

Re:Good Game?

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 25, 10 10:47 AM
I knew there was something familiar about this game! Legend of the Crystal Valley, of course! No, I am not going to buy Hotel. Did not care much for Crystal Valley, was unable to watch the final due to a glitch and I was not going to uninstall and install the game just for the end. I demoed Hotel and uninstalled about 20 minutes. The graphics looked to me unfinished, like something was left at the ink pot, and the story..frankly, not very interesting, starting with the rude detective. Happy gaming to those who decided to play.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 25, 10 12:23 PM
ihateshopping wrote:It WOULD be a great game, if it worked.

Already jumped through all the hoops (uninstall/reinstall 5 times, uninstall/reinstall Flash & Shockwave, updated DirectX, checked for drivers, made sure I met the minimum system requirements, emailed Customer Service) and still crashes, like many, MANY games have, lately.
Unfortunately BFG does not list the "Dedicated video card memory" in the System Requirements for games. They do list the RAM required but not the video card memory. Not having enough video card memory is usually the problem if the game won't play and your computer meets all of the other system requirements.

I started having exactly the same problems with games and so i bought a video card on Amazon for $50 with 256MB of memory and installed it in my computer. Before I only have a video chip set on my mother board and it only had 64MB of memory. Now with the new $50 video card all of the new games that I could not play before work great.

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on May 25, 10 8:05 PM
LizzieK wrote:I started having exactly the same problems with games and so i bought a video card on Amazon for $50 with 256MB of memory and installed it in my computer. Before I only have a video chip set on my mother board and it only had 64MB of memory. Now with the new $50 video card all of the new games that I could not play before work great.

Same here... all I had for years was the video chip set that came standard on my 2004 desktop. There were a few games (Lost in the City, for example) that I couldn't play even though I met the listed requirements on the Big Fish site. I eventually got a $50 graphics card at Best Buy with 512MB of memory, and those "unplayable" games work fine now. That's not to say that I haven't ever purchased games with serious glitches before, and I do understand the frustration when something major comes along that you expect testers to have discovered. But if you're having consistent problems with games that many people have no problems with--this game never crashed or did anything weird for me--then if you don't already have a dedicated graphics card, that might be the problem.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on May 27, 10 6:58 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game - not overly intense. Puzzles were not outrageously hard, but challenging enough. Good game.

[Post New]by Caymom on May 27, 10 10:32 AM
Yes, i think this is a good game! I really enjoyed it. Good story. Wish the game was longer, .

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Good Game?

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 1, 10 1:39 AM
[
Why wait for a review just to try it? The trial period is free, and you can decide for yourself if it's the kind of game you like. I do like reading other user's reviews, but I'll still give it a free trail if I think it might be interesting. After all, the Delete trashcan is always avaiable if I decide it just doesn't suit me.

well usually i would just trial myself, but as this game didnt have the best reviews, and i was already d/l'ing a game, i wanted to hear some more reviews. also it uses up my monthly usage and i dont want to keep trying games, if they aren't going to be that good. but since there have been some better reviews on here, from my thread, i will prob go ahead and demo it now.

Go to: