Cryst1781
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Hotel

[Post New]by Cryst1781 on May 23, 10 4:25 PM
Sherlock57 wrote:I enjoyed this game up until Biggi hooked the digital camera to her laptop. After that I could not go any futher. I closed the game and started again at the beginning, because I didn't get to save my progress. I got back to the same part, and it happened again. I had some kind of message in the taskbar, but couldn't open it. I really liked the game, but don't want to buy it, if I can't play pass this point. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am having the same problem, I have just been wandering aimlessly around the hotel, hoping something more will happen, but nothing at all....can anyone recommend what to do??? So far, I love this game but it is frustrating that I can't go further.

Your Comments and Review for Hotel

[Post New]by carolregister on May 23, 10 5:16 PM
I can't say anything about the game because I haven't been able to play it. I can't get pass the title "Hotel" and when I press new game, it goes to the loading sight again. It shuts off and then tells me how many minutes I have left. I've downloaded it twice, and nothing helps. I need help!!!!

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 5:21:22 PM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 23, 10 11:39 PM
contact Big Fish support, they will help you.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on May 24, 10 1:46 AM
I downloaded and played the game yesterday (I love adventures and had a game credit to use, too). I really liked the game, even though it did take me ages to figure out some things (how to open my own guest room was the first, until I went back down and opened that cupboard behind the registration desk). Still, the story was good, the graphics were okay (I found the low-res cutscenes in the game a bit disappointing, as the intro is high-res) and the controls worked well. The hint button which gives you the hot spots came in useful for me some times, but I would have found my way around without it, too. Apart from the glitch at the end of the conversation with Theresa, I found no technical problems at all (and I solved that glitch by pressing space, so not trouble at all) and the game was fair right up to the end. No dying just because you walk into the wrong place - I hate adventures which do that to you.

So I'd say it's a good adventure for people who like exploring a castle (and an old village), talking to characters and are not afraid of a few ghosts and other paranormal topics.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 24, 10 2:03 AM
OMG - just finished the demo and would love to buy it. However, there are so many technical glitches and flaws that I'm going to wait until the developer cleans up this mess and gives us a new version. The rush by developers to get games out to the marketplace is, unfortunately, resulting in a slew of "bad" games. I'm left wondering if this game and others are actually played and checked for errors before releasing. What a shame! Developers - how about putting some quality control back into the process!!!

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on May 24, 10 5:39 AM
The game was rigorously tested many many times on a lot of different machines, but you cant compare that to an actual release where the game plays on thousands of different computers. errors are bound to show up. But don't worry, we're working round the clock to address those issues!

[Post New]by oldspice3 on May 24, 10 7:56 AM
I got the game on Sunday and finished 10 mins ago, great game, had a couple of clitches but I resolved them, this is my kind of game and wish there were more like this, puzzels are good and not too taxing on the old grey matter, even for an OAP like me. More like this please please, love it.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Had enough in ten minutes

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 24, 10 9:39 AM
Glad so many are enjoying this. I found this game a bore. And I really didn't like having to "move" the character around. Maybe I tried this in the wrong mood but it's a By the way, just once I'd like a gamemaker to have a smart strong woman who had actual fat on her. This girl looks like she's in high school--but she is referred to as "the best we've got." Oh well, I can always replay Murder She Wrote!

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 24, 10 10:45 AM
As a "plus-sizer" myself, I'm pretty sure I could not crawl down the tunnels, climb the ladders. or climb in high windows. I'd probably still be stuck in that window with my rear waving at the world! Give me a younger agile heroine for the action games. If I want to see a fat old lady, I will look in the mirror!

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on May 24, 10 10:59 AM
We at Cateia don't like having young, half naked heroines, we think that the perfect choice for a main character in this game is a normally clothed woman in her thirties.
I dont't think Bridget is skinny, she's just right

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on May 24, 10 11:12 AM
oldspice3 wrote:I got the game on Sunday and finished 10 mins ago, great game, had a couple of clitches but I resolved them, this is my kind of game and wish there were more like this, puzzels are good and not too taxing on the old grey matter, even for an OAP like me. More like this please please, love it.

I am in complete agreement; this was a great game!
I would love to have more like this.

[Post New]by chanse18 on May 24, 10 1:22 PM
Bought the game and cannot finish. Game freezes during the conversation with Teresa. Started game over twice now and not going through it again. Very disappointing. Never happened to me before.

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 24, 10 1:27 PM
Hi chanse18. Try hitting the space bar.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 24, 10 1:32 PM
Hi fishies!

If you are having technical issues, feel free to post in the technical issues thread so that this thread can be used for Comments and Reviews.

If you are experiencing crashes, freezing or a blank screen it may help to check for some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. Sometimes these can fix common display issues and are almost always free! Here is a link to our help article with more information.

Display Issues

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 24, 10 1:34 PM
kspes wrote:The game was rigorously tested many many times on a lot of different machines, but you cant compare that to an actual release where the game plays on thousands of different computers. errors are bound to show up. But don't worry, we're working round the clock to address those issues!

First of all , who are you anyway? You don't identify yourself as working for the developer or BFG, as those people have done in the past. Second, you mention that they were tested on many different machines. Are you referring to different OS such as XP, Vista and Windows 7? Sure there may be errors cropping up from time to time because of problem with an individual's computer but not to the extent that's been going on with this game. I still maintain that developers are releasing games well before they are thoroughly tested for bugs. And I have never seen it to the degree that's been happening lately!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 24, 10 2:06 PM
WOW today this forum is soooo informative for me. The great reviews are so helpful.

I am a HOG fan but I have been purchasing more and more adventure games but I just dont get it LOL

From your informative reviews this sounds like a game I might learn how to really play these adventure games. LOL

Have a great day

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on May 24, 10 3:20 PM
just finish hotel.once i got use to moving her an picking objects up,it played with no problems.good game.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on May 24, 10 4:54 PM
I would have liked this game, but found it to difficult to move around. I uninstalled it after 12 minutes.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 24, 10 5:07 PM
OregonPandora wrote:As a "plus-sizer" myself, I'm pretty sure I could not crawl down the tunnels, climb the ladders. or climb in high windows. I'd probably still be stuck in that window with my rear waving at the world! Give me a younger agile heroine for the action games. If I want to see a fat old lady, I will look in the mirror![/quote

Thanks for the laugh Oregon--ditto for me

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on May 24, 10 9:20 PM
Wow, some really helpful reviews here. I just finished my hour-really had problems before I came here and figured out how to pick things up This is a nice change of pace from what been coming out on BF lately, and I like the hint feature-I'm one of those people who gets frustrated wandering around in adventure games. Totally buying.

Go to: