jmfarley
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Hotel technical issues here only

[Post New]by jmfarley on May 23, 10 4:55 PM
I cannot use the phone. I have tried two things: double clicking on the phone, and clicking on the hand symbol that shows up when I hover the mouse over the phone.

Can I only use the phone at certain times, or only when it rings?

Thanks!!

anerims
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by anerims on May 23, 10 4:59 PM
I'm also having the same problem as others. When I click to start game, it then says "location downloading" and then kicks me back to the game manager. Been playing demos all day without any problems with other games. I've also installed and reinstalled this game. This problem uses up demo time before I can ever play this game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 23, 10 5:00 PM
jmfarley wrote:I cannot use the phone. I have tried two things: double clicking on the phone, and clicking on the hand symbol that shows up when I hover the mouse over the phone.

Can I only use the phone at certain times, or only when it rings?

Thanks!!
You are correct. You can only use the phone when it is appropriate and necessary in the game play. It will either ring or the game dialogue will tell you to call someone.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on May 23, 10 5:04 PM
dcairns wrote:My game keeps freezing when she meets the dectective in the hallway and he says he has solved the case.

They walk off together and it says 5 minutes later and I get nothing - just blackness! I have tried 3 times to close game (after the first time I had to play 15 minutes of the game I had already completed because it wasn't saved), but it keeps freezing at the same spot!

HELP!!![/quote

I am having this exact problem my PC crashed went to a black screen and I had to turn off the power to it to re boot Im so glad you put this up because I was thinking it was a virtual memory problem .I had to boost my VM up to play dead time stories and it worked fine but I dont think I can boot it any more Im afraid if i do my PC will get stuck in stupid and tun into a rock so Im now thinking its just a problem with the game thank you

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on May 23, 10 5:06 PM
ivanbral wrote:
sciencenerdp wrote:my game crashed as well, but for me it was after talking to the sister (theresa) in front of the church at the graveyard. Totally frozen. will have to restart.

when this happens on the graveyard, just press "space" key on your keyboard. the game will resume like nothing happen.

Im having simular problems and the space bar did nothing I had to turn off the power on the computer ,now im afraid to play it

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on May 23, 10 5:39 PM
Same problem as many others, game won't start!!!!!!!!! Tried the Help Pages, nothing there to help though, guess we'll give this one a miss

[Post New]by bLuemeLody215 on May 23, 10 6:02 PM
I was all the way to the graveyard, the game crashed, and although I had saved several times since, when I restarted I was thrown all the way back to before I opened the barrel with the axe! I really don't even want to replay the entire game now. Very upset.

[Post New]by happyjackie69 on May 23, 10 11:08 PM
chrsb70 wrote:When talking to the sister in the Templar Cemetery, I got a "not found" error, and was unable to do anything beyond that. The options on the bottom of the screen are gone, and no Fkeys work to get menus.

I had to to force quit the game through task manager in order to exit.

Same thing happened to me too!!

[Post New]by The_Darkside_80 on May 23, 10 11:19 PM
I can't even download the trial for this game or any game on BigFish to begin with. Whenever I click on download, it has a notification that this game is a Binary File and it asks if I want to save this Binary File. What on earth is a Binary File and why am I getting this notification every time I click on "Try it"?

[Post New]by princesscajun on May 23, 10 11:49 PM
My game keeps freezing when she meets the dectective in the hallway and he says he has solved the case.

They walk off together and it says 5 minutes later and I get nothing - just blackness! I have tried 3 times to close game (after the first time I had to play 15 minutes of the game I had already completed because it wasn't saved), but it keeps freezing at the same spot!

HELP!!![/quote

I am having this exact problem my PC crashed went to a black screen and I had to turn off the power to it to re boot Im so glad you put this up because I was thinking it was a virtual memory problem .I had to boost my VM up to play dead time stories and it worked fine but I dont think I can boot it any more Im afraid if i do my PC will get stuck in stupid and tun into a rock so Im now thinking its just a problem with the game thank you

I tried the suggested solution something to do with open GL but my picture ended up sideways it worked but i had major problems trying to play a game when the pic is sideways....

PLEASE FIX as there are quite a few of us with this error

[Post New]by geoblue on May 24, 10 9:12 AM
When talking to Theresa on the cemetery I get a <"not found> line and can't end the conversation. With space I can continue and get "wisdom". Only when I return to Theresa she is stuck in the first conversation and I won't meet Cleopatra. So at this point the game is over for me.. Very annoying!!

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 24, 10 9:16 AM
geoblue wrote:When talking to Theresa on the cemetery I get a <"not found> line and can't end the conversation. With space I can continue and get "wisdom". Only when I return to Theresa she is stuck in the first conversation and I won't meet Cleopatra. So at this point the game is over for me.. Very annoying!!

actually no! you don't need to talk to Theresa about next quest. you need to talk to her sister - Veronica. She is by that dead tree on the graveyard - she'll take you to visit Cleopatra.
you'll need Theresa later, for the final task.

[Post New]by geoblue on May 24, 10 9:57 AM
Thanks! Now I can move on. Let's hope that later on I have no such trouble.

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MacLaura on May 24, 10 11:11 AM
got to the end puzzle - using the spacebar workaround to get out of the game freeze at the initial cemetary chat

And after it cut away (auto cut) to the ritual room - the game started freezing and then crashed my entire PC

I'll try once more - if it freezes again - have to give it up even if it is at the veyr end.

A shame the game doesn't seem to be thoroughly debugged as it is a very nice original story line and pure adventure light.

I am actually surprised at this as the devleopers have a decent track record with their last game.

Basement - "not found" error

[Post New]by Notenoughfish on May 24, 10 11:14 AM
First time in the Basement. After cut scene and uncovering Templar rose. Standing in front of the wine collection. When I click at the lower right of the screen to move away, the following error message appears at the top of the page.
<'RO_BACK_TO_TABLE' not found> This doesn't seem to affect action in the game since I am able to walk elsewhere in the room and exit the room.

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on May 24, 10 12:02 PM
Grrrr!!!! I could scream! After playing (and purchasing for 1+ hours)...I tried to save the game and ended up at the very beginning! Then when I entered my room, there was no suitcase or laptop in my inventory!!! She is carrying the suitcase. The only thing in the inventory is the hotel momento! What the heck?! What am I supposed to do now????

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 24, 10 12:16 PM
BabyNurse123 wrote:Grrrr!!!! I could scream! After playing (and purchasing for 1+ hours)...I tried to save the game and ended up at the very beginning! Then when I entered my room, there was no suitcase or laptop in my inventory!!! She is carrying the suitcase. The only thing in the inventory is the hotel momento! What the heck?! What am I supposed to do now????

seems like you accidentally load game instead of saving it. there is no other explanation for this.
use F2 key or Save Game menu every 10-15 minutes.

[Post New]by PENwBSN on May 24, 10 1:08 PM
My game keeps freezing at the fountain just after entering the castle. I've tried many times to reload, etc. I'm not into trying to solve technical problems when wanting to play a game. I would like for them to work when they are released. Thanks.

Edited on 05/24/2010 at 1:10:27 PM PST

[Post New]by nightwish43 on May 24, 10 1:17 PM
The game will not start. I click on new game, and straight away it takes me back to the game manager with a minute of my demo time.
I have XP prof. as OPsystem.

[Post New]by Sharon2010 on May 24, 10 2:21 PM
"by dcairns on May 23, 10 8:25 AM
My game keeps freezing when she meets the dectective in the hallway and he says he has solved the case."

The message I after alt+tab is this:

"An error has occurred on your display card, please re-launch the game. (You will be prompted to change display settings before the game is launched again.)
It appears to be a DirectX error, you can try choosing OpenGL rendering system in the settings menu.
DETAILS:
OGRE EXCEPTION(3 enderingAPIException):Failed to DrawPrimitive: Invalid call in D3D9RenderingSystem::_render at..\src\OgreD3D9RenderSystem.cpp (line 2912)"

Hope this helps fix the problem - it's really frustrating to have paid for a game that keeps shutting me down!

Go to: