Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by littleqt1 on Dec 31, 17 5:52 PM
I'm running on Windows 10. I am getting a black screen with the cursor. The game was working fine until I bought the game and started level 7, got maybe half way through the level that's when it stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, updated everything and nothing has resolved the problem. I would really like to continue playing or get my money back. Very disappointed.

[Post New]by gamegoodfun on Jan 1, 18 1:56 PM
I'm running on a Mac. Had no problems at all playing any of the levels, finished everything with 3 stars using normal mode. It won't let me into the bonus levels. Says I have to complete the main level first...which I did.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 2, 18 4:32 PM
Hi littleqt1 and gamegoodfun,

I'm sorry to hear there have been display issues and progression issues with the game. It may help out to try some of the tips mentioned earlier in the thread to see if they'll help get things working better. In case they help, here are some links to those troubleshooting steps:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates
Mac Game Troubleshooting
Screen Resolution

If troubleshooting does not resolve these issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They can offer additional assistance, including replacement games when appropriate, and also help collect information helpful when passing along reports of issues players have run into.

Please feel free to contact me or another Moderator by PM if there are lingering questions. We'll be happy to do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Jan 3, 18 7:44 PM
Unable to access bonus levels. I have completed each level with at least 1 star in normal mode.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 4, 18 2:59 AM
Holy cow! I got a long list of error messages having to do with monitor resolution.
I'd never seen that before!!

Example:
Couldnt run something something...
switching to resolution (something? lets call it X)
switching to resolution x

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 4, 18 11:47 AM
Hello gamenotworking and Yaelle,

It sounds like there's trouble accessing the bonus levels, and that resolution error messages have come up when playing the game. Let's see if we can get things working better.

For progression issues, a good general starting place is making sure the game has the permissions it needs for its files to work correctly. Steps for this can be found here:

When that doesn't fix a progression issue, sometimes the next best step is to try a new profile in case something went wrong with the save file of the original profile that prevented progress in the game. This is not an ideal solution, and I certainly understand if it's one players would prefer not to try.

As for the resolution issues you've run into, Yaelle, I noticed that similar errors were also mentioned in one of your posts on another game. I would recommend checking for video card driver updates to see if something has gone wrong with the drivers for the computer's video card. It may also be that the current screen resolution settings for the computer are not something easily handled by our games. Adjusting the resolution may also help. Steps for these options can be found here:

Video Driver Updates
Screen Resolution

Should the issues persist after trying these steps, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. Our Moderators are also available by PM to answer any lingering questions. We're always happy to help.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 01/04/2018 at 11:47:38 AM PST

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Jan 4, 18 2:21 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hello gamenotworking and Yaelle,

I use a Mac to running - I use the admin profile all ready

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Jan 4, 18 3:14 PM
gamenotworking wrote:
bfgArinelle wrote:Hello gamenotworking and Yaelle,

I use a Mac to running - I use the admin profile all ready

bfgArinelle

I replayed the last level and then walked away from the computer giving the animation and the credits time to complete then I was able to access the bonus game.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 7, 18 12:57 PM
Hey gamenotworking,

Thanks so much for the update on what worked for you to access the bonus game on your Mac! Hopefully that information will come in handy for other players. Hope you're enjoying the bonuses!

bfgArinelle

xraiderfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by xraiderfan on Jan 7, 18 7:48 PM
I can't get to the bonus level. I even let the credits run through several times. HELP!!!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 8, 18 1:22 PM
Hi xraiderfan,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble accessing the bonus levels. If the tips from gamenotworking did not get things working better, we can also try running the game as an Administrator to make sure the game's files have all the permissions they need to work correctly. Steps for this can be found here:

If this does not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. You may also PM me or another Moderator with any remaining questions. We'll do our best to help.

bfgArinelle

AndaO
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by AndaO on Jan 9, 18 11:53 AM
This game will not load. I bought it straight out since I love Viking Brothers.

I have submitted "help" requests through that system. I have sent additional emails.

I am getting NO replies. I have an incident number. [Incident: 686442]

I tried the "play" option, thinking maybe I could sneak in a "buy" after the trail period. I did not care if it cost more money thinking BigFish would eventually make it good.
No luck.

I keep being told I have no internet connection. Yet, here I am.

The last time I tried to go through channels you all required me to "verify" by picking matching pictures of cars: OF WHICH NONE OF THEM MATCHED!!!

I have been a member since 2009. I have bought or used credits for ~ 400 games.

I am feeling ignored. This is NOT good customer service.

Would someone please help me resolve my problem.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 9, 18 1:53 PM
Hey AndaO,

It sounds like there is trouble downloading and installing this game. Based on what's been described (the part about it saying there's no internet connection), it sounds like you may be seeing an error 1400. The following link has more information about that particular error, if you'd like to take a look:

Errors 1400, 1401, 1402, and 1404

Some of the additional troubleshooting steps for this error is best done by email with our Technical Support Team, so I would encourage working with them to get this issue corrected. We can, however, try one additional troubleshooting step. Sometimes it can help to run the Big Fish Games app itself as an Administrator when downloading and installing games. We can borrow steps from the Game Not Saving article to get this done. Please take a look at the following link:

Run the Big Fish Games app as an Administrator

If this doesn't fix it up, please continue working with our Technical Support Team. One of our Reps will be in touch as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience. You can also PM me or another Moderator with any remaining questions. We'll do whatever we can to help.

bfgArinelle

AndaO
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by AndaO on Jan 9, 18 2:43 PM
thank you. but you seem to have totally missed the part that the technical help email people were NOT helping me at all.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 9, 18 3:27 PM
Hi AndaO,

I apologize if my previous message was unclear. If a response has not yet been received at all from our Technical Support Team, we appreciate your continuing patience while awaiting a reply. Our Reps are working hard to get back to our players as quickly as possible. If you've tried the steps from my previous message, it can help to send a reply to the most recent email in your inbox to update your request with the new information about what's been tried.

I hope this helps clear things up. Please feel free to PM me with any other questions. I'll be happy to assist however I can.

bfgArinelle

xraiderfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by xraiderfan on Jan 10, 18 6:56 PM
I tried to run the game as an administrator, and complained to tech support. They sent me right back here. They did give me a coupon (but not for a collector's edition) but... they sent me right back here. And it took 3 days to hear from them.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 12, 18 5:59 PM
Hello xraiderfan,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm glad to hear the game was replaced. Sometimes, when our Support Team directs players to the forums, it's because they haven't had an opportunity to play the game or want to player to know where the announcement about a issue-fixing update will be posted. I apologize sincerely that the suggestion wasn't helpful and appreciate that the time was taken to provide feedback about the process. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if questions or concerns arise in the future; we'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgBeruna

ISSUES for Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by smittygirl on Jan 12, 18 11:04 PM
Finished the game, but can't find chipmaster levels. Also, when trying to access bonus levels, it says I need to finish the main adventure. Tech Support, please address this issue! Several have posted the same problems!
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, if so, please advise!
The only reason I choose collector's editions is for the extra levels, certainly not for wallpapers and strategy guides (I like to figure things out on my own), so these problems need to be addressed!

[Post New]by bgoldnyxnet on Jan 19, 18 11:41 AM
I'm finding that sometimes after I finish an episode, it presents me with the same episode again, instead of taking me to the next episode.

Then I have to go to the main menu, to the map, then find the next episode, click on it, and at last click "Play".

Not a complete playstopper, but annoying.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 19, 18 5:11 PM
Hello smittygirl and bgoldnyxnet,

First, please allow me to welcome bgoldnyxnet to the forums. I'm swimming over to provide some troubleshooting help.

I definitely understand buying a Collector's Edition to play the game's bonus content and am sorry there's been trouble unlocking the extra levels. It's possible that this is a progression block, so I'd recommend checking to see that the computer's video card driver is up to date. I'd also running the game with administrator permissions. Both processes will improve how the game runs; instructions for each can be found in the help pages below:

Update your video card driver
Run game as administrator

If these suggestions don't unlock the bonus content, please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance.

Thanks so much for your patience. I wish you both the best of luck and invite you to PM me or another moderator if new questions ever arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: