kfitzzy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Updated! New version of The Heritage available now!

[Post New]by kfitzzy on May 25, 10 6:42 AM
I got to level 12 when the locket showed up I clicked on the locket to see the story line, when I returned to locket I was at chapter 1again and it froze up on me. I purchased this game and now I am upset.... BIGFISH has never had an issue like this before. I have uninstalled this 2 times and gotten all the updates and still doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ruthie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ruthie39 on May 25, 10 7:24 AM
I have found if a game I purchased ends up not working and I contact BFG, they will promtly refund the credit and usually add another credit for the inconvenience. But you have to let them know. You get a lot more flies with honey

[Post New]by smcy08 on May 25, 10 7:25 AM
Sometimes things don't work out as planned, that doesn't mean you should get something free. They're already letting you try all of these games for free, and when you choose to buy a game you get it for $6.99 with no commitment to buy more. They're trying to fix the bugs, be patient. It is just a game, the world will not end if you have to wait a while to play it. If it turns out that it will never work then you can ask for your money back. Send in the information you can so they can try to pinpoint the problems quicker and fix them.

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 9:17:35 AM PST

momof33
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by momof33 on May 25, 10 7:38 AM
smcy08 wrote:Sometimes things don't work out as planned, that doesn't mean you should get something free. They're already letting you try all of these games for free, and when you choose to buy a game you get it for $6.99 with no commitment to buy more. They're trying to fix the bugs, be patient. It is just a game, the world will not end if you have to wait a while to play it. If it turns out that it will never work then you can ask for your money back. Send in the information you can so they can try to pinpoint the problems quicker and fix them.

WELL SAID!!!!!!! KUDOS TO YOU

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 9:18:03 AM PST

terri88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by terri88 on May 25, 10 7:41 AM
have reinstalled game and it now freezes and still doesnt get past level 1 please sort this

Essence53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Essence53 on May 25, 10 8:08 AM
've deleted and re installed. Now it freezes up at the locket in chapter 1 !!! Doesn't allow you to close it, or go to menu, not even back to chapter 1.

klyra
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by klyra on May 25, 10 8:51 AM
Got up this morning to find the newest update. Updated and ran the game. Worse than before. When I got to the locket, I couldn't close the locket, couldn't go to the main menu. The help button worked but just sent me back to the closed locket that then opened and wouldn't close when I hit the close button. Tried to escape the darn game and got back to my desktop but couldn't get the game to close. Had to reboot the system. I'm very disappointed. I've been a big supporter of BFG pretty much since the beginning. Even bought my PC because I'm a MAC person but love the games and more are produced for a PC than MAC. I used one of my last remaining game credits to buy this game as I'm recently laid off and living on a budget. $6.99 used to be no big deal but is now as the savings account dwindles. So I hope you fix it soon otherwise that money is down the drain.

bonny1957
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bonny1957 on May 25, 10 8:52 AM
Same as everyone else. On the original verision if I went to half screen I made it to chapter 3 but it was so small I couldn't see. Once the locket came up after chapter 3 I was back to chapter 1. I deleted and reinstalled the update and cannot get past chapter 1. Please send an email when it is fixed it looks like it would be a good game if you can get the bugs out.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 25, 10 9:01 AM
Hey Fishies,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to everyone regarding the problems with this game. The newest version of "The Heritage" was tested in house and resolved the issue on our end, but unfortunately from the posts in this thread, it's clear that there are a number of users who are still having trouble with this game.

There were two critical updates that were released yesterday and it may be possible that the newest update for this game may not have populated your Game Manager. If you'd like to check to see if there are any waiting updates, it's possible to do this in your Game Manager Options section.

To check manually for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

If you do have the most recent update and the game still doesn't work, Customer Support can help. We know that it can be frustrating when a game doesn't work, so if you'd like to know why the version of your game is not working for you, we urge you to contact Customer Support for further assistance. If you'd like to help us out even further, you can send us a Dr. Felix report so we can better isolate the problem.

Thanks so much for your patience and once again we apologize for the inconvenience.

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by evanskl on May 25, 10 9:02 AM
Samething here......still can't get pass chapter 1.....and the only way out is ctrl-alt-delete!

Looks like a good game IF it every got running.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 25, 10 9:14 AM
jkjmd03 wrote:I cannot believe the audacity of bfg to ask us to send them information about our systems...obviously the error is on bfg and needs to be fixed from their end...i have been a loyal customer for quite a long time and it seems as if they don't care about their customers anymore...why continue to release games that don't work??? why say they are fixed when they are not??? I am a doctor and would never tell people "
oh, try it now, maybe it will work"...I am NOT a computer programmer and would never claim to be one .. SNIP....

I'm sorry you're so upset about how this is being handled by Big Fish. As for the audacity of BF asking us to send them information about our systems, if they don't know how the game acts on our particular system, how do you possibly expect them to find the problem and fix it? The information we provide when working with them on a game issue such as this is VITALLY necessary for them to be able to pinpoint what isn't working correctly. Since you're a doctor, I know you understand that it's impossible to make a correct diagnosis without enough and accurate information from your patients. That's why you do a physical exam and run lab tests and possibly imaging procedures. It's the same way with Big Fish. Big Fish tests ALL the games they distribute over at least 100 different system configurations, but they (nor any other distributor/developer) CANNOT POSSIBLY test each and every different configuration out in the real world. That is why they ask for our information. They are asking because they DO WANT to get it truly fixed as quickly as possible.

Everyone that is complaining that their game does not work even after the updates NEEDS to call CS and let CS collect the information they need to pinpoint the problem. Tech Support does not use the forums to get the specific information they need even if they can tell from them that a particular issue might be happening overall. Personally, I doubt they have much time to spend reading the forums when they are busy trying to resolve apparently big issues such as this one. I know that when solving computer issues, the more information that can be obtained from different computer configurations, the easier it is to pinpoint and fix specific issues.

So...if you've tried the game after the updates and still have problems, PLEASE contact CS and let them obtain the information they need. You will likely get a resolution much quicker! HTH!

[Post New]by donna_lee2004 on May 25, 10 9:30 AM
Wow, I was so happy when I downloaded the fix this morning, but only be disappointed once again. Got to the doll scene completed it, then the locket opened and the game froze completely, this was the first time game had frozen on me since I started playing days ago, just had the locket issue, now this. I have almost had it with this game just unfortunate that I bought it. It seems one fix leads to another problem. I am so disappointed.

[Post New]by donna_lee2004 on May 25, 10 9:32 AM
Not a chance I am going to download the Felix fix thing. The developers should have known how it would react on each system before releasing. Yes small bugs will come up most likely but not to this extent.

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 25, 10 9:41 AM
Gentlsong, thanks for pointing out that they need the computer configurations to figure out where the hangup is. I was a computer programmer and it only takes one line to screw things up for a whole program. And there are so many different computer configurations that are possible out there that it's even more difficult. I have confidence that they will find it and fix it.

I am dying to play this game. I LOVE FROGS............and I have wanted this game to work for days now but getting angry at BFG isn't going to fix the game. BFG has always been fair when I've had a problem. I'm sure that once they get it fixed they will handle the trial hours that have run out or the people who have bought the game. I had a game not work on my computer and they gave me a credit for it.

I just want them to continue to search for the problem!

Is anyone able to run the program? If you are, what kind of computer and software are you running? What kind of computer and software isn't it running on? That would really help to narrow down the problem!

I'm frustrated, too, ...........really! I want this game but maybe it's a problem with Vista or the new Windows program or something like that ......... once they narrow it down, they can find it and fix it.

momof33
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by momof33 on May 25, 10 10:43 AM
Its the craziest thing....I have been trying to play this game on my laptop for 3 days with no success. Just downloded it on our family computer and was able to play with no problems.. whats that all about?????

[Post New]by shelgeson4 on May 25, 10 10:56 AM
ok so I have the new version now and it is working fine until I am on chapter 10 then it freezes, I go out of it, by control, alt, delete, and then back in and the locket is empty again and takes me right back to chapter 1, this is to frustrating to get all worked up over a game, needs to be removed

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SuzyF on May 25, 10 11:05 AM
I have downloaded the "new and improved" version 3 times and I still only get as far as the locket at the end of Chapter 1. After reading pretty much all of the posts on this game, I am of the mind to skip it completely. I do have to say that after BF found out about these bugs, they should have pulled and re-tested it rather than keeping it up and releasing a bunch of updates. Seems there was more than 1 or 2 issues with it. Obviously it is not completely fixed.

BF is one of my favorite game sites. That being said, I would think they would rather make their customers happy, not the game developers.

[Post New]by catains on May 25, 10 1:54 PM
Add me to the list - it now freezes up on me after completing Chapter 1 and I have to use task manager to close it down. I downloaded Dr, Felix, ran the report and sent it to customer support as directed and got a "canned" response. I also have about had it with this game and feel we all deserve a refund due to the time and effort we have ALL spent trying to get this game to work. It sounds like a great game but not worth all the headaches!

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on May 25, 10 1:55 PM
I just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings regarding my post "complaining" about this game. This is one of the few games that I have had an issue with and BFG has ALWAYS made good on any issues that I have had with games.

So, not trashing BFG just this particular game as it has been more frustrating than most games with issues. I just wish I would have had more trial time to see if I wanted to purchase the game as most of my trial was taken up dealing with the locket issue.

I have been a member of BFG for a long time and do not intend to discontinue that memebership due to this issue, just wanted to voice my concerns regarding this game.

If it sounded like I was trashing BFH, I apologize as that was not my intent, as someone mentioned...it is a game after all, not nuclear codes lol.

I also understand the need to send the particulars regarding one's computer as code can behave much differently depending on the configuration of particular machines.
Corie

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on May 25, 10 2:01 PM
I'm disgusted with this game as well.

I downloaded the new version this morning. The sound was corrected, or at least they tried to correct it. However, I don't like music when I play, and even though I turned the volume way way down, there was still loud background music, I could now hear the voices, but the music drowned out the clarity of the voice, so I still not sure what she says.

The rose picture no longer slides with the new version.

I'm deleting this game and asking for a refund.

In future, someone needs to be sure a game is working before trying to sell it and waste our time with "bugs"

Go to: