aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

Re:Please can we have some response from BFG about the latest announcement on our game

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Dec 30, 17 5:40 AM
I'm able to play both sites, but instead of either importing me from BigFish or returning me to my original character there, PlayMe8 sent me back to the beginning.

Darn it, I had just finished Japan here, and was partly through Japan on PM8!

Re:Please can we have some response from BFG about the latest announcement on our game

[Post New]by susie476337 on Dec 30, 17 6:45 AM
afspam...The progress I make on BF does not cross over to the playme site.

Except for neighbors though, all my coins, crystals, and energy and level is the same on playme as on BF.

missourigem
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by missourigem on Dec 30, 17 9:22 AM
I play the online version through Big Fish. Like Librarian, I have no announcements. Everything normal other than the two new locked worlds.

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Dec 31, 17 3:18 PM
Hooray, PlayMe8 has given me back my original character there. The Friend code is actually different!

The bad thing is, still nothing transferred from my BFG character, and there's still all the stuff missing that disappeared when Yahoo stopped support. That was why I switched to BFG, because trophies and completed items disappeared randomly when Yahoo ditched it.

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Jan 1, 18 4:11 AM
Stranger and stranger...

At the beginning of the sorry saga, I visited Playme8, and only three platforms were showing for ROM, all of which looked to be Russian. They were the one that looks like OX, the one that looks like VK, and I can't remember the third.

When I visited just now, all the platforms are back, including Facebook and Yahoo, and Big Fish.

*Scratches head*

[Post New]by summer53110 on Jan 2, 18 4:45 PM
8I can not access the game either I get a blk screen on playme8 . Is flash player actually safe? I thought you open yourself up to alot more viruses coming thru your computer. Can we stay paying at bfg? Has anyone heard from bfg yet? This is really frustrating.

Edited on 01/02/2018 at 4:46:16 PM PST

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Jan 3, 18 3:04 AM
I went to Playme8 and it is not a secured site for me. I play fine on BF except still can't get in the forum.
Is it EVER going to be fixed.

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Jan 3, 18 5:21 AM
summer53110 wrote:8I can not access the game either I get a blk screen on playme8 . Is flash player actually safe? I thought you open yourself up to alot more viruses coming thru your computer. Can we stay paying at bfg? Has anyone heard from bfg yet? This is really frustrating.

If you read the message above the game window, you will see that the BF version is flash also. You probably need to enable flash on the playme8 site in order to play.

sammy219
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sammy219 on Jan 3, 18 11:21 AM
Hi Summer, yes afspam is right, to play on the playme8 site, you need to enable flash, in my case playing on Win 10 in chrome, I needed o go into advanced settings, and then put the playme8 game site url into a list of approved sites for flash to work. Because they have a setting now for, prompt or block, but not allow, unless you add the url to the approved site list. If you are playing on a mac, well i can't remember how that works and suspect it won't. Security issues? Well I guess that's why google, microsoft, apple and the flash people themselves have decided not to support it after 2020. I have a fairly robust virus/trojan/whatever programme installed and I check it and scan my computer regularly ie every couple of days. That being said, I am not sure i trust their site, haven't played much on it because, well i am not sure i want to. When i signed in under my sammy219 username, i have to start from the beginning. And then when I sign in under my old annebrady username, in which i am 1069 level, have 61 million or so coins, lots of other stuff, well I end up with my sammy219 level, coins, crystals and no friends, except those that have joined and friended me. But the community seems a lot smaller over there, there isn't a forum to discuss any issues as much as I can tell. There is a weird tab under the gifts/neighbours button that is "gaming community"but nothing happens when i click on it. Also the game is windowed, runs really slow and I don't really like it. I also don't feel safe buying crystals or anything on their site, haven't tried yet but I am not sure what platforms they use for transactions and whether I can even use them, not being from europe or the US, well often I find, that unless sites accept paypal, well my cards don't work. Which is a good thing, I suspect, saves money and stops fraud/hacking.
As for whether bfg have responded, I had initial contact with one of the mods, who knew nothing, and when they accessed the site, well the playme8 message didn't appear. He/she is looking into it, I guess because it is holiday season, there will be some delay before we get any answers. I can only assume, from what I have read/responses from my neighbours etc, that this message from playme8 has not been sent to everyone on the BFG site, i don't know why that is so. Our mods also know nothing as far as i can tell. So i guess we sit tight and wait to hear a definitive answer. IMHO, it doesn't look good, but it is all very strange.

BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Jan 26, 18 9:32 AM
My question is, if RoM is no longer available on BF, will we be compensated for all our crystals, etc. that we have accumulated? I will not play on a Russian website (at least, not knowingly) even if my antivirus says it is "safe".

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Jan 26, 18 9:40 AM
For completeness, I've just had this message on both Librarian2003, and on tygertyger2004.

I've never played ROM on any site other than Big Fish, but I did have cause once to write to playme8, when one of the chests turned out to be empty.

I haven't yet set up an account at playme8, so I hope one of the Mods will soon be able to give us some advice.

smallcharm
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by smallcharm on Jan 26, 18 9:47 AM
I also received this message and signed in. I play on Foxfire, everything seem to come over except for my wonderful neighbors.... Not sure how this works???? I don't see a link only the "not supporting" notice. there I have to re-entry all info. just to get into the game...nothing fits on my screen, way to big, totally different lay out. It was hard enough when I first started this game to figure out....now what???

PlusJenney
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by PlusJenney on Jan 26, 18 10:29 AM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:
One thing I would like to ask is that if anyone sees the message, or sees it again, that they try to grab a quick screen shot of it and email it in to the CS team.

Being able to see what our players are seeing will help us and the teams who work with the developers as we investigate further.

bfgMurrumbidgee

I grabbed a screen shot of the message and am happy to forward it along - but I do not know the email address of the "CS team", whatever that is. Seems like many of us got the new popup today, saying

Dear player,
We will stop updating this version of the
game soon.
However, you have the opportunity to
get all new features in the extended
version of the game on our site!
All your progress will be saved!
If you have any questions about the
game feel free to email us
support@playme8.ru

Clicking on "continue brings you to the playme8 site; clicking on the "x" brings you to the game on BigFish.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jan 26, 18 10:45 AM
Thanks PlusJenney,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share that. We are continuing to look into why players are seeing this message.

We most certainly understand the concern a message like this would cause, and the moderation team will keep working with the teams liaising with the developer.

As soon as we have more information we will update our players here in the forum.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 01/26/2018 at 10:45:59 AM PST

BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Jan 26, 18 3:39 PM
I don't understand why people are leaving BF. I feel you need to wait until this get resolved before you move your account to PlayMe8. I did a research of PlayMe8 & their servers can not handle the traffic that a mass exodus would cause. There is also a 100% negative review from visitors. The research that I did said their website is very slow.

This is just my opinion but why not wait it out. It may not happen or it may, but you have time to change if it does. But RoM is on other sites, i.e., FB, MSN, All Games Free, etc. So, I can't see them pulling RoM from all these websites including BF. Still with a website you already know.

Edited on 01/26/2018 at 3:40:21 PM PST

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Jan 26, 18 5:25 PM
I agree with BillyeLH. I don't know why you would all immediately jump ship just because you rec'd this message. I just closed the message and have carried on with RoM on BF. I'm a member of BF so at this point I'm not considering playing on a Russian site. As Billye mentioned why not wait and see what happens. The mods are now aware of it and can let us know when they know something.

ratchetr
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by ratchetr on Jan 26, 18 6:54 PM
Energyworker wrote:I agree with BillyeLH.

I agree with BillyeLH and Energyworker

I've been mostly ignoring this since it showed up for me in December.

It looks like a lot more people started getting this message today for the first time?

I do have a question for those that have successfully moved their account over (except for neighbors, of course):
How did you log in?
Did you use your BFG user name and password?
Were you prompted for a Facebook user name and password?
Or did you register a new account, then contact playme8 to connect to your BFG account?
Or is there some other way?

When I played with it in December, I either got prompted for a Facebook login (don't have one).
Or I created a new account, meaning start over at level 1. Not going to do that.
I never tried logging in using my BFG username and password, because......lack of trust.

glca
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by glca on Jan 26, 18 7:05 PM
@ratchetr, we clicked Continue on that message that pops up which opened a tab at Playme8 & we logged in with the same username & password as BFG. Everything except our neighbors was there; all our crystals, BP Items, & our level is the same as it is in BFG.

[Post New]by Ellotteberry on Jan 26, 18 7:36 PM
@glca, did you log in with BFG username and password? I was not able to do so. If I use my Yahoo account the name shown is my Yahoo username, instead of my BFG username. Anyone has any idea??

[Post New]by lynnette_1990 on Jan 26, 18 8:31 PM
hello BF please solve it quickly i transferred to playmate ROM, my level gone, my neighbors gone. Back to zero. I dont want to be back again to zero pleaseee

Go to: