Re:Your Comments and Review for Hotdog Hotshot

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Jul 1, 10 6:28 AM
[b]Can someone please tell me on do I see all my replies?

[Post New]by zillygal on Jul 1, 10 10:01 AM
You don't have to restart it - just create a new person.

Re:Your Comments and Review for Hotdog Hotshot (some tips)

[Post New]by CleanN_Funny on Jul 5, 10 10:07 AM
I figured out a few things to try, and these have helped me get through some levels I had been stuck on:

1) The stinky dude: since the objective is to get rid of him (and his flies) as quickly as possible, skip his condiments completely. For example, if he asks for a burger with egg, mustard, etc., ignore the condiments and give him a plain burger along w/his other stuff. I mean, who cares if he doesn't tip (he probably wouldn't anyway).

2) Save the fries/rings for last in the row of customers. Example: let the counter get full. Give everyone their pretzels, drinks, corncobs, burgers/hotdogs. You've got your 2 rows of fries and onion rings ready ... drop one each into the grease and start serving fries/fries/fries, rings/rings/rings as fast as you can and the ones you've dropped will be ready and there will be room for more on the board ... drop 2 more until you've served everyone ... then pick up all the money at once and start over with your new counter-full of customers.

3) Serve the burned food anyway - only dump if you've run out of space on the bread counter, the line of customers is full and there's no one to serve the extra meat (which you've mistakenly dropped onto the grill w/no buns available) to.

4) For the extra credit, try to remember the young guy who says "the usual" wants a cola and a plan hotdog - the older lady with the question mark wants a pack of fries, a pretzel, coffee, and a burger with lettuce and mayo.

P.S. I've been having issues w/explorer too, lately, and bigfish interfaces including responding to this forum. Mozilla Firefox does the trick. Happy hotdogging!

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Jul 11, 10 6:13 AM
[b]Thank goodnes, I got a upgrade after 8 weeks. The upgrade I bought was a mistake. I bought the oven. You can cook 4 hots and 3 hamburgers on it. But, you can only put down 3 hots and 2 hamburgers. Now I have to try to get the upgrade so I can put all those things on there. The people are ordering a lot of fries and onion rings, it would be good to get a upgrade for that. It will take me forever to get another upgrade. I'm still on week 8.

[Post New]by Kalira423 on Jul 12, 10 2:12 PM
It was more of a challange then I was expecting. Even in the first couple of levels!

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Jul 13, 10 4:03 AM
[b]At the start of this game it was fun to play. I have only had 2 upgrades, and I am at week 10 and day 4. I find this game to be so frustrating. I will never buy a game if you can restart the game. I have made $821.00 in food and still not a upgrade, only 2 upgrades.

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Jul 13, 10 6:12 AM
[b]I just earned $862.00 and no upgrades. I'm on week 11 day 1. I wish someone can do something about giving more upgrades. I've only gotten 2 upgrades in this hole game so far.

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Jul 14, 10 6:34 AM
[b]GREAT! I found out you can start over by putting a different name. Someone posted it in the comments, and I tried it. I already got 2 upgrades, I'm hoping for the third. In the start of the game, I was going to town. You just have to give out Hotdogs. The first upgrade I got was a bigger board and the second upgrade was the grill. Now I'm hoping for a fryer. You need a bigger board and than the grill. Last time I was playing it I went for a fryer and than a fryer that didn't work out so well. So lets see if I get a 3rd upgrade. I hope so.

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Jul 14, 10 7:06 AM
[b]I just got my 3rd upgrade. The game is GREAT. It's so much better to start all over. Just put a different name, and you will see how fast you will be when you start over. 3 upgrades, I know you can do it if I can.

Eliran
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Eliran on Jul 25, 10 6:27 AM
I LOVE this game! Very addicting and I've been playing it for weeks now.

This morning I finally, FINALLY finished! Through all the levels, all the Challenge levels, and the bonus levels!

By the end you start thinking that unhygienic people in New York have nowhere to eat but your hotdog stand, and that no one seems to want to pay for their food....

But it was a blast, it really was.

Part of what kept me going was wanting to see where the bonus location was going to be. Very cute, and I loved the images from another BFG game.

Definitely agree that if there was one thing I could change about the game, it would be have an easy way to restart a level. You can still do this, but you have to exit out to the main menu and then go back in. However, this trick does not work when you're playing in Challenge mode-- if you're in the middle of a week and for some reason leave the game or exit out, when you go back in you have to re-start at the beginning of the week.

When I first started the game, I thought the graphics were so elementary-- almost reminded me of Southpark! But I quickly got used to it and as in most TM games, the graphics take a backseat to the gameplay.

One of the things I really liked was how there wasn't need for an extensive tutorial for this game, beyond the first level. They introduce some new characters later on, but every time there's a new addition to the items, it's pretty intuitive what to do with it or how to use it. You know what needs to be done, although actually doing (and quickly!) isn't so easy.

So glad I tried this game, and really looking forward to a sequel or another installment!

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Jul 26, 10 3:58 PM
Eliran wrote:I LOVE this game! Very addicting and I've been playing it for weeks now.

This morning I finally, FINALLY finished! Through all the levels, all the Challenge levels, and the bonus levels!

By the end you start thinking that unhygienic people in New York have nowhere to eat but your hotdog stand, and that no one seems to want to pay for their food....

But it was a blast, it really was.

Part of what kept me going was wanting to see where the bonus location was going to be. Very cute, and I loved the images from another BFG game.

Definitely agree that if there was one thing I could change about the game, it would be have an easy way to restart a level. You can still do this, but you have to exit out to the main menu and then go back in. However, this trick does not work when you're playing in Challenge mode-- if you're in the middle of a week and for some reason leave the game or exit out, when you go back in you have to re-start at the beginning of the week.

When I first started the game, I thought the graphics were so elementary-- almost reminded me of Southpark! But I quickly got used to it and as in most TM games, the graphics take a backseat to the gameplay.

One of the things I really liked was how there wasn't need for an extensive tutorial for this game, beyond the first level. They introduce some new characters later on, but every time there's a new addition to the items, it's pretty intuitive what to do with it or how to use it. You know what needs to be done, although actually doing (and quickly!) isn't so easy.

So glad I tried this game, and really looking forward to a sequel or another installment!

Congratulations on finishing the game! I am looking forward to a sequel also.

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Aug 1, 10 12:18 PM
[b] This game is GREAT. I'm in the challege mode now. And it's so much fun. It takes a while, but it's well worth it. All the games on Big Fish Games are wonderful.

[Post New]by MetalJanie on Aug 15, 10 5:18 AM
I love this game too. I can't give advice bc I get stuck too... one thing though I think now I am in Washington Square and I can't figure out how to serve PRETZELS in boxes... just the big ones are no problem... what do u do? I tried fryin them and grilling and handin them to customers.. stinks didn't work. thanks

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Aug 26, 10 5:19 AM
Whata great game. I finshed it. The game keeps you going. I just played it over and over. Love it.

[Post New]by palmcoastmary on Aug 26, 10 5:24 AM
[b]If you see some of my repiles, I was getting upset with this game. But, I am so happy I gave it a chance. The game is GREAT!. You have no idea how much I played this game, [a whole lot]. Big Fish Games has so really great games.

[Post New]by ambernbrandon on Sep 6, 10 8:44 AM
Well I played for about 20 minutes and decided not worthy to buy. I love time management games but found this one a little too chaotic. I had a hard time remembering what order the customers arrived, as they come randomly to the window. Not too bad but not for me.

RafV
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by RafV on May 31, 11 8:53 AM

YEAAA!

Hotdog Hotshot is one of the funniest games I've played for a while...
It's very well done - and get's quite hard in the end. Nice!

although - I must say that I think it will be almost impossible to finish the game if one uses a standard mouse. It' so extremely fast in the end, that one needs a faster way to navigate. A scroll-ball or maybe even a art-pad, or such...

One weird thing on my Mac-Version is that the app makes a document in my top root-folder where it tracks every time I start the app... ??!!
I guess the programmers forgot to take this away (???)
(Why would they make this??)

Highly addictive!! VERY funny! - good programming!

a straight FIVE-STAR rating!!

[Post New]by moxie5000 on Sep 3, 11 10:36 AM
I can't get past a certain level and it ruins the game for me. I like the concept of the game and everything about it but now I am "stuck" and my skill level isn't good enough to get past the current level and so I am missing out on the other levels. The game was fun at first, but now it is frustrating and I'm thinking I wish I had never bought it! I finished Cake Mania 3, but this game is much too hard. This game needs a "relaxed" mode on it like Burger Shop to make it more appealing to a larger crowd of people. Games are supposed to be fun. Had I known this fault in the game I would not have bought it.

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 10:42:23 AM PST

[Post New]by JadePrincess521 on Sep 18, 11 1:33 PM
I have played this game over and over and come back to it while I'm waiting for something "new" to play from BFG. PLEASE make more of these Hotdog Hotshot games.....LOVE it!!

PoochieK
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by PoochieK on Sep 20, 11 11:50 AM
palmcoastmary wrote: [b]At the start of this game it was fun to play. I have only had 2 upgrades, and I am at week 10 and day 4. I find this game to be so frustrating. I will never buy a game if you can restart the game. I have made $821.00 in food and still not a upgrade, only 2 upgrades.
JUST WAIT BEFORE YOU BUY UPGRADES AT LEAST TO WEEK 4 OR 5 WHERE YOU BUILD YOUR MONEY UP AND AND BUY BETTER STUFF. THAT'T THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET ANYWHERE. DONT BUY UPGRADES SO FAST ....

Go to: