HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on May 27, 10 12:32 PM
Wish all the games used this kind of superior programming...no problems at all with it...loved the first Puppet Show and have played perhaps a half hour of the demo and I'm completely entranced and sold on it.

The music is the same wonderful blend of whimsy, excitement, lullaby and throbbing notes.
Graphics are fantastic!
This is a game that pulls you in and holds you mesmerized.
You can enjoy looking around and savoring the details....

And I'm glad to note that it says (and hopefully there will be) "hours of bonus play"; if that's the case it will truly be worth the hefty extra charge!

Happy gaming, one and all!

Two enthusiastic paws up from the Houdini Cats.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on May 27, 10 12:47 PM
Finally, a great game!!! Will have to wait til June to purchase. This is a MUST have. Thanks BF.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Welcome Msrox!

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 27, 10 12:50 PM
Well welcome to the forum. 5 yrs you've been quiet? So glad you chimed in. Keep on flapping those gills!

sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by sandyca on May 27, 10 12:56 PM
After reading the reviews I'm not even going to do the trial, just going to purchase it as well. I have the first one and if this one is along the same lines then it is going to be awesome. Thanks!

[Post New]by merlinmerry on May 27, 10 1:24 PM
I loved this game! Okay, I am old and slow and have - where's my puppies? duzems want their bonies?- a bit of an attention deficit disorder but, even so, the game was extremely enjoyable and had absolutely no glitches. That alone was worth the price. (The fact that it took me beaucoup hours didn't hurt.)
I do have a problem, though. As a long time HOG player, I find that I absolutely must buy an hourglass. Every HOG ever built, practically, has one in every search pile. So, I've found myself unconsciously looking for one in my house. And I just cannot find one! Off to eBay.

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on May 27, 10 1:34 PM
I thought this game was very well done. It kept me interested with the moving graphics and the hidden objects, as well as the different puzzles to solve. I liked how you didn't have to search back and forth for items when usually they were in the same room or close by. I also liked how this game wasn't timed and you could skip puzzles if you chose. I Loved the twist at the end! I really didn't expect it.

Is the next one going to be out soon? I can't wait!

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 1:36:17 PM PST

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on May 27, 10 2:41 PM
merlinmerry, what a great idea! Now I'm going to look for an hourglass to put next to my computer. If I can not find it on the screen I click on the real one! LOL

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on May 27, 10 2:46 PM
samwise50 wrote:I don't even wait to play the trial, I'm buying right now. It's been a while since we got good games, well like this one anyway. Straight HOGs are not my thing anymore so off I go to buy it!
Thanks a lot

Well, I've been wondering why there haven't been hardly any good games for a least a couple of weeks. I guess that strategy works if it makes people desperate enough to put out the money for the CE.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on May 27, 10 3:31 PM
Wow, three pgs of comments/reviews and all of them good! Even hugely popular games like Dire Grove, RTR have some negatives, but not this one! Thanks to all of you who took the time to write in. Being a CE, it is a little more painful to part with the $$$, but thanks to your comments, seems this is worth it. When I think about it, you couldn't go to a store and find a new release pc game for under $20, so that makes it a little easier to part with the $$$. Every new positive comment brings my finger closer to the 'buy it' button,,,closer,,,closer...

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on May 27, 10 3:37 PM
merlinmerry wrote:I loved this game! Okay, I am old and slow and have - where's my puppies? duzems want their bonies?- a bit of an attention deficit disorder but, even so, the game was extremely enjoyable and had absolutely no glitches. That alone was worth the price. (The fact that it took me beaucoup hours didn't hurt.)
I do have a problem, though. As a long time HOG player, I find that I absolutely must buy an hourglass. Every HOG ever built, practically, has one in every search pile. So, I've found myself unconsciously looking for one in my house. And I just cannot find one! Off to eBay.

Might as well get an abacus while you're at it. Two standby items in every HOG, an abacus (sp?) and an hourglass! Actually, an hourglass would be a great conversation piece, I would definitely use one at my house...and not just to torture the kiddies with homework either! You are too funny, great comment!

[Post New]by eltugger on May 27, 10 3:49 PM
Seems like an awesome game!
Played the demo and made it to the castle gates which is like Chapter 4 out of 12?
So you can't go any farther. I'm only concerned with the length and price of CE.
The only CE I own is Dire Grove and I don't think that was worth the CE price.
Let me know what you all think . I do read the forums all the time.
But, this is only my second time adding to the pond.

iasc
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by iasc on May 27, 10 4:02 PM
Loved the first Puppet Show and love this one so far to but not sure about buying a CE. Is it worth the extra cash? I've never bought a CE before so I'm not sure what you get that doesn't come with the regular edition. If there's extra gameplay it might be worth it depending on how much extra material there is. (BTW is there a CE of RTR? Because I'd make that my first CE if there was bonus gameplay). I really don't want to have to wait two weeks to play this again. Argh, I can't decide.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 27, 10 4:53 PM
Pixielate wrote:
samwise50 wrote:I don't even wait to play the trial, I'm buying right now. It's been a while since we got good games, well like this one anyway. Straight HOGs are not my thing anymore so off I go to buy it!
Thanks a lot

Well, I've been wondering why there haven't been hardly any good games for a least a couple of weeks. I guess that strategy works if it makes people desperate enough to put out the money for the CE.

Wrong conclusion - Robinson Crusoe was posted just 3 days ago, and got wonderful greetings by almost all fishies...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 27, 10 5:40 PM
eltugger wrote:Seems like an awesome game!
Played the demo and made it to the castle gates which is like Chapter 4 out of 12?
So you can't go any farther. I'm only concerned with the length and price of CE.
The only CE I own is Dire Grove and I don't think that was worth the CE price.
Let me know what you all think . I do read the forums all the time.
But, this is only my second time adding to the pond.
I think this is a better CE than Dire Grove, but part of that is probably because the expectations aren't so high, now that we've seen a few.

It's after 1:30 am for me and I'm off to bed. I am at work in the morning, else I'd have carried on. I'm enjoying this.

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on May 27, 10 6:15 PM
Wonderful game. Just played about 15 min. of the demo and I will continue tomorrow. I already have this on my must buy list! Great graphics and challenging premise.

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on May 27, 10 9:12 PM
msrox wrote:Hello all you fishies. I have been a BFG member for years and have never posted but have always read the forums daily on all the new games, particularly HOG and IHOG. Today I felt compelled to post because about 2 months ago I was fortunate to have been chosen to beta test Puppet Show. I have been waiting oh so impatiently for it to be available for purchase, (I have the first one as well). It is FABULOUS!!! and more. It's exactly the right mix of hiddens, minis, adventure, eye-catching, addicting, spooky.....I could go on and on and on. Even though my pocket is always a little on the light side, I have to get the CE. There is no turning back now.
And.............a huge Thank you to all the posters that take the time to write reviews for all of us to ponder and make decisions. It helps soooooo much. To Prpldva, CasualGran, TerryMann, Smallhaven, Oldbay, Eisteepfish, (hope I spelled that right), LizzieK, Poodlebear, (we miss you), and many many others, you are very much appreciated!
I guess it's now official........I am a Sea Anemone!!! WOO HOO!

Thank you BFG....you just keep getting better and better.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 27, 10 9:14 PM
How convenient! I just finished up the original Puppet Theater last night. For those who have played the first Puppet Theater, the evil daughter is back and she is as evil as ever!

I think this sequel to Puppet Theater is just a good as the first. The music is the same which was very nice in the first game. The graphics are the same great quality. Everything is just as good as it was in the first version. Objects aren't too small or blend in with their surroundings. During the hour is got halfway into chaper 5 of which there are 12 total chapters so I think the game is about the same length as the first. I did have to start over again with a different player because I chose the regular mode to begin with. In the regular mode, you are basically shown what to do with sparkles and I thought it really took away from the thinking part of the game so I went back and changes to the difficult level.

As much as I enjoyed this one, though, I am going to wait for the regular version. I already have 2 punch cards filled out for the month and I don't see how the CE version really warrants the extra cost from the regular version.

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on May 27, 10 9:14 PM
i agree, were have poodlebear and the others gone? did i miss somthing,as i relied on there veiws. boohoo,
no replys how long this game is chapter wise, still temting!!!
keep it up love my games .i think im a sqid today ,

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 27, 10 9:34 PM
sanpry, I just posted that there are 12 chapters in this game according to the strategy guide. In one hour, I finished up to the middle of chapter 5, but how long the game is will depend on how quickly you play through the chapters.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 27, 10 9:41 PM
Thanks a lot

Different games......Different opinions

Go to: