Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on May 28, 10 1:06 PM
sunnny wrote:I don't have any problems with strategy guide, but the time it takes
when I use an inventory item in the pop-up box, before I regain
control of my mouse and the black screens in betweem scenes
are irritating, to say the least.
After the quality of the first game, I did not expect it in a CE.

This is going to be a long game for me since I cannot stand
playing it for more that an hour at a time,

Same here. SG works fine, but the playing is very annoying. The game with the 4 balls would also stall and the balls were hanging in mid-air. I've contacted BF, since for that price I would like to be able to play the game. Seems like that's a problem that gets totally ignored.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by BinLA on May 28, 10 2:52 PM
This might have been the first CE that I was going to buy, but I'm not going to buy it now because I can't use the Strategy Guide.

I'm getting so sick of all the problems with games here on Big Fish!

[Post New]by Octo20 on May 28, 10 2:56 PM
Have the game running but their are flickering black lines in the game scenes
Any suggestions

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 2:56:52 PM PST

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on May 28, 10 3:34 PM
Margie, thx

prochef
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by prochef on May 28, 10 6:02 PM
I am so upset!!! I never buy CE games as I can't really afford them, but this time I did as I loved the previous game, but now I cannot access the strategy guide and it throws me off the game. It took HOURS to download last night and I got tired of waiting so I went to bed, I was looking forward to playing today and if I need help I have to stop and go to the walkthrough and then back to the game. For 6.99, I could have done the same thing, I really hope you fix this as I will never buy a CE game again, I'm a big fan of BF games and have spent a lot of money on games in the past but am not happy with this problem.

[Post New]by EllaLucinda on May 28, 10 7:59 PM
I too am very frustrated with this game. I played the demo version and had absolutley no problem accessing the strategy guide. Once I decided to buy the game it took forever to download. Now that I have paid for the game, I cannot access the strategy guide, I get the access error message and it kicks me out of the game.

Is there any way to get a refund for this game????

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 8:03:06 PM PST

[Post New]by carolingfish on May 28, 10 8:47 PM
I've done everything I was told and still no luck. Every time I try to access the strategy guide, I get kicked out of the game and have to soft boot my computer. grrrrrrr

[Post New]by vickigatts11467 on May 28, 10 11:35 PM
I have no problem with the strategy guide but when I open the the door with the key and the oil can I go into the room and it wont proceed. I've tried several different times, different names same result. It doesnt exactly lock up its just doesn't give me a curser or any indications (sparkles). I would like a refund unless you can fix this. If it can be fixed I'm enjoying the game and would like to keep it.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on May 29, 10 12:25 AM
I've deleted and reinstalled the game, but that didn't help. What's worse, it seems to get slower as I play along. Therefore I haven't played it since yesterday and was so looking forward to playing it this weekend. I think a reimbursement for at least the extra CE cost is in order, since a walkthrough has been posted and for all the technical problems with this game. Never read so many various problems!

Leaty
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Leaty on May 29, 10 1:42 AM
Can't play the game, at all.

As soon as I start it, the game minimizes to the taskbar and refuses to maximise again. Stubborn as I am, I'll try several times only to receive this:
http://yfrog.com/j2puppetshowerrorj

Seeing how much problems other users seem to have, I can't help but wonder if your quality control guys where on vacation as this one got released...

mcfr
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by mcfr on May 29, 10 2:59 AM

the game run too slowly: I followed all the instructions in the help page, but the problrm persist.
Please, someone can help me?
Thank You in advance!
Bye

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 29, 10 3:08 AM
If you want help, use the green envelope. You're only talking to your fellow players in this thread, not to BFG.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on May 29, 10 3:16 AM
I'm having the s...l....o...w running, long lag time problem too. It didn't show up with the demo version but you don't download the whole game with the demo either. My computer does run hot, but I've got it on ice pads that cool it down. I've never had this kind of problem with lag time/slow play before. Not a happy camper! And yes, everything is updated, not by me, but thank goodness I have a computer whiz kid.

HE may be calling customer service tomorrow.

It does seem like an awful lot of games have problems lately but remember the mantra: It's only a handful of customers affected, BF can't test for all systems, games are more complicated than ever.... SIGH.

Edited on 05/29/2010 at 3:17:34 AM PST

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on May 29, 10 9:17 AM
Brendansoma1 wrote:I've deleted and reinstalled the game, but that didn't help. What's worse, it seems to get slower as I play along. Therefore I haven't played it since yesterday and was so looking forward to playing it this weekend. I think a reimbursement for at least the extra CE cost is in order, since a walkthrough has been posted and for all the technical problems with this game. Never read so many various problems!
ME TOO! I TRIED TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT CANT GET THROUGH!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by catsfire on May 29, 10 9:56 AM
Hi all...new to the pond, but been a member for a long time. I downloaded the trial version to try before I bought (loved the first one!) and everything worked fine including the SG, when I bought it suddenly the SG didn't work! Disappointing to say the least, but I will wait and see if there is a fix for this. Oh and yes....my system is completely up to date

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on May 29, 10 10:39 AM
I wonder if anything is being done about the slow game (since a walkthrough was posted so quick) and if so, why we are not informed about this. I would hate to get a reply from Customer Service about reinstalling and making sure everything is up to date, and so on. Since that is clearly not the
problem here.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on May 29, 10 11:10 AM
Looks like I have a different problem from everyone else. I played about 3 1/2 hours with no problem. But all of a sudden it went to my desktop. When I loaded the game again, I received a game message that the save file is corrupted. That means I must start the game all over again .

I've contacted CS but know that I won't receive an answer until next week some time as it is a holiday weekend. Not a happy camper here, but I know they will do the best possible.

[Post New]by sofiamarie1172 on May 29, 10 12:16 PM
I can't open the SG either.. I was looking forward to spending my Memorial weekend playing..

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on May 29, 10 12:30 PM
The guide is also a black screen for me plus, when clicking on it, it changes my cursor back to the custom cursor. A great game otherwise with fantastic graphics.

When I buy a CE, I usually buy because it has the built in strategy guide, so thanks Margie B. for the assistance of the walk though.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 29, 10 12:32 PM
sunny64 wrote:The guide is also a black screen for me plus, when clicking on it, it changes my cursor back to the custom cursor. A great game otherwise with fantastic graphics.

When I buy a CE, I usually buy because it has the built in strategy guide, so thanks Margie B. for the assistance of the walk though.
Have you tried updating your Flash player in your browser to version 10? You'll find the download on the Adobe website.

Go to: