PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Hotel here!

[Post New]by PurrrThang on May 7, 11 8:19 AM
So many things to like about this game. The story line, the voices, the great way the figures moved and the items on the help button to remind me how to navigate and check for areas to search. I also liked hitting the enter key to see areas to check out.

With all that help you'd think I'd do a fantastic job here but I was not able to tell what to do next and had to keep checking the walkthrough. Getting away from the room key slots screen took me ages.

I already purchased one game too difficult for me. And I don't want to have another game where I need to use a walkthrough to play most of the way. I am fairly new to playing these games so maybe I'll improve.

I really did enjoy seeing it and playing the demo.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 7, 11 12:01 PM
I've never come across perfect English in a computer game. All of the typos in this one appear to be in the same place though, the text on the knight's shield.

For years I wondered ... (about what? Do you mean wandered)?
'til death us do apart ... (no, just 'til death us do part).
In holly vow stand you and I ... (no, holy. Holly is a bush).

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on May 7, 11 1:04 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:I've never come across perfect English in a computer game. All of the typos in this one appear to be in the same place though, the text on the knight's shield.

For years I wondered ... (about what? Do you mean wandered)?
'til death us do apart ... (no, just 'til death us do part).
In holly vow stand you and I ... (no, holy. Holly is a bush).

LOL, Mr_Russ! You'd need to be wearing knight's armor to stand in a holly bush , but, maybe it is metaphorical! Vows can be "prickly" you know! Seriously though, I've had some great laughs from some of the translations in games!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on May 8, 11 12:53 PM
Heehee.. I always miss those. Reminds me of one of the first Fwd emails I got that explained..Knd of lke u cn mes ip the leturs in a scentance n stil undrstind ti jus finne. I never even noticed the typos in the shield poem!

I just wanted to pop in here and tell the Developers, great game! I loved it, ran perfectly and the ending was a hoot! Are there any other games you have made and is this or will it be a series? Y'all reminded me how much I love click and point Adventure and Large File games! Now I have 5 types of games I like on here lol.. my poor pocket book!

Go to: