Re:Your Comments and Review for Antique Road Trip USA

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Jun 1, 10 4:54 PM
I really enjoyed this game! It does remind you of Gardenscapes with the buying of items. And when done with the game and able to go back and play the different kinds of games, find 25 of a kind, hidden objects, pick the odd one...well worth the money.

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Jun 2, 10 11:40 AM
This is a nice long game, with the option to play various sections of each city after you have completed the story part of the game. I liked the music very much. It was one of the reasons I purchased the game. Basically, it's an endless game.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 2, 10 1:05 PM
[u]a fun game

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jun 3, 10 2:20 PM
Finished this game a couple days ago and enjoyed it very much. I played in timed mode; not sure how much time you actually get, since the clock counts upwards instead of backwards (?), but I finished most scenes in less than two minutes. Even at that, this ended up at four hours plus, so definitely a good value length-wise.

I think the pup is chewing on a sock, actually. Bad doggie! He was very helpful, though.

I'm not a fan of bluegrass or country music at all, but the music was interesting and I found it appropriate for the "USA" theme. And I liked that there was a big variety of things to do; jigsaw, find the difference, match pairs, find 25 of one object (my favorite type of HOG scene), guess the object from clues, etc. Once you've done it all, you can go back and do your favorite scenes again from the map; a fun bonus.

At first I worried I wouldn't earn enough $$ to fully furnish my antique store, but it turns out you'll have plenty of cash, even if you buy the best of the best. And you CAN upgrade (or downgrade) even if you've bought a different item in the same category; that was a nice touch.

All in all, recommended. An enjoyable, relaxing game that won't put too much strain on your brain or force you to squint at the screen. I also appreciated the opportunity to see a list of other games by the same company; I'm on my way to try a few of them now!

Peggy1TN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Peggy1TN on Jun 4, 10 4:10 AM
You get your money's worth in this game. You will play for hours to complete it. After you're done, it unlocks all the cities and you can select about six games in each city to complete again.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jun 4, 10 11:43 AM
I liked this game. The artwork was very cute. I thought the music was unusually good for game music, and I'm not a country fan at all. I didn't find any glitches or problems within the game. The hidden objects looked like the objects they were meant to represent. Some of the mini-games were actually quite challenging. I'm not a huge fan of the "buy improvements to your space" game design, but I know a lot of other people are. Since it's reportedly a good long game, I don't think anything was lost by including a "buy improvements" feature to this game. I may buy this game later, since I thought the trial was fun.

[Post New]by swedie on Jun 4, 10 12:05 PM
nice game, but those mini games got boring real quick. I liked the music

[Post New]by yummylicks on Jun 4, 10 12:16 PM
I'm glad that most of the comments are positive for this game - shows people are enjoying it. Unfortunately I bought it thinking it would get more exciting but it just keeps repeating the same mini games. Find the matching pairs - find the odd one out - put the "way too easy" puzzle together - spot the differences....all VERY boring to me. I played round after round expecting more but ended up thinking - does this thing ever end? I always finish all the games I purchase but figure I've wasted enough time on this one. Especially since I won't get the "I did it" feeling - instead I'd finish with a "yawn."

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 4, 10 12:17 PM
This is simply a fun game. Had a great time playing this with decorating too. Didn't care too much for the mini games. But all in all, a joy to play!

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Jun 4, 10 2:05 PM
I beta tested this game and really liked it! I knew I'd purchase it when it came out. I like the earning money to furnish your shop part. I deal in antiques so this is right up my alley! Excellent graphics, fun story, all good!

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jun 4, 10 4:20 PM
This is not going to be my next game. I had high hopes after reading some reviews. but didn't find it that enjoyable. While winning mini games and HOG episodes left one with cash to purchase things, there didn't seem to be much purpose to doing it--no real advancement,just on to the next screen. I'd like my choices to make some difference.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jun 4, 10 4:54 PM
I tried this game and found it very irritating for some reason. The idea is good and it's the type of game I normally like but this one just isn't clicking with me. I find it very difficult to spot the differences in the matchbooks and there's no skip option on the mini games. I played for awhile and quit for a few days and went back and played again. I found it just as irritating the second time so I uninstalled it without buying.

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Jun 5, 10 5:52 AM
I had no intention of wanting to buy this game but I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. It was something different for me. I played with my son and had a lot of fun. It does seem long and has quite a bit more variety than I had expected. Interesting twist on hidden object games. Thanks Big Fish. It is a buy!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jun 5, 10 11:19 AM
Although the activities varied and the game has many elements, such as furnishing the Antique store, it just didn't ring any bells for me. I prefer really great stories with interesting themes and because I now have so many games, I'm becoming more selective in what I buy. I see where this game would appeal to a wide audience, but for me, it's a no go.

[Post New]by JulieD on Jun 5, 10 4:56 PM
This one was a complete waste of time. It seems to have a terribly delay with the clicking that started with the log in processes. When trying to select items in the first scene had to click an inch away from the fan in order for the fan to be selected. I never could get a hint from Sandy or click on the money. It just didn't recognize the click.

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Jun 5, 10 9:28 PM
I LOVE this game!

It is some much fun and the music is fantastic! It's not your typical HOG, that's for sure. I find them so boring and this game is anything but.

It is interesting and thought provoking. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am hoping that more game makers follow suit.

Thank you!

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jun 6, 10 4:02 AM
I loved this game, too! I played it on another site (sorry, BFG). The graphics are clear and bright, gameplay is easy, it's long enough to keep you occupied for a while, and there are some really cute animated things going on like the parrot who talks when you click on it.

Not much story, though, so if you're looking for a detailed storyline, this isn't it.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 6, 10 12:07 PM
I liked this game. You can choose not to have the timer which is always a plus. The game had no bugs or freezes which is a welcome change from the games of late. It was easy enough to have a cup of coffee while playing; but I did have to use the hint button at times, so it was somewhat of a challange. The hints replinished quite quickly. I also liked that the scenes weren't so dark, it is impossible to find the objects. It is a most welcome change from the "dark" games being released. Very delightful.

[Post New]by mspetuniapea on Jun 6, 10 4:49 PM
Great game! Enjoyed it a lot. It is an excellent learning tool for pre-teens to learning new vocabulary and geography.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jun 6, 10 7:44 PM
Nope, no way, just not my style at all. I hate find the differences for one thing. It's mini-game after mini-game and the same ones over and over. The graphics are nice. The music is horrid...I absolutely had to shut it off. And since when does one buy things like staplers and highlighters and treble clefts in an antique shop? That really did it for me, it made no sense whatsoever.

I'm happy for those who like the game and hope they enjoy it all the way through. As for me...Nah.

Go to: