crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Faded Reality

[Post New]by crabbycat on May 30, 10 5:34 PM
As an actual corneal transplant recipient, I felt I needed to play this game. I wish I would have had some 'visions' after my surgery....perhaps I wouldn't have made some of life's mistakes! HAR! Now back to the game...I thought it was just okay. Spent more time figuring out the fractured English than I thought was necessary. It is a no buy for me. Just what I would call a ROM. Run of the Mill. Not horrible, but not for me. Nice graphics and ok story line, but I didn't play long enough to figure out where it was going. Thanks anyway, BF

Astina
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Astina on May 30, 10 5:47 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion!! When I read the forums I take everything said and then I play the demo to form my own opinion. Anyone that just relies on the posts might miss out on a great game. We all have different tastes and that what make the world an interesting place.

Now off my soapbox!

I really thought this was an interesting game and I won't go into why as it's been said several times. I won't be buying it until I find out how long it is. If anyone finishes the game please post how long it is and what kind of player you are, fast or slow.

Have a safe holiday!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 30, 10 6:04 PM
I very much like the sound and graphic environment of this game. Peaceful and beautiful so far, as compared to all the dark ambiance of the many mystery and crime games out there. Nice drawn scenes and nice photo scenes and items.

On the other hand, I learned real fast not to meander the cursor around the screen because the words keep jumping up at you. It's nice to see a new twist, but I'm not sure if I like this word and letters thing. Visually it's jarring. Also, I usually like having more items to search for than just 3 at a time (other 3 still hidden/grayed out for example) - I tend to find things while looking for other things, and to me that feels less tedious.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be buying it today. Think this one goes on the back burner for me.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 30, 10 6:13 PM
Astina wrote:
I really thought this was an interesting game and I won't go into why as it's been said several times. I won't be buying it until I find out how long it is. If anyone finishes the game please post how long it is and what kind of player you are, fast or slow.
Have a safe holiday!!

The game has 18 chapters. Everyone plays at different speeds. You can keep track of how many chapters you complete in the demo and then you will know about how long the game will last for you.

[Post New]by joniliff on May 30, 10 6:50 PM
A 'Spoon' IS a golf club! But, you have to be old enough to remember or an avid golfer. Most golfers don't know that. And, I'm only 73.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 30, 10 7:47 PM
Hmm, well, I usually do not read the reviews before I play a game, but this time I did so I was expecting a real stinker. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't. I did think the storyline was a bit morbid in that the person who has received the transplant is learning about possible murders, but after quickly forgetting about that, the game wasn't that bad.

Some of the objects were small, but the hint button refreshes quickly. I didn't have the music up so I can't comment on that aspect. One thing I did find a little frustrating was that one or two of the minigames had no instructions. The rest did and I liked that they were different from the usual minigames. I wasn't thrown by the odd words only because I had read about them on the forum. Otherwise I think I would have been very confused. I did like having to find the letters to complete certain words. Something different which is nice.

One problem I had that someone else mentioned is that my TrendMicro antivirus kept saying it found a problem the whole time the game was playing. I also have McAfees and MalwareBytes running and neither one of those were set off. Maybe it was just something that TrendMicro didn't care for, but it was something that I have never had happen with any other game. Not sure I will purchase this game as I already have two punch cards for the month, but if it were offered for $2.99 I would probably get it.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 30, 10 10:25 PM
i actually enjoyed the game, a little bit different as you have to find letters and put them with the missing letters of some items to get other items on the list that are hidden, mini games are really different i was stumped on the lantern game until i played around with it and figured it out. some of the letters you need are very well hid.

i agree about the spoon being a golf club, oh well. the game does have some nice graphics, some of the scenes look like thomas kincaid painted them they were very pretty. objects are not that easy to find that is why it is a hog game.

i did buy it as it was different from a normal hog.

i give it 3 out of 5.

[Post New]by janaki28 on May 31, 10 12:39 AM
I am stuck in SIX SHELVES IN THAT BOOK CASE. Have no clue where to go from here and the hint doesn't help, it just says, : find an additional source of information. Help anyone?

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on May 31, 10 6:40 AM
I liked this game, but I think it's more for kids then adults.
I might play it if was free or if it was on sale and I was really board!

[Post New]by shortnsassy6272 on May 31, 10 11:50 AM
Just played 40 minutes of Faded Reality. Looked at reviews and got a bit nervous that it did not save my progress, but low and behold, it did. Haven't had any problems with it yet, though I don't have much time left. Would like to know how long the game is. Hate playing demos, buying the game and finding I have less than an hour left tofinish the game. It has happened. So far the graphics are o.k. Could be a bit more sharp. Thought the variations on mini-games entertaining. Have played too many HOGs, find they copy each other in many aspects. This one a nice change. Hope you get the bugs fixed soon.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 31, 10 12:46 PM
Very boring hog. Graphic is pretty good, but the gameplay and story is very boring. No buy for me

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 31, 10 1:48 PM
One word: DORKY. The scoop was a spade and the features are not clear and crisp. I only spent 10 minutes and it's not worth the money.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 31, 10 1:55 PM
It's an ice-cream or sweets scoop. It looked like a trowel, I grant you. Spade? Isn't that a shovel?

[Post New]by banditrider on May 31, 10 2:53 PM
This would have been a half decent game, when HOG's were a new genre, but fails beside most of the new ones. The mini-games are filler with no puzzle to them.

Highlighting the objects that needed a letter as the mouse passed over them seemed redundant. Surely the player could be made to find them.

Along with "spoon" and others, add "console", which seemed to me to be a remote control, though that's maybe my eyesight. And I'll go a little farther than Mr_Russ and say the scoop is definitely a trowel.

be_fair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Very different HOG

[Post New]by be_fair on May 31, 10 2:57 PM
Well, this is an atypical HOG, that's for sure!

I played about 25 minutes of the trial. It includes scenes that move, and the hidden object lists refresh for new objects when you find something. Unusual objects too, which adds ambience.

The word games would be suitable for young kids. Not for adults.

No purchase for me. I echo the 'No Saved Game' distain of others here. That is a necessary feature for a game on Big Fish.

cbnron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cbnron on May 31, 10 3:01 PM
The Hickory-shafted Spoon has 16 degrees of loft and is the same original model shape as the driver, in a smaller size and with more loft. This is a popular driver option for golfers with smoother swings who require more loft to gain the optimum trajectory.
the "spoon" is a type of golf club.

mylilpony
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mylilpony on May 31, 10 4:19 PM
Smallhaven wrote:Well, after a half hour of the demo - I'm so done with this game. If the developers don't understand the difference between a spoon and a golf club... I don't have the patience to go on.

This is an okay game but okay doesn't equal purchase for me.

a spoon is a colloquialism term for one of the short irons in a golf bag. I do agree with the poster though that the use of this term can be more than confounding to anyone unfamiliar to the game of golf

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on May 31, 10 5:28 PM
I liked this game and had no problems Saving it at any stage. Very nice Graphics and inspiring "New Age" music which I thought was very cool. The music in some areas was so lovely I could just sit and listen to it alone.

Well done BIGFISH! Definitely a Sale for me!

thackrk
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by thackrk on May 31, 10 5:33 PM
THis was a different type of HOG and totaly am enjoying it, I rarely check out puzzle or word games but will now as this game includes both features of play. Nice change of pace!

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on May 31, 10 6:15 PM
It was an "ok" game. I think the concept of finding the alphabet to fill out words was different and unique but I got bored after 10 minutes and my eyes started to hurt because the objects were just too tiny. I'm sorry, but I will pass on buying this game.

Go to: