sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Jun 4, 10 1:29 PM
Hello!

I've come to a glitch and can't find a work-around. As soon as you win a game of Fanarona (sp?) with the Chief, the game locks up. He says something about thanks for ending the curse, here's the stone piece.....then no way to exit from the game board back to the Chief's hut. I tried to save and resume, but it took me back to the beginning of the Fanarona game. I played on from there and it locks up mid-game (it glitched so bad I had to reboot the 'puter). Any work-arounds or patches out there?

Thanks

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 5, 10 12:59 AM
sgtsedlak wrote:Hello!

I've come to a glitch and can't find a work-around. As soon as you win a game of Fanarona (sp?) with the Chief, the game locks up. He says something about thanks for ending the curse, here's the stone piece.....then no way to exit from the game board back to the Chief's hut. I tried to save and resume, but it took me back to the beginning of the Fanarona game. I played on from there and it locks up mid-game (it glitched so bad I had to reboot the 'puter). Any work-arounds or patches out there?

Thanks

Hi,
After the Chief gives you the stone a video should start. This seems to be a technical issue. (it's possible to save during the board game but your position on the board will not be saved). But in fact, what is left is the final video (very nice video!) so you have solved all the tasks.

[Post New]by petitpoisson on Jun 8, 10 7:06 PM
the strip is a telegraph in morse code. You have to decode it with a book on the table somewhere .- is A -... B etc

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 8, 10 11:56 PM
dabadgy wrote:Sorry, but I am stuck at the water tower too and can't get ANYWHERE. No larger arrow ever appears, I try clicking both mouse buttons with no results...and what do I do with the newspaper or the 'stone' that are in my inventory? I am very confused.

Use the left mouse button only. Hold it down while turning in horizontal or vertical direction. In the water tower you might need to turn downwards for the arrow to appear where the ladder is.

[Post New]by Pratikm87 on Jun 11, 10 6:57 PM
just went pass through the first level i.e the train station after that i am at a village , but am stuck dnt know what to do ??

Please help me out on this

Its really a difficult game to play .

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 12, 10 12:50 AM
Pratikm87 wrote:just went pass through the first level i.e the train station after that i am at a village , but am stuck dnt know what to do ??

But you're doing very good if you made it to the village

Just do what you would do if you were left alone in a remote village, waist deep in the snow. Try to find some people to talk to. There must be some people in those cottages...

[Post New]by Pratikm87 on Jun 12, 10 7:47 AM
Martila wrote:
Pratikm87 wrote:just went pass through the first level i.e the train station after that i am at a village , but am stuck dnt know what to do ??

But you're doing very good if you made it to the village

Just do what you would do if you were left alone in a remote village, waist deep in the snow. Try to find some people to talk to. There must be some people in those cottages...

haha !! but i did talk to those rude people inside the cottage , theres even a dog but he wont talk along with the other two people , they are kind of MUTE PEOPLE
dont know what to do now ??

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 12, 10 11:50 AM
Pratikm87,
They aren't deaf, just not really talkative
You can see that the dog is sick. Maybe if you do something about it they will be friendlier to you. You've pinched something from the station which might help now. Look around if there's anything around there to make it work

[Post New]by wendycwill on Jun 13, 10 12:18 PM
how do you solve the chess like puzzle

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 13, 10 1:44 PM
wendycwill wrote:how do you solve the chess like puzzle

Do you mean the Fanorona in the Madagascar episode? (Anyway, this applies to Tablut as well in the Lapland part).
The rules are accessible from the menu which changes in the board game view and now you get an R button (for Rules).
If you have problem playing it you can set the difficulty level to Easy in the Main menu of the game, under Game options.
If this doesn't help check out the WALKTHROUGH topic for this game which contains suggestions where to find WTs.
But if you use the walkthroughs make sure to set difficulty level to Normal because those solutions will work only in that mode.

boosie1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by boosie1 on Jun 13, 10 7:37 PM

I love this game. Try to find the Inn where you'll find a girl and man. It's a couple of clicks forward and to the right. Down by the wood fence at the end of the city. Once in the Inn talk to the Man and Girl and try to help their pouch (he's so sick) poor little guy.

boosie1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by boosie1 on Jun 13, 10 7:40 PM
boosie1 wrote:

I love this game. Try to find the Inn where you'll find a girl and man. It's a couple of clicks forward and to the right. Down by the wood fence at the end of the city. Once in the Inn talk to the Man and Girl and try to help their pouch (he's so sick) poor little guy. Don't you have some medicine or something. Maybe find a cup and water - snow melts ya know.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jun 14, 10 9:53 AM
What a frustrating game. I spent so much time trying to follow the Lemur I had to give up and take a rest. I finally found the clearing and the tree, now I'm trying to change posts around Dodd's grave. Even with the walkthrough I can't seem to get it. Headache time. Why would they make the game so frustrating? It is supposed to be fun! Sorry I wasted a credit on this one.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 14, 10 4:28 PM
The grave is a complex and challenging puzzle indeed.
But its absolutely logical. You just need to be aware there is an empty space somewhere in the row.

Edited on 06/14/2010 at 4:29:13 PM PST

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Dec 2, 10 7:43 AM
I'm very new to 360 games. I tried AGON: London and thought it was too short. Nonetheless, bought it. Now I have the second game. I am having a good, if frustrating time. I have looked everywhere but cannot find the episodes 4-14. Have they ever been issued?
BTW: regards the Morse code message. There is a printed copy from Gameboomers' walkthrough; I saved it, otherwise I would never have gotten through that part.
Thanks for the information on slowing down the rotation. The first time I tried, I promptly "got most unwell,big-time. I knew I had balance difficulties, but never thought a game could trigger that. I now know better. ICK!
Nehmah

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Dec 2, 10 7:45 AM
aalaurie wrote:I love the artwork in this game. Visually, it is stunning!

Finally, by accident, discovered that if I held the left mouse button down and swung my arm to the left or the right that suddenly I was in motion. The same principle applies for up and down.

That being said, I am not good enough at this type of game, at this moment, to purchase it without some more practice. However, it has a great deal of potential for me. A year ago I would just have thrown up my hands in despair and quit cold. Now, I am provisionally quitting, but with hope.

Hope this helps! (Hope seems to be the key word here)

Thank you for your tip. I am just learning, Nehmah

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Dec 2, 10 7:49 AM
patnsky wrote:I played about half way through the demo. In ‘Options’ you can change the speed in which you look around. Since I tend to get dizzy, I changed it to Slow. Good move on my part as it was just the right speed. You also have the option of difficulty. I am usually not very good at Adventures so I changed it to Easy.

Pat

Since I have a vertigo-related problem and found out the messy way that games can trigger an episode, I really appreciate your "Options" suggestion. I love this frustrating game. Nehmah

sphinx46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar

[Post New]by sphinx46 on Nov 1, 11 3:27 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Travel From Lapland to Madagascar in this fun Adventure game! Help a historian working for the British Museum, Professor Samuel Hunt, learn the rules of a long-forgotten board game and remove the spell of the families who have been forced to guard the ancient game. Dive into a mystery and get lost in the immersive atmosphere. Travel across the globe in AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar and uncover ancient mysteries!

Go to: