Tidal town SS replacement

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

Re:Tidal town SS replacement

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 13, 18 11:41 AM
jadeice1 wrote:Hi everyone ! ? I came across Tidal Town and was surprised to find it a less vibrant Sunken Secrets. But I am willing to give it a try. I like the addition of the animals. If anyone wants to add me my code is. 5KPAAAA. I tried putting some of the friend codes I have seen on here , but it keeps saying wrong code. Idk. Maybe its me. Anyway I'm look forward to TT and if anyone adds me I will appreciate it. Happy gaming all!

I've added you.
But, I don't think you can tell.

I'm not sure why you're having that error with the codes, I've used them and they've worked fine.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 13, 18 11:47 AM
How is anyone getting on with the collections?
I've only had 2 drops from the request board, another pair of scissors and some ribbons.

But, the balloon drops seem a bit better. I've completed 1 Royal Grace collection and have a couple of Wooden Wares items.
So, I now have a throne sitting outside my museum.

Edited on 01/13/2018 at 11:48:05 AM PST

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Jan 19, 18 5:39 PM
How is everyone progressing? Have you discovered anything new as you've played longer?

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 19, 18 6:56 PM
Yes do tell, is TM sitting on the throne from the Royal Grace collection?

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 7:11:54 PM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 19, 18 11:20 PM
I've got rid of the second tentacle and now very slowly working my way along the last tier of land. It's a game where you have to get used to not making any progress for quite a while.

In order to decurse the next area (each is getting smaller!), I need 1885 Happiness, I have 1839. So, I need to completely upgrade the 6 windows, doors and chimney on Mike's House to Level 3 before I get any extra Happiness. We don't get anything for each upgrade, just when the house is completely done. For each upgrade, I need 6 rainbow stones, 5 stained glass and 5 magic wood. I have 2 more to do,

Your max magic increases with level and I've never needed more than I have. I've also stopped buying fountains. As long as it's full for the next area, there's no rush for more.

I'm levelling up far quicker than I need to. I'm on 23 and there are only 30 levels at the moment.
Money is a problem, I've bought the sheep and snack machine, so next up is a grill. But, that's 8k and I barely have 2k. But, the balloons don't seem to ask for items you can't make, so I'm not sure there's much advantage in buying these.

Townsfolk ask for things, but they only give xp, which is something I really don't need, so they all go hungry.

Storage is currently up to 330. One of the problems is that, like for building upgrade items, there's nothing pro-active I can do to get these items. I just send off the balloons when they come back and hope I get what I need. I've had to start selling some of my storage upgrade materials, as they are so out of balance I I run out of space.

I very rarely bother with the request board. If I suddenly have need for more money, I'll do it, but it just uses products I need for the balloons and makes me level up faster.

Yes, I absolutely sit on my throne. I also have a wooden rocking horse as an option now too, from another balloon collection. After collecting it the first time, you get 9 and then 10 gems for completing it again. So, I've managed to get my gems up to 75 again. The day 1 and 7 bonuses also give 5 and 10 gems, which is nice.

There's 2 types of balloons, normal and royal. We get to reject the royal ones, but you have no choice but to fill the normal ones. I don't think they refresh like in SS.

The balloons take longer and longer as you go along. I don't know if it's the number of balloons or level which makes the difference. At the moment, mine take about an hour and a half. So, basically, there's now only really something to do every 90 minutes.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 19, 18 11:37 PM
When you get tired of sitting at least you can do some rocking until the 90 minutes pass.

Is there no money to made in the market so you can buy the grill? Bbq leg of lamb might be worth a couple
If you could import some rare plant the sales from your snack machine might skyrocket

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 19, 18 11:48 PM
If I want the grill, then the request board is the best way to do it. But, I can't see any mad rush to get it. It just means more storage space will be needed for more products. And using products for the request board means that they won't be there for the balloon, which is far more important.

No rare plants yet

I ran out of space above, but so far I've had one level-triggered event early on, the pumpkin pump-up. But, that was basically to get you used to the main elements of the game.

Fairy_penguin
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by Fairy_penguin on Jan 20, 18 10:54 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:I've decided to give it a go, here's some things I noticed:

Balloons automatically give you their reward, even if you don't pop them. So no more frantic clicking and

I've noticed that the villagers are a lot more stingy with the "love" in this game vs. SS. I do like the fact that I don't have to chase the balloons tho!

dogpenny
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by dogpenny on Jan 20, 18 2:13 PM
Doesnt sound like a game I would be interested in it seems to be just a downgraded copy of SS Which upsets me i was SO looking forward to this new game and my bubble has been burst. They could have added the animals to SS I would think and not made the fountains so drab. So when I finish the Palace i will uninstall SS and forget about TT it sure dont sound like it is more exciting that SS It is for kids to play they could have made TT for kids to play and kept SS for adults seems to me. Well I will keep checking for return of SS which I think is a useless idea. I KNOW i am not going to be happy with TT just looking at Facebook issue. So bye for now at least bye after I get the Palace done I have worked too hard not to finish it when I am on the last lap of this game. Take care all and May happiness come on secret winds and surround you all in the ways of beauty. An American Indian Blessing also take care all and walk safe paths I decided to stay with SS for awhile at least until they acutally shut it down. I finished the Palace and have one Award that are used to put the towers widnows and doors which are all covered anyone know what i do with this last award it appeared when I finshed the last tower.and I have no place to put it anyone know if it goes somewhere i am missing?

Edited on 01/23/2018 at 7:44:15 PM PST

[Post New]by cmnichols on Jan 23, 18 11:30 AM
I just downloaded this game today. My ID is D94AAAAA if anyone wants to add me as a friend.

I'm bummed about them ending sunken secret
I've completed every task, have over 300 pearls, and tons of coins that will all be wasted...

forest1502
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by forest1502 on Jan 23, 18 1:40 PM
Welcome aboard, cmnichols. My ID is 1LJAAAAA.
I believe my game name is Ariel, but I may be wrong as it does not show anywhere.
I tried to use my SS name.

I made it to level 120, and am still playing to see if I can get to level 125!

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 23, 18 11:13 PM
forest1502 wrote:I believe my game name is Ariel, but I may be wrong as it does not show anywhere. I tried to use my SS name.

You are correct!

It seems easy to change your name, but it would be handy if in that dialogue box, it told you what your current name is!

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 23, 18 11:45 PM
I just got prompted to fill in a questionnaire about the game.
They may wish they hadn't asked

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 24, 18 7:51 AM
I said on that questionnaire that I was a bit miffed that I've only been playing the game for a week or so, and I've already completely finished some of the achievements. I'd like another one that has a large value, to work towards.

Out of interest, do people like to complete all of their achievement quickly, or do you prefer to have one at the end that will take a long time to complete?

I expect I'm in the minority, but never mind.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 24, 18 10:03 AM
Did the questionnaire pop up because you got to the top level of the test like it does when beta testing other games? I was wondering why the testing is being done with an app, a few times I got a email from BF to beta test a game, which I assume is just sent to random people, I wonder it they will do that when a pc version is ready, I've always wondered if they tested the ftp games the same way as the games for purchase.

Edited on 01/24/2018 at 10:04:03 AM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 24, 18 11:05 AM
Maybe the questionnaire is linked to the amount of days you have been playing, in most games the achievements are spread out to earn over the course of the game, or maybe because you reached the achievements it prompted the questionnaire.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 24, 18 11:06 AM
No, I don't know what caused it, it may have been hours spent, or they may have somehow prompted it for everyone.

I haven't reached the top level yet, but unfortunately, I went up to 26 today.

My guess is that this is their Open Beta for the game as a whole and maybe when it's released properly, it'll be for all platforms at once.
The game itself seems perfectly stable, it's just a bit limited.
One of the questions was how did it compare with Sunken Secrets, which seemed a bit daft, as SS was a released game with much more functionality.

I'm wondering whether I'll lose my game when they do release it, but I'm not too fussed if that happens, as I'm intending to start again on the PC version.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 24, 18 11:51 AM
I was wondering if that would happen to you guys too, when I tested a couple games for purchase I started out on the next level after the end of the test levels when I purchased it, but since what you are playing is coming through google you might start out fresh once the finished game is released on BF.

Megamundo28
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Megamundo28 on Jan 28, 18 10:23 AM
I have downloaded and added a couple of you (hope you don’t mind). My code is 6NAAAAA. Not too sure if you need the = which appears after the N and before the first of the A’s.

Very disappointed that Sunken is being abandoned by the developers. This new version (let.’s face it it’s Sunken Secrets 2) is Ok but wish the game was completely different rather than a remake. Maybe time will make me like it a little more but I doubt it.

Edited on 01/28/2018 at 10:27:01 AM PST

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Jan 28, 18 11:15 AM
I just tried it out and quite enjoyed it. It was a lot like starting SS over again. It does level up really quick!

It's nice to have animals. But it would be better to be able to sew plants to grow plants, rather than spend coins. I can see that getting expensive later on.

Oh and the wizard is right in front of some rubble. Moving him would be good.

Go to: