Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 6, 10 12:48 AM
bfgZambezi wrote:Welcome to the forums penny99!

If you purchased Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition, you will receive three punches on your monthly Game Club Punch Card. You don't receive additional credits for purchasing Collector's Editions, but they do count toward three punches for your monthly Game Club Punch Card. You should have been notified by email about your Punch Card punches, but if you're concerned that you didn't receive that email, you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the online web form.

To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket. Just one little question, where are you located ?? I'm in France, so the difference in time is ??? Is it 6 hours for NY ? ahead of backward. My head is about to burst !

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Jun 6, 10 8:35 AM
This game is Excellent!

Edited on 06/06/2010 at 8:37:08 AM PST

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 6, 10 10:31 PM
well i am one of those who are on the fence with this game...i would have liked a bit more adventure, and a little less HOG scenes..but on that note, i did find that all of the items where quite easy to see/find, compared to some games. i have only played the hour demo so far, so maybe it does get more challenging, but am finding quite easy so far..i will have to check the walkthrough if i was to purchase, as to how long the game play is..
i think i will wait a while and see what else comes along before purchasing...

fragileind
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by fragileind on Jun 7, 10 7:15 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. If you liked the first, you will definitely have fun with this one. It seemed even better in plot than the first (which had a pretty crazy storyline), and a bit longer, I think, with interesting search scenes -- no junk piles. Plus it has the elements I enjoyed in the Tarot Card game -- excellent graphics, intriguing puzzles that aren't too frustrating, and I was able to skip one that I could tell after trying a few times would annoy me (moving the stones thru obstacles). There is a lot of hidden object play, and you either enjoy that or you don't. This has variety in the types of search, and I was able to feel the search was fair, even if I needed a hint (which reloads pretty quickly). Another thing you either enjoy or you don't is the occasional sense of not knowing what to do next or where to go. I don't mind running around from scene to scene, in fact, it adds to the game for me. I did consult the walkthrough twice to keep from getting stuck, and both times I was stuck because I forgot about a puzzle or interactive left undone from before. *forehead smack* :-) The complexity and quality make it an expensive feeling game, if you know what I mean. Not everyone likes this style of play, but if you do, it's a keeper, it is for me.

mdgram
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdgram on Jun 9, 10 2:05 PM
It was nice to play something that wasn't too dark for a change. My only complaint is, at the end, the credits were on a loop and I had to use task manager to get out of the game.

[Post New]by regalman on Jun 9, 10 4:47 PM
I love this game except for when I get to the laser rooms and ventillation fan. The sliding doors at the end of the laser rooms won't open also after I turn the power off to the vent fan I can't go past. There is supposedly a puzzle to solve but can't find it.. I also cannot back out of corridor #1 so I'm stuck...HELP ANYONE!!

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jun 9, 10 6:43 PM
Not too shabby. I enjoyed the puzzles and story. Kept me interested. Had major problems with lock-ups in very active scenes (had to wait for the graphics to "catch-up." Also the spray can in the rooms was difficult to utilize. Figured out you have to have your curser exactly on the sprayer (not just the can) and spray spray spray. You will eventually get through. The final scene beginning with the snow falling locked up so tight, went and had a peanut-butter sandwich. All final scenes locked up on me, but I waited them out and managed to see the end. One suggestion, stop placing dark shaped items in the black part of the rooms. This is just so lame. I'm just saying....

bluedage
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bluedage on Jun 11, 10 3:15 AM
I didn't like this game either. The constant going back and forth. ZZZzzzz

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jun 11, 10 7:41 PM
I think I just did a DD! Demo & Demo. LOL Tried the demo for the C.E., and then the demo for the S.E.

Surprisingly, when I opened the SE demo, my name and the portion of the game I'd saved was still there.

This SE is a definite buy for me.

[Post New]by Goldie40 on Jun 20, 10 5:52 PM
Hey all I got this game and bet it in 3 hours. I played the demo and liked it so I got it with my coupon and kept playing so when I got to the end of the game I was not happy as I though it would take me longer to bet but it didn't and I was mad for a few days. so if you want an easy game I would say yes get it but if your like me and love playing hidden object games don't get this one way to easy. Have fun playing and keep it real.

Thanks
Goldie40

[Post New]by dimples79 on Jun 23, 10 11:16 AM
Enjoyed the game when I could actually play it. I found that it was a challenge to proceed from one place to another as there didn't seem to be clear "links". Had to return to the forum too often for the walkthrough and it took a long time to reload. Would have liked to be able to get help without actually having to come right out of the game each time.

Joymul
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Joymul on Jun 25, 10 2:20 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I have bought the CE already for a few weeks and I am really happy about it. Its a great hog with great graphic, great story and great searching scenes. A great buy if you haven`t already bought the CE

What is the CE? Sorry if I seem a bit dense.
Joyce

Joymul
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Joymul on Jun 25, 10 2:23 PM
dimples79 wrote:Enjoyed the game when I could actually play it. I found that it was a challenge to proceed from one place to another as there didn't seem to be clear "links". Had to return to the forum too often for the walkthrough and it took a long time to reload. Would have liked to be able to get help without actually having to come right out of the game each time.

That would be good, but you can always do what I sometimes do, and that is copy and paste the walkthrough into word. That way you can change screens without actually exiting the game.

Joymul
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Joymul on Jun 25, 10 2:26 PM
AnnieO_2424mad wrote:I think I just did a DD! Demo & Demo. LOL Tried the demo for the C.E., and then the demo for the S.E.

Surprisingly, when I opened the SE demo, my name and the portion of the game I'd saved was still there.

This SE is a definite buy for me.

I am dense - what is the SE?
Perhaps I'm getting a bit too old for all these contractions. We seem to be getting a bit lazy with our speech these days. I suppose texting is doing that to us

Joymul
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Joymul on Jun 29, 10 9:19 PM
I bought the game, and am quite enjoying it, but as has already been said, the items to find are so very very small that it becomes frustrating. I also find that the limited number of hints becomes a problem. Especially when you have used them all up and find that there are new sites to visit in the chapter. The mini games are a little too easy. It would have been better if the player wasn't directed so obviously to the next move. Let us find our own way.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jul 6, 10 12:43 PM
a very good game, definitely 4 / 5 or better!
Strong points for:
* Keeping same play mechanics as 1st game - 3 types of object searches via 3 types of cards
* storyline although fantastical is quite nicely done
* numerous puzzles, a definite bonus, well done & most are unique & a few quite tricky
* attractive cutscenes that can be read at own pace
* excellent localization of dialogues & texts
* object search locations are varied & graphics very nice with good lighting effects
* good length
* perfect difficulty balance - some easy, some quite difficult
* good hint system, fast refill
* no sparkles that give away everything; we can "think" our way through & gain much playing satisfaction
* lovely controls & no issues on Win7 Ultimate

In short, a strong sense of "being in the adventure" with some cool quests. Ending is perhaps a bit contrived, though.

Definitely looking forward to the next Strange Cases...
THANKS Sulus Games & !

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 12:46:19 PM PST

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jul 14, 10 9:19 AM
Joymul wrote:
dimples79 wrote:Enjoyed the game when I could actually play it. I found that it was a challenge to proceed from one place to another as there didn't seem to be clear "links". Had to return to the forum too often for the walkthrough and it took a long time to reload. Would have liked to be able to get help without actually having to come right out of the game each time.

That would be good, but you can always do what I sometimes do, and that is copy and paste the walkthrough into word. That way you can change screens without actually exiting the game.

Or...just have the Walk through open in BFG while playing the game and just use Alt + Tab.

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Jul 17, 10 9:58 PM
I loved this game!!! I hope there is a third on the way.

Purple_One
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Purple_One on Aug 2, 10 8:54 PM
I may be the only one; but, this game is driving me crazy. I got the code from the forum for the safe in the frige; but, it wouldn't work unless i went through all the steps before it...what was odd tho, is that when i went to the apartment 90? where the guy gives you the dvd, I didn't ring the doorbell because I had keys and thought I was supposed to use them on the door...they fit right into the lock and stayed there and opened the door, but no DVD, no guy, nothing I needed. I don't like a game that i have to go to a walkthrough to get every single movement I have to do to play a game, how stupid is that?? sure isn't fun in my opinion. I am a logic and reasoning person and these attributes are of no use in this kind of game.
I surely do not want my PC to crash, I have Windows XPSP3 and I don't have a lot of the problems that Vista and Windows 7 have with games, my problems are the games themselves and the way you have to play them. I am retired now and do not enjoy having to work so hard to play a game that I have to go back and forth to get step-by-step instructions, what fun is that?...you don't need a brain to play a game that way. Sorry, fishies, had to vent on this one. out it goes. I don't even want to go any farther to get the keys to the car. God bless.

[Post New]by butterfly98 on Aug 25, 10 1:08 PM
This is the most boring game I have ever played and am I sorry that I bought it!

Go to: