BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Mysterious Travel - The Magic Diary

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Jun 6, 10 7:07 AM
Very easy - too easy. Only had one number left to find when demo ran out. Would not buy.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 6, 10 8:31 AM
Have to agree with the majority here and one word describes this game perfectly...
boring. Sorry developers but we're getting too used to the quality of games such as Dire Grove, Royal Envoy, Love & Death:Bitten etc. to accept just any old game!

Shame really as I think with some interaction and less childish graphics this could have been a reasonable game but it falls way short. I have a credit burning a hole in my email inbox that won't be getting used on something this dull.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 6, 10 9:35 AM
a few things... plot reminded me of "lost in the city" but waaay watered down and maybe with the disney touch of 'nothing ever goes wrong that can't be fixed'... finding twenty TINY objects along with your list does NOT constitute a decent hidden object scene... and just because you make the music quiet and nice and the graphics fairly clear and nice and a storyline that's easy to follow and nice - all that doesn't mean that the game is going to sell like hotcakes and everyone will love it! personally i think it pretty much sucks and doesn't even warrant the free time playing... i'm cashing in after fifteen minutes and not looking back...

to those of you who are enjoying this game, enjoy your mystery tour!

i have other exploring to do!

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Jun 6, 10 11:17 AM
I played nine minutes of the demo, and that was pretty much enough for me. Not much of a story, not much excitement in the game play, nothing special or outstanding. For me, this game is a pass. I'm not even sure I'd buy it as a daily deal.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Jun 6, 10 11:45 AM

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jun 6, 10 3:58 PM
bailey8877 wrote:I couldn't stand this game! I played for maybe 10 mins. and erased it. If your an experienced gamer, don't even bother with the download.
My sentiments as well. I played 35 minutes and quit--I think this is okay for complete relaxation or for beginners, but it is in no way compelling. I was disappointed-a no-buy even if it were the DD.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 6, 10 5:21 PM
I enjoyed the demo. I rather like the whole thing with the invisible/ghost people. I'm easily amused enough to be intrigued by the story. The magnifier feature is a nice touch. The graphics quality seems to be fine, even when magnified. I want to keep playing so I'm using a game coupon on it.

Update: Played clear thru it just now. Enjoyed it. Because of the negative reviews in the forum, my expectations were realistic. It's a lite game, nothing to rave about, but pleasant.

For one thing, it's very light on ambient sounds - it's all music, but music I could live with ok.

There's no hints in mini-games, but after awhile you can skip them. (There were a couple I had to skip after finding all but one thing.)

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 7:57:29 AM PST

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Jun 6, 10 5:54 PM
I played 29 min. and decided I was so bored it would be more interesting to go finish cleaning my kitty litter boxes. Sorry, this is a no buy for me, not even if it becomes the DD.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 6, 10 6:54 PM
had this game come out 5-6 years ago it would have been a success

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 6, 10 8:20 PM
I found this game okay, but I don't think I will purchase it even as a DD. I did skip most of the reading parts, but I still didn't really find much of a storyline, or at least one I found interesting.

Some of the hidden objects were difficult to find while others were really easy. The minigames were okay, but I really can't stand find-the-difference (FTD) and there were quite few in this game. There were no hints available during the FTD games which was sort of frustrating. If you couldn't find the last difference, you could only skip the game. I think minigames really add to a game, so I didn't want to skip them, especially when I had invested so much time already. Hints refreshed really quick, but there was a slight time penalty for random clicking.

I still had 20 minutes left on my hour demo, but I was bored with the game by that time so I just deleted it.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jun 6, 10 9:14 PM
Well, piffle. Another no buy for me. I gave it a half hour and uninstalled. It was boring and you're sitting there wondering what the heck this is all about. Like why all the ghosts or invisible people? All you know is you've won a trip...then it's mostly all HOG. I hate find the difference puzzles and hate putting puzzles together that require you to turn them every which way before you can place them. And the music was annoying too. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Jun 7, 10 6:36 AM
I played 45 minutes of Demo for better take....
love the ghost/invisible people
*Music ok-but usually turn off to listen to the AM News anyway
*Spot the difference--skipped most as I would get to last item & no hint
*about five wrong clicks & you get dinged 30 seconds (had to try it out) although not needed
*cannot change curser from eyeball
*most graphice clear-kinda funny the bright yellow pepper (ball) on a bright yellow chair (umbrella)
*not alot of dialog*
Very easy Ihog, relaxing (reminds me of Love Letters ease)
Maybe a 2-3 hour
will prolly think of it if every goes to DD
all in all about a 6 out of 10

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 7, 10 9:35 AM
Just not happening here. Did not complete the demo like most of the fishes here. Need more excitement here.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jun 7, 10 11:49 AM
This is a nice enough game - some story, nice minigames, and some same scene interaction - absolutely perfect for beginners.

Hint system recovers very quickly and the game ran well with no technical issues at all.

be_fair
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by be_fair on Jun 7, 10 5:50 PM
Yep, frustrating to get all of those tiny and invisible ****.

Game was more annoying than boring. For me, anyways. I didn't purchase.

Cute concept with the story though.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jun 9, 10 9:45 AM
Just couldn't get through the demo - nothing compelling or engaging. And I usually love the games from this developer, as many others have mentioned. A definite "no" for me.

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Jun 9, 10 11:44 AM
I've played about 8 minutes of the demo and like it so far, but in order for me to buy the story would have to be going somewhere, not just pointless hidden object searches. I'm hopeful, but from the reviews I've read so far I'm going to be cautious about buying this one. I loved SSheriff 1 and 2. They were such fun games and I would love to see a third one come out. They were short but worth it to me for the entertainment value.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Jun 12, 10 1:08 PM
Snore. The plot was somewhat interesting, but I got bored. Not a buy for me. I wasn't impressed with the graphics, they seemed grainy and dull.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jul 4, 10 11:22 AM
Just read that these folks did Steve the Sheriff – I did not like that one either. The style just does not do it for me. The notes from the mysterious boss lost my interest. Was interesting watching the invisible people for a while.
With this one, I know I clicked on items and was told it was a miss when later it turned out that it was correct. Hate it when that happens.

Edited on 07/04/2010 at 11:23:25 AM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jul 4, 10 4:00 PM
Thank you Puzzledone for your comments. Enlightening.
I like the game. I love the silliness of it. The invisible people. Just fun, you know..
It's simple, yes, but like you, I am not spoiled by all of the more sophisticated games.
I still love to have some straight HOGs (well the fun ones anyway) to just play to relax.
And with the sale on, hey, what better timing?
I bought it. I like the graphics too and the music.

Go to: