Re:Post Any My Singing Monsters Technical Issues Here

[Post New]by caroleleah on Dec 4, 13 12:30 PM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,
Good news! We've just released a new update for the game that should resolve many of these technical issues you're experiencing. To find out more about that, just click on the blue text below:
Thank you again so much for your patience as we worked on this game!
bfgDeveron

OMG!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
For the first time in 13 days (since 11/21) I'm actually able to play the game, instead of feeling like I'm going to a detested job!!
WOOT!

It has been next to impossible to collect coins or cook, taking 15-20 clicks each time. I was having to zoom in as tight as possible and then drag every target to a tiny 'Sweet Spot' in the upper left of my screen, which was the ONLY place on the screen that any mouse clicks were recognized. Even that didn't work well, and some of my monsters have gone uncollected for 13 days, as their "footprint" is so small that I never could find the precise pixel in my clicking (Clamble, Dandidoo, Potbelly).
It has been literally impossible to move anything around on my islands, so decorating was out of the question. IMHO, the game should have been completely pulled while bugs were worked out, as it was that bad (YMMV, of course - this has been truly awful on my computer, though)

But NOW-!!! I can click on my monsters and don't have to be zoomed all the way in so close that I can only see their head! I just moved some guys into/out of the hotel, & the mouse still responds afterwards! I can redecorate!!! YAY!

Yes, the sound effects are now louder & don't respond to being turned down from the options button. I can turn down my master volume on my computer & put up with that (until the next fix! lol!), as it does not affect my gameplay otherwise. I didn't notice anything else in my game that seems to be an entirely new issue with this update/fix. We all seem to be having different things crop up, tho', so that's just my own experience so far with this update.

The mines still don't show how long till diamond harvest, & Earth Island's Clamble, Thumpies, and Noggin are still mute. But the MOUSE is fixed!! WOOT!

TY, !!

Edited on 12/04/2013 at 12:39:13 PM PST

[Post New]by batfanmac on Dec 4, 13 12:36 PM
Since the Dec. 3 update the Sound Effects Volume is uncontrollable. I normally keep it way down or 'off' to enjoy the music. Now the slider is useless to adjust the volume. I get loud or louder. Could you also add a mute button for the Sound Effects please?

popcorngal
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by popcorngal on Dec 4, 13 12:52 PM
I've had the same problem since the 12/3 update and it's extremely irritating to me. I'm usually listening to online radio/movies while playing so having the jangling noise of a cash register and such is really annoying. Unless the inability to completely mute the sound is resolved I probably won't be playing the game any more.

[Post New]by desperak on Dec 4, 13 1:09 PM
What is the point of posting a so called update when it causes the volume to be set to extra loud and the button doesn't work at all? Congratulations for bringing in one more bug to this game. So sorry I updated. If you can avoid doing it please do. This makes the game so unenjoyable. I really liked the sound ambiance at a controllable level.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 4, 13 1:35 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hi there Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues that have come up in the game since the new update

tazruby2000 and FishyFemale, it may help if you try adjusting the volume of the monsters individually. This can be done by clicking on a monster and then clicking on the 'Move' icon. You should then see a 'Volume' slider appear on the bottom-left side of the window.

If that doesn't help, I recommend contacting our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> with a <as-html><a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688/kw/Dr.%20Felix">Dr. Felix Report</a></as-html> and one of our Reps can help troubleshoot the issue. Just be sure to include your BBB ID (Friend Code) which can be found by clicking the Options Cog, then clicking Help in the game.

qualityfrog125, I apologize for the delay in your response from Customer Support, as we are still catching up from the Thanksgiving holiday. I have located your ticket and it appears one of our Reps sent a response on December 3 and it should be in your email inbox. There should be some instructions to help troubleshoot the game.

I hope this helps and Happy Gaming!

bfgWendwater
Thanks for the suggestion, i tried everything you said, but it didn't work. In this update my BBB id is not showing up at all. I tried to re-install to get it back with no luck. I contacted support after installing with Dr Felix report. Also the update says it is version 1.2.2 and if you look if the MSM folder, it says 1.2.5 something is wrong somewhere. I noticed it when defraging my hard drive.

NLW64
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by NLW64 on Dec 4, 13 6:54 PM
Thank you so much for your persistence in getting the developer to make a fix for the pointer problem! My game works perfectly again, and I was able to place the 5 waiting monsters on Gold Island (and get 5 million for them) I'm not having any problem with the sound, it doesn't seem to be any different. (I have Windows 7, & use Chrome., if that makes any difference.)

Pinkglow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkglow on Dec 4, 13 7:21 PM
I just updated my game and am having problems too. After updating the game I went in to play the memory game and I don't know what level I was at, but it suddenly brought me out to the login page and when I went back in it wouldn't let me even select the memory game to play. When I click on the brain it does nothing. Then it wouldn't let me click on my monsters to collect their cash. I left the game and restarted my computer and the problem I was having with collecting cash seems to be gone, but I still can't access the memory game. I also didn't collect any winnings for playing it to the level I was at before it bumped me out. I should have known better to update when I wasn't having any problems. Any suggestions?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 4, 13 7:51 PM
Pinkglow wrote:I just updated my game and am having problems too. After updating the game I went in to play the memory game and I don't know what level I was at, but it suddenly brought me out to the login page and when I went back in it wouldn't let me even select the memory game to play. When I click on the brain it does nothing. Then it wouldn't let me click on my monsters to collect their cash. I left the game and restarted my computer and the problem I was having with collecting cash seems to be gone, but I still can't access the memory game. I also didn't collect any winnings for playing it to the level I was at before it bumped me out. I should have known better to update when I wasn't having any problems. Any suggestions?
I am having problems with using the ovens and the audio cuts out. I sent a ticket in for support the same day after installing it. The only thing i can do is collect coins, breed and buy from the shop. I would send a ticket with a Dr. Felix and tell them everything that is happened after the update. The more reports the better to help them with fixing the current bugs. And i know i should of never upgraded. But there is one known error. The question mark with the info has version 1.2.2 and the new one is 1.2.5, so that was not changed. The bad thing i can't see my BBB id number, which they might need for support. Hope this helps.

Pinkglow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkglow on Dec 4, 13 11:14 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. I've never used Dr. Felix before, but I'm sure I can figure it out and will submit a ticket like you suggested. I hope you are able to get you problems resolved too.

[Post New]by Tayla9999 on Dec 5, 13 9:45 AM
My breeder is not working what do I do? Also I don't know how to move my monster to the gold planet what do I do?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 5, 13 10:00 AM
Tayla9999 wrote:My breeder is not working what do I do? Also I don't know how to move my monster to the gold planet what do I do?
I would contact support and use Dr. Felix report. Also make sure you include your BBB id from the question mark. I know i am having issues with this update, choppy audio that goes in/out, ovens don't function right and buying/selling words don't show up. Also my BBB id is missing. As far as moving monsters to gold island, they need to be level 15. Go to the gold island and you will see a place icon on the lower right side of the screen. Hope this helps.

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 10:02:14 AM PST

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Dec 5, 13 12:10 PM
I have been playing with the sound on my speakers turned way down. It's almost to the point that I can barely hear the music. However, the ultra loud sound effects are still blast out. The k-ching when collecting from my monsters is bad enough, but the trumpet fanfare that plays when you place a monster out of the nursery nearly damaged my eardrums. Until they offer a new update to fix this I will only be checking in once a day to collect from the monsters with the sound OFF. What a shame since this was a fun little game that I truly enjoyed.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 5, 13 1:37 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm just popping back in because there still seems to be some issues with the game's sound and finding the BBB ID.

Your unique BBB ID should appear by clicking on the 'Options' (gear) icon and then click the 'Help' button to see your player information.

Also, we are currently investigating the issues with the sound on some computers and I'm sorry to see that those problems continue to come up. Please keep in mind, the music, sound effects and ambiance volumes can be adjusted or muted using the sliders in the 'Options' menu.

tazruby2000 has got it exactly right! If you are having problems with either of these issues or if you are experiencing any other problems, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a <as-html>Dr. Felix Report</as-html> and one of our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot.

Thank you all for your input!

bfgWendwater

AJ__
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by AJ__ on Dec 5, 13 4:31 PM
bfgWendwater wrote: Please keep in mind, the music, sound effects and ambiance volumes can be adjusted or muted using the sliders in the 'Options' menu.
bfgWendwater

Well, that is part of the bug, the slider will not work for the sound effects. Hopefully this bug gets fixed soon, for an audio type of game this is very annoying.

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 4:45:07 PM PST

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Dec 5, 13 5:41 PM
Tayla9999 wrote:My breeder is not working what do I do? Also I don't know how to move my monster to the gold planet what do I do?

Are your monsters at least up to level 4? You cannot breed them if they aren't.

To move a monster to gold planet, go to gold planet, click on "Move" and when the list of level 15 monsters comes up click on the monster you want to move.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by twinpop1215 on Dec 5, 13 5:58 PM
Ever since I downloaded the new update I keep getting the error message:

Connection issues. Please try again later.

I have been trying for 3 days at all different times of the day or night to see if it was a problem during a high peak usage time.
Any suggestions on how to fix this? If I reinstall will I lose all that had been saved?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 5, 13 6:53 PM
twinpop1215 wrote:Ever since I downloaded the new update I keep getting the error message:

Connection issues. Please try again later.

I have been trying for 3 days at all different times of the day or night to see if it was a problem during a high peak usage time.
Any suggestions on how to fix this? If I reinstall will I lose all that had been saved?
I would send a support ticket with a Dr. Felix report. Tell them everything that is happening. I get that message more with this version then the old one. This update might have caused a issue with the connection. Like i have audio that is choppy and goes in/out, ovens don't function right and i can't even see my BBB id. When contacting support, click the question for the BBB id, it might help them. And Uninstalling it would not lose your game, since this update i tried to re-install it 3 different times with no changes with the problems, still there.

popcorngal
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by popcorngal on Dec 5, 13 7:10 PM
AJ__ wrote:
bfgWendwater wrote: Please keep in mind, the music, sound effects and ambiance volumes can be adjusted or muted using the sliders in the 'Options' menu.
bfgWendwater

Well, that is part of the bug, the slider will not work for the sound effects. Hopefully this bug gets fixed soon, for an audio type of game this is very annoying.

There wasn't a problem with the sound effects on my game until the 12/3 update. So yeah... the slider works fine for the monster singing and checking the box to mute/unmute the ambiance works. But much to my annoyance the slider for sound effects is useless now.

Hopefully this bug will be an easy fix.

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 7:11:01 PM PST

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Dec 6, 13 1:51 AM
bfgWendwater wrote:Please keep in mind, the music, sound effects and ambiance volumes can be adjusted or muted using the sliders in the 'Options' menu.

Tried that. Doesn't do a thing. The sound effects are still so loud they overpower the music and endanger your eardrums if you are using headphones as I found out.
I didn't have a bit of trouble adjusting the sound before the 12/3 update.

danni1961kel
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by danni1961kel on Dec 6, 13 2:33 AM
darkeningfire wrote:Anyone else having an issue where almost every time you try buy something, while you're "placing" it, a promo ad pops up disabling everything, including the "yes/no" buttons of the promo? So you can't click anything at all?

I send a support ticket in the first time it happened as a "by the way", but now it's happening nearly every time

YES , im having same problem the market purchasing pop up for 40% off ad...would lock the game up almost everytime it came up ....after a while the computer started shutting down instead of locking,,,, it was too hard on the system and the computer would run for a while and shut down on other applications afterwards ...
the computer was a year old and i had no problems with locking up until MSM specifically...one day my computer would not stay running it would shut down after a while and wouldnt stay running .i checked everything on the computer it seemed fine..so i went and bought a brand new computer ..and coincidence or tech issue ..
but now the brand new system is doing the same thing with a completly differnt windows and setup.. the same freezing on pop up and now this system is starting to restart itself..i checked the the errors message in the logs and it says my singing monsters error all the way down the log list from the first day i installed it..no other errors..if my computer dies this time im not playing msm again..

Go to: