NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jan 26, 16 11:21 PM
gohill wrote:
I view my current feelings as realistic as opposed to pessimistic.

EXACTLY my point! (I am a realist...that is my nature.)

crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by crisgori on Jan 27, 16 12:14 AM
The worst update ever. This update subtracts the reason to play this game. In addition to the absurdity that you have to craft artefacts using items that are always in the same rooms and that you don't earn any experience searching the various rooms, now there's no sense in having neighbours if you can't fulfil their requests as you just earn a few coins or one shard searching.
I started to play the game as it was set up, long ago, then quit as I didn't like it anymore and I found it boring. Now I think I'll quit once for all. I understand that's business for you Devs but I think there should be a limit to the greed: if you'll lose a lot of players you'll lose money, think it over!

Edited on 01/28/2016 at 1:45:36 AM PST

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Jan 27, 16 2:01 AM
My message to the moderator said that I was no longer playing the game , that I was only going to gift to friends because they had taken the fun out of the game.

This is what I will continue to do until the game is played as before or the HOS rewards are comparable to what they were. When an HOS gave a piece of inventory worth 30 coins and the payout now is only 15 coins or a shard we are losing. Another loss is progress in the game because we didn't earn what we were expecting and have to wait an hour before we can try again to earn it. This has caused frustration and for me has taken away the fun.
The fair thing to do, if they want to reward more shards, would be to drop the shards randomly the way they do stamps and items for the airship. Don't take away the reward system we have had since the beginning of the game.
Updates are supposed to improve the game, not take away what we had.

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 2:04:43 AM PST

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Jan 27, 16 2:19 AM
I can't understand why they didn't just make it one of the rewards for collecting the flowers. At the moment I mainly get coins, with the occasional diamond or stamp, from the flower drop. I really enjoyed the way during the events you got different things from the snowflake or pumpkin drop - xmas cards, pumpkins etc. Made it seem less boring when collecting the morphing things. With the flowers it's a bit boring and getting one shard for collecting five flowers is a good comparable reward - getting one shard for doing a HOS is not a comparable reward, it's a joke.

Nat (Auliva in the castle)

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 2:20:05 AM PST

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Jan 27, 16 3:02 AM
A reward for the morphing flowers is a very good idea since they already pay out with an occasional stamp or diamond.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Jan 27, 16 3:43 AM
Great idea, Wishtar, to start a petition. I don't know if it will make any difference, have to say I'm pessimistic (realistic?). The list shows clearly that players from top levels to low levels are unhappy (great idea Gohill). I already knew it, but it's good to see it proven.

Lenore

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 3:45:19 AM PST

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jan 27, 16 4:54 AM
gohill, my view is pessimistic because I've played several of the FTP games that have shut down and still play some that are in limbo. Midnight Castle is the one I keep coming back to. I'm not holding my breath for them to change it back. I do try to look on the optimistic side of things but it's hard. Now that said I held out a lot of hope that this was just a test because it took a few days for iOS to get the update and then a little longer for the Android players.

I have to agree with Amergie. I've looked at the update from all angles. I don't like the added drop nor do I like the percentage of the drop rates. At least before I would get something useful since the find button doesn't work the DQ's and I've been working on those achievements. I even did all of the side quests and finished up the HOS that the side quests didn't send me to. You know it only added five more minutes to my merry go round time. I was saddened. Oh well, I'll keep moving on. It's what I do until I can't any more.

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 4:54:59 AM PST

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Jan 27, 16 5:11 AM
I have signed the petition.

This is the only game I play, and it has kept me very captivated until now. I will not continue to spend time in the castle if this situation is not improved. It "feels" like it really is a waste of time now.

I will certainly not be spending any more of my money there!

So disappointed

Woke up early this morning with no desire to enter the castle. Reading a book and following the forum...

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 5:17:08 AM PST

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Jan 27, 16 5:54 AM
Hi Debs (dwilson11),

That's a really great idea for instant revenue! (See Post now back on page 18!) If the devs were thinking outside the box, they'd go for it in an instant. Just give a little to get a windfall. Sadly, there's one thing wrong with it, like most of the others in this thread -- it's a good idea Sadly, good ideas don't seem very popular with the powers that be.

I was told by a Mod that "one of the reasons behind this update was that the developers wanted to increase the chances of players being able to find magic shards." But this doesn't make sense because you could always disenchant inventory items for shards. In fact, there's an achievement for that. Now we get shards INSTEAD of inventory items, so players are NOT getting any more shards than before. Plus you lose out on the achievement if you don't convert items into shards. I really don't get this. Really

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 6:09:55 AM PST

kitty4545
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by kitty4545 on Jan 27, 16 5:59 AM
Hi everyone.
A friend has just alerted me to the petition, so can I ask a question please to save scrolling through this huge thread?
I understand the concern about the drop rates and see the point in the frustration here.
Are you advocating that the side quests are taken away and everything goes back to how it was?
The reason I ask is that some players are finding the new side quests fun and don't want to lose this.
Would it be a solution if drop rates were altered back to previous levels, but the side quests kept?
Thanks

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 27, 16 6:04 AM
Hi Kitty, We are only asking that the rate drop be changed back. Nothing else. I would also enjoy the side quests if I could collect the items I needed to do them, hence the drop rate. The explanation is at the beginning of the thread. First post, just hit the page 1 button to see it

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Jan 27, 16 6:05 AM
kitty4545 wrote:Hi everyone.
A friend has just alerted me to the petition, so can I ask a question please to save scrolling through this huge thread?
I understand the concern about the drop rates and see the point in the frustration here.
Are you advocating that the side quests are taken away and everything goes back to how it was?
The reason I ask is that some players are finding the new side quests fun and don't want to lose this.
Would it be a solution if drop rates were altered back to previous levels, but the side quests kept?
Thanks

As I read it, what you have stated is exactly what the petition is asking for, HOS drops only!

[Post New]by Gymfan on Jan 27, 16 6:13 AM
So disappointed with the update. Played the Town this morning and got 2 items from the entire town. Rest were shards/gold. I have new hos I recently opened and I don't even know what items they drop because I only get shards/gold from them.

I am at level 45 and I have played for about a year I think.

I will be taking a break from game. I cannot deal with this change. Will wait to see if they will change it back.

Gymfan in the castle

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Jan 27, 16 6:18 AM
I would love to have the items drop, with something extra to a newer level added.

I love Hos so why has that dried up? I don't mind new things

I guess my old adage (for my husband) was keep him wanting more! But I realized it was what he wanted not what tortured him![u]

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 6:20:00 AM PST

kitty4545
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by kitty4545 on Jan 27, 16 6:25 AM
Thanks for the reply Wishtar and Diane.
I'm glad to hear this.
Maybe this point needs to be made clearer as the few posts stating they like the changes have been met with posts about the maths.
I don't think anybody can disagree with the maths argument as it's stats, they just quite innocently posted that they are enjoying the new quests.
If I go and sign, am I allowed to add a to keeping the side quests?
Thanks,
Kitty

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Jan 27, 16 6:33 AM
Kitty, if it makes you feel better you can, but the petition thread is only a request to change the HOS drops. All other comments belong here or on the "I wish to say thank you" thread".

Personally, I have not yet achieved level 54 so my game seems to have no added value from this update. I am glad yours has!

Edited on 01/27/2016 at 6:38:18 AM PST

kitty4545
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by kitty4545 on Jan 27, 16 6:37 AM
Thanks Diane,
I'll leave it here then.
Kitty

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jan 27, 16 6:50 AM
I have just lost the will to play; went in today, checked the daily quest, did the first (search crypt and armour) received coins and shards; the second, search 2 HOS, 1 item two coins and shards (the item, only because it was part of an adjoining quest, methinks)
Went back to the in and logged off. Dispirited. Will probably delete the game and go back to downloading usual HOS games

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Jan 27, 16 6:57 AM
chris_2_4 wrote:I have just lost the will to play; went in today, checked the daily quest, did the first (search crypt and armour) received coins and shards; the second, search 2 HOS, 1 item two coins and shards (the item, only because it was part of an adjoining quest, methinks)
Went back to the in and logged off. Dispirited. Will probably delete the game and go back to downloading usual HOS games

Chris, I totally agree with your feelings about the HOS's. Please do the rest of us the favor of "signing" the petition. I am still holding out hope that they will listen while I continue to read rather than play....

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Jan 27, 16 8:02 AM
I have gone over to my PC game (which I only play occasionally, hence the former game name (InfrequentPlayer, now changed to IfP I hate update) to check functionality without updating. I cannot seem to collect my gifts from friends. I appear to get a gift, but the friend icon does not go away and "gift" not added to inventory. Presume I need the update for that now....

Anyone else who has "avoided" updating having an issue with receiving gifts?

Go to: