Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions

[Post New]by notinturkey on Apr 7, 15 1:21 PM
Ok so I have been pretty persistent for about five days now. But I don't seem to get anywhere. Is it because I am not spending real world money?

Re:Newbie Questions

[Post New]by notinturkey on Apr 7, 15 1:39 PM
Please don't all shout out at once.......

aventeux
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by aventeux on Apr 7, 15 1:46 PM
As far as I can remember, the beginning of the game is pretty slow since you tend to deplete your energy bar very fast and it takes forever to replenish.

My advice would be not to bother helping the creatures unless asked to, spend your gold buying mayan runes and play the mayan labyrinth as often as you can. The gold chest contains 5 crystals. Once you have 70 crystals, use them to buy the VIP status for a month and your energy will replenish twice as fast.

In the meantime, you can always play the competitions. The game tends to freeze a lot, especially with 3 or 4 players, but you still receive whatever you won directly in your backpack.

Happy Gaming!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 7, 15 1:49 PM
Don't lose hope! It is painfully slow in the beginning waiting to level up. Yes, that is the trap of "free" games, they lure you in and hope you will spend real money. If you can stick it out, it takes off around level 40 and then you will be so addicted that your family members will have to literally tear you away and threaten to send to RoM's anonymous...."Hi, I am not in Turkey and I am an addict".

[Post New]by notinturkey on Apr 7, 15 1:51 PM
Thanks Aventeux

I will persevere.So its not worth spending real world money on gold/gems?

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 7, 15 1:52 PM
Buy a strong energy talisman from the store for 4000 coins. Get neighbors quick! You can always weed thru them later when you are higher level for quality neighbors. Use the post code here thread and the 10 daily randoms. Right now, the more you have, the more you gain from visiting and gifting daily.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 7, 15 1:54 PM
IF you decide to spend real money, use it on gems as those are harder to come by and try to wait til you get a triple coin to get the most bang for your buck. You will get 3X as many gems for 24 hours.

Hang in there! It gets better!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Apr 7, 15 1:57 PM
Sorry i've been busy

No you don't have to spend real money to progress, just neighbours. It is difficult at first because of not enough energy or coins or crystals. But with patience suddenly you will find you have more energy than you can use and coins and crystals coming out of your ears

You can buy strong energy talisman for 4000 coins in the store, which speeds up energy renewal.
Buying the VIP crown is a good investment as it speeds up energy renewal, increases XP and coins for exploring.
Ignore the dragon labyrinth until you have piles of coins and concentrate on getting the gold chest on the other rune board because it contains 5 crystals along with other good stuff.
Assemble artifacts you have already assembled before, for more XP to level up and for coins.
Play the competitions while you wait for energy or...
Find another free to play game for when you are waiting for your energy to refill

[Post New]by notinturkey on Apr 7, 15 1:59 PM
Thats really good advice. Thanks guys. I am already addicted. I have a talisman but I was afraid to use it incase i needed it later. Been lucky so far with kind neighbours.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Apr 7, 15 2:00 PM
Proof that I type like a but not as fast ..., there wasn't one reply when I started

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 7, 15 3:28 PM
I am lucky. I was going to make a reply and got side tracked. I see that all the replies are withing a few minutes of each other. The important thing is that neighbors are necessary. Visiting neighbors earns you needed gold. It is tempting to spend RL money on in game purchases. Just try and hold out. Sooner or later a Mayan Coin will drop. For a 24 hour period you can purchase gems and/or gold at a big discount. There are 2x and rare 3x Mayan coins. The one thing that newbies lack is energy for game play. That is the most frustrating thing. The only cure is to increase your level and time.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Apr 7, 15 3:58 PM
In addition to all the amazingly good advice already given to you I will add, enjoy your free time now cause once you really get going it's hard to get away from the computer.

I would not spend RL money on this game as you truly do not have to. You do have to have patience and lots of it. Even when you get to higher levels it's tempting to just pay off things in gems instead of taking the time to do the sometimes multiple searches it requires.

Read through the tip thread that can be found under the "helpful links" thread at the top of page one. Lots and lots of advice in there on how to maximize your time and resources for beginners.

I know I used to make sure I leveled up and had a full bar when I shut down for the night in the beginning. Seems crazy but it meant that I basically only had to run one strong energy talisman during the day and not a second one at night saving me the 4000 gold.

Don't spend gems on anything at the beginning. Don't even buy dragon food with them. Your neighbors will understand and not expect a new player to have tons of food for expeditions. Save up your dragon food and contribute to one or two expeditions and try for a participation chest instead of putting in tiny amounts to a lot of them.

Save those gems for the VIP status. I personally bought the 7 day the minute I could and by the time the 7 days was up I had enough for the 30 day. It is just such a huge bonus I felt it was worth it.

Have fun!!!

Edited on 04/07/2015 at 4:04:35 PM PST

SunFlash
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by SunFlash on Apr 7, 15 6:16 PM
My advice:

If you run out of energy and don't have any game playing you can do, then READ THE FORUMS. I generally don't like to get hints on how to play games because I like to figure it out for myself. That's my favorite part, actually. This game is different, though. Without the hints, advice, strategies, etc. provided by experienced players you won't have as much fun, IMO.

For one thing, there are tons of glitches that the developers haven't had time to fix yet. This is a game that is being created even as we play it so there are bound to be problems here and there that you just won't understand. If you have a question, odds are that it has already been asked and answered umpteen times. Reading the threads as far back as you can manage will really help you out.

My second piece of advice is: Do not gift backpack items or cost items (anything that isn't free) until you are at least at level 75 or even higher. No one expects you to send them. No one wants you to send them when you are a new player. Just gift a freebie everyday.

Higher level players have so much stuff you wouldn't believe it and part of the fun of the game for them is giving some of it away - to you! They want you to keep all of your artifact items so that you can assemble artifacts (even if you have already assembled them and don't need them for anything) so that you can get coins and level up.

There are presently 1700 (I think) levels so it's going to take you a long time to get to the end and the developers are adding levels all the time so level the heck up. Leveling up opens new areas and ways that you can play which keeps the game fresh and interesting.

Third piece of advice: Don't try to do everything at once. Play the rooms for a while to get experience and coins, also play the Mayan labyrinth to get crystals and other goodies, play competitions if you enjoy them and build your neighborhood until it's full of supportive neighbors. You'll have plenty of time to do all the other stuff.

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Apr 14, 15 1:51 PM
I only starting getting neighbors recently and am learning about gifting (apologies to my higher level neighbors if I'm doing it wrong - I'm learning!). I have been reading the "flints & ores vs. charges" thread, and I confess I'm not sure what any of these things are. Are these generalized names for specific items, and if so, which ones? I would greatly appreciate some elucidation!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 14, 15 2:06 PM
Silicon Flint and Thorium Ore. These are used to feed creatures at your neighbor's hoods. They are part of the daily free gifts available for you to send your neighbors. Most people prefer charges and will have them listed in their wishlist. If an item has a number instead of the infinity symbol, that is an artifact that is in your backpack and your number will decrease by one. The other charges (with the infinity symbol) are a bonus part of the game that you send for free to your neighbors and they can send to you. Be sure to put what you want on your wishlist so they can help you.

Hope that helps?

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Apr 14, 15 3:08 PM
Thanks, it took some looking in my backpack before I definitely identified the Silicon Flint and Thorium Ore. I do have them, I just didn't know what they were called!

[Post New]by Kin2Naruto on Apr 15, 15 5:58 AM
I'm a beginner and I've run into the "Jumbled" mode. The REST of the modes are fun but.... that one is just flat out impossible. One of my buildings is stuck that way - are all of them eventually gonna land on "Jumbled" and be unplayable?

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Apr 15, 15 6:28 AM
no, all the buildings cycle through the different modes. you should not be stuck with just jumbled on one building unless you did not complete it before time ran out. if you did complete it try refreshing your game or reloading it. if the problem continues contact bf for help, that is if they can figure it out.

Edited on 04/15/2015 at 6:29:38 AM PST

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Apr 15, 15 6:28 AM
Kin2Naruto wrote:I'm a beginner and I've run into the "Jumbled" mode. The REST of the modes are fun but.... that one is just flat out impossible. One of my buildings is stuck that way - are all of them eventually gonna land on "Jumbled" and be unplayable?

Hi

Jumble is easy to play really it's the items to find but just spelt backwards is all

evaH nuF yppaH gnimaG

SunFlash
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by SunFlash on Apr 15, 15 9:25 AM
Kin2Naruto wrote:I'm a beginner and I've run into the "Jumbled" mode. The REST of the modes are fun but.... that one is just flat out impossible. One of my buildings is stuck that way - are all of them eventually gonna land on "Jumbled" and be unplayable?

Many players don't realize that they can pause the game by clicking on the two lines on the upper right corner. Before you pause, however, take a screenshot of the page, paste it into "Paint" or some other drawing software and then you can take your time figuring out the "scrambled" words (which as deadme said are really just spelled backwards). Before you know it you will be reading those words as easily as if they were spelled forward.

Go to: