bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Weather Lord: The Successor's Path

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 8, 15 12:29 AM
Rebuild a devastated land, save your people from peril and face off against an array of bizarre enemies in Weather Lord: The Successor's Path - a captivating time management epic! Use rain to replenish crops, thunder to remove obstacles and wind to destroy ghastly creatures! Play clever, play quick and victory will be yours!

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Weather Lord: The Successor's Path

[Post New]by 0161 on Apr 8, 15 3:09 AM
No buy for me. I like an option to play without timers, this game does not give this option.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Apr 8, 15 4:41 AM
this is again an old game

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 8, 15 5:24 AM
I bought the previous game in this series and found it just testing enough. With this game, I struggled to get gold on Level 2, but got it after several replays, but I am struggling to get silver on Level 3. Now whilst I like a game to be testing there is no way I'm going to buy a game that is this hard this quick.

Re:Weather Lord: The Successor's Path Pay no attention to timer....

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Apr 8, 15 5:57 AM
This game does have a timer but you don't have to pay attention to it if you choose not to. You can continue playing after the time runs out and go on to the next level. That's what I look for as I don't like the pressure of hurry up or begin again over and over. This is buy for me with a coupon of course. Not too hard if you pay no attention to the timer.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Apr 8, 15 7:54 AM
ciscaR8 wrote:this is again an old game

I don't understand why you are calling this an old game. I thought it was just released by the distributor 4 or 5 weeks ago. Could you be thinking of Weather Lord: The Hidden Realm?

DK

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Apr 8, 15 8:12 AM
This is a fun game. I bought it from the distributor a couple of weeks ago but will be purchasing with a code from BF simply because I like all my games in the BF Game Manager.

I totally ignore the timer and enjoy the game immensely. The developer has improved the graphics considerably from the first game.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 8, 15 8:29 AM
The last offering, In Pursuit of the Shaman, was a total fail. The timer was flawed and the game forced a linear play. I returned it.

I'm demoing this one first to see if it's worthwhile.

annbrizer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by annbrizer on Apr 8, 15 9:58 AM
can't finish level 17 tells me to talk to dragon and i do then nothing what am i missing defeated big guy with dynamite

[Post New]by maishua on Apr 8, 15 4:35 PM
I have 34 game club credit, and no time to use em....

Anyone interested?

WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Apr 8, 15 6:24 PM
Playing games of this type has peaked my interest of late. It is fun to try to figure out gameplay, but by the same token, a little more instruction would be nice. I am on level two. I built a sawmill, but no wood is being produced, so I cannot build a house for an additional worker. The portal I built doesn't work as per instructions given. The wheat and forest will regrow if I "use rain"...but how is that done? Am I just being stupid? I don't like constant hand-holding, but seriously........give a person a few hints on how to work the game.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Apr 8, 15 10:16 PM
WestElkTinker wrote:Playing games of this type has peaked my interest of late. It is fun to try to figure out gameplay, but by the same token, a little more instruction would be nice. I am on level two. I built a sawmill, but no wood is being produced, so I cannot build a house for an additional worker. The portal I built doesn't work as per instructions given. The wheat and forest will regrow if I "use rain"...but how is that done? Am I just being stupid? I don't like constant hand-holding, but seriously........give a person a few hints on how to work the game.

there is a circle with a cloud in it drag the cloud to your tree or wheat it will regrow.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 9, 15 2:32 PM
Well, they've done it again. A total and miserable fail. The first Weather Lord, was a TM. The second one was OK as well.

I don't know what possessed them after that; however, they totally lost their way, and obviously lost their QA.

Fail, fail, fail. There is nothing in this game play that makes it TM worthy. Timer issues are still prevail. You still have to play the level ONE WAY - the way the devs intended - or all is lost. This is NOT how TM's are usually done. TM's are supposed to be free-form, independent playing, with the only concern being finding the best or most original ways to beat the timer. Locking people into one way to beat the timer is lazy programming.

Even the verbage on the pop ups isn't proofed ( i.e. %Map Message%, etc.) if you click on the map menu button while playing.

Give it up or make it a real TM, devs. This may sound harsh, but I'm a TM player, and this is not worthy.

Edited on 04/09/2015 at 3:17:44 PM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 17, 15 12:04 AM
This game needs a REDO. Maybe the creators can somehow add a patch for it. THe problem is that

a. the difficulty levels are inconsistent - instead of being easy on early levels & so on, there are some impossible to pass levels very early on, as soon as the 3rd & 4th...

b. Difficulty level is absoloutey unrealistic -
In fact, in the whole game up til level 25 so far I've only been able to pass 3 with expert scores! Come on. That's just unreasonable. I'm no noob to the genre, this shows a problem with the setup.

I thought perhaps you'd gain skills or power ups or what have you then be able to retroactively apply them to the earlier levels, but nope. Not the case. This may not be a game killer, but when it happens level after level after level, all of the fun is sucked out.

C. the challenges are silly. They're things such as "chop down a tree" for example. Actions that you must take during the normal course of the game anyhow. What?! Lazy.

Edited on 04/17/2015 at 12:07:13 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 17, 15 1:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the developers did take your feedback into account and have released an updated build of the game. For more information, just visit the following thread:

UPDATE! New version available for Weather Lord: The Successor's Path! April 17, 2015

I hope that you enjoy the updated version of the game.

bfgWaimea

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Apr 25, 15 3:40 AM
To the Devs:

Whatever timing you adjusted on this update was imperceptible. I love TM Builder games like these. Your timing is still too hard and inconsistent.

Note to Product Marketers: Builder games are fast but not like a marble popper. Don't expect this game to appeal to 10 year olds who play game stations.

This game was not the best of your offerings. Especially since level 43 is impossible to win with the number of snowmen vs things to do. It feels like the game morphed into a combat game. Not a win for you.

Go to: