Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Weather Lord: The Successor's Path here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 8, 15 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/08/2015 at 6:33:21 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Weather Lord: The Successor's Path here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 8, 15 6:33 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Weather Lord: The Successor's Path here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Weather Lord: The Successor's Path.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

IBmeWhoU
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by IBmeWhoU on Apr 8, 15 11:02 AM
I played through 9 levels of the game, which I felt was enough to give an honest opinion.
The objectives are clear however in the level where it requires you to build a forge, I had one built and had to destroy and rebuild it in order for it to count. It becomes quite addictive to get everything done in the time required. I didn't understand where you can speed up the players or why there isn't a relaxed mode or a strategy guide. The music isn't annoying, in fact it is actually soothing. The graphics are ok and the game in general is one I would consider buying.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Apr 8, 15 12:23 PM
I have played all the Weather Lords but this one is very difficult, the play is the same as the others but I can't believe that I had to do the 1st level 3 times to get gold, that is unreal and the 2nd was the same, I can just imagine what the rest of the levels are going to be like. There is no room at all for taking the wrong path or picking up the wrong items for your inventory, and I am just talking about levels one and two. LOL It must be my age that is showing. I was excited to see this game show up today but now I am not sure if I even want to buy it.
Is it just me or does anyone else think this is unusual to not have gobs of time left over in the first 5 or 6 levels???

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Apr 8, 15 12:54 PM
Gameplay is inconsistent, instead of increasing difficulty as you go through the levels, some levels at the beginning are nearly impossible to get gold on, and others later in the game are extremely simple with plenty of time left over.

I've found three separate glitches already, and only made it to level 10. One was an exception error, the other two were programming errors (for instance, the Forge on level 6 doesn't get counted unless you build it after it's mentioned).

I really liked the first two Weather Lord games, and was looking forward to buying this one, but I'm glad I tested it first. Now I'm not sure if I want to give my money to a company that doesn't seem to be creating a top-quality product, but relying more on name recognition to get them by on this title.

A little more work and fine tuning and I think this would definitely be a buy for me. In it's current iteration, I'm going to give it a pass.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Apr 8, 15 8:04 PM
This is the 1st time playing a game like this.......boy am I stumped, can't seem to defeat the golems on the 2nd level destroyed one lair but the golem was still there....................the instructions are not geared for newbeeies...........I would ask how do you get a knight, but I'm out of time...........and I'm not buying .........I REALLY WANTED TO PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT...................THIS GAME JUST DOES NOT GIVE YOU GOOD HOW TO PLAY INSTRUCTIONS...........ALMOST 60 MIN OF PLAY , JUST TO FIGURE OUT HOW NOT TO PLAY...................

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 9, 15 11:19 AM
How can you review a game that won't let you play past level 13? Glitchy mess and I paid money not credits today. Blanket statements to reload everything is crap. When will this be fixed?

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 9, 15 3:21 PM
Well, they've done it again. A total and miserable fail. The first Weather Lord, was a TM. The second one was OK as well.

I don't know what possessed them after that; however, they totally lost their way, and obviously lost their QA with Weather Lord: The Successor's Path.

Fail, fail, fail. There is nothing in this game play that makes it TM worthy. Timer issues still prevail. You still have to play the level ONE WAY - the way the developer intended - or all is lost. This is NOT how TM's are done. TM's are supposed to be free-form, independent playing, with the only concern being finding the best or most original ways to beat the timer. Locking people into one way to beat the timer is lazy programming.

Even the verbage on the menus and pop ups throughout the game isn't proofed ( i.e. %Map Message%, etc. if you click on the map menu button while playing- and much more).

Give it up or make it a real TM, devs. This may sound harsh, but I'm a TM player, and this is not worthy.

mazza66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mazza66 on Apr 9, 15 6:57 PM
Having lots of problems..especially with level 6...build a force???? How????

[Post New]by nefret22222 on Apr 10, 15 5:58 AM
Building a forge is the gold making building at the bottom like the one for food and wood.

[Post New]by nefret22222 on Apr 10, 15 6:19 AM
Spoilers:

As a review, I was disappointed in the inconsistent game play and lack of building on previous skills, The first two games were very nice and quite challenging on some levels. This one was very narrow in scope with only one way to win gold on the hardest levels. However, many levels were too simple and easy. The story was pedestrian and the characters seemed flat. The animation could have used a boost, a happy dance or better fear response than just woo-hoo. Other TM games have shown so much more thought, variety, characterization and cute and imaginative animation. I love hard TM games and would like to see much more, but this game seemed rushed to production. I bought it and played to the end, but that is merely because there are a dearth of other TM games out there, rather than because this was a good quality game. I wouldn't recommend it.

Levels 21 and 22 were nigh on impossible, but can be played for gold (after 23 tries).

Spoilers:

On 21 and 22, I didn't try to destroy any lair until the end (21 and 22), after most or all food and wood has been gathered and a wind tower built at the bottom (22). It is important to build the alter asap to stop the timer early and often. Since the enemies keep emerging before the lair can be destroyed and the workers have to return home before they can be redeployed, I only use one worker at each lair instead of all three on one lair. That way maybe one lair will be destroyed when the enemy emerges too quickly and sends the other two home.

srg9
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by srg9 on Apr 11, 15 8:04 AM
I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. Granted, it was very confusing and difficult at first and was only able to achieve gold on two levels on the first run through. It has been quite a challenge but an enjoyable one! Thank you for this game!

[Post New]by victorianartist on Apr 11, 15 2:09 PM
So many reviews with so many problems. **** (This Developer) has lots of games and employees, and it is hard to say what happened here. This game is not up to their normal standards. It is everything everyone is saying and more. And I have their other Weather Lord games. But the problems experienced in this one, make it one that needs to be passed on, reluctantly.

This game should be pulled until all the problems have been fixed and then re-released for us. I would be happy to wait until it gets all the problems worked out.
And, Big Fish, please let us know it is ready. It certainly is not worth the money at any price as it is. It is not ready for release. It should still be in beta.

I am always on the hunt for good TM games because there are not enough of them, but I will pass on this one until it is the "New and Improved" version.

Please Big Fish, see what you can do to fix this game for me and the many other customers of yours that are hoping for one as well.

Edited on 04/11/2015 at 2:11:24 PM PST

[Post New]by PDotNZ on Apr 21, 15 7:55 PM
On the final level but to open the gate it say's use snow?
Anyone got an idea how you use snow.....I am a bit stuck.
PDot

Go to: