zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

ghost appearance

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 9, 15 11:32 AM
Simple question: is it just me, or they've up-ed the frequency of ghost intrusions? They've been showing up more frequently for me since the start of the Easter Egg Hunt.

Edited on 04/09/2015 at 11:33:01 AM PST

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:ghost appearance

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 9, 15 12:06 PM
This past Tuesday offer needs rooms with ghosts and such. So the ghost/poltergeist frequency is bumped up. This is a common practice. Also the middle medal earned when room explored with ghost is Physic. The higher you are increases the frequency of ghosts/poltergeists.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 9, 15 12:41 PM
To get to level V for the trophy, the room must be explored. Sweepers don't count. So depending on whether you want them more frequently or not, this tip could help.

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 9, 15 1:28 PM
I see. Well, a ghost putting in an appearance every other round or every two rounds is not my idea of fun...it crossed that line between engagingly challenging and annoyingly and unnnecessarily tedious.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Apr 9, 15 1:30 PM
There will come a time believe it or not when you desperately wish those ghosts would show up. I know when I used to run low on solar lamps playing ghosts was a really good way to stock up on them. You can also get a different gadget but the majority of the time it's a solar lamp.

But yes depending on the weekly quest they can really ramp up the frequency or take it down to almost nothing.

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 9, 15 1:39 PM
Crow12000 wrote:There will come a time believe it or not when you desperately wish those ghosts would show up. I know when I used to run low on solar lamps playing ghosts was a really good way to stock up on them. You can also get a different gadget but the majority of the time it's a solar lamp.

Ah, Crow, you are more experienced at the game than I am, but I honestly can't imagine a time I would wish for ghosts. They suck up almost 100 energy each time. I have enough gold tarra cards to summon one if need be.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 9, 15 1:53 PM
I like getting them for the talisman pieces.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Apr 9, 15 6:23 PM
zixuss wrote:
Crow12000 wrote:There will come a time believe it or not when you desperately wish those ghosts would show up. I know when I used to run low on solar lamps playing ghosts was a really good way to stock up on them. You can also get a different gadget but the majority of the time it's a solar lamp.

Ah, Crow, you are more experienced at the game than I am, but I honestly can't imagine a time I would wish for ghosts. They suck up almost 100 energy each time. I have enough gold tarra cards to summon one if need be.

Crow is right zixuss. There will come a time when you will bring them on and fight to see another day of ghosts, queens, genies and whatnots! Alas, not so much now for you, but feel better that we have all experienced the same challenges and are reaping the just rewards! At some point you wll wonder what all the fuss was about, Good Luck, hang in there, try not to chase away!

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 9, 15 7:40 PM
zixuss, summoning ghosts/poltergeists with Gold Taro cards isn't the problem. The problem is getting the necessary ghost/poltergeist to show up. Then getting the needed item to drop. 9 cards a shuffle can add up to a lot of cards. It is best to get used to playing with them. I still dislike Marine Queen as my brain fries at any thought of numbers. My second dislike is Pink Octopus. For some reason, every room has at least one item whose locations I almost remember. Exploring rooms with ghosts or poltergeist is a way to get items for high XP talismans to assemble.

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 10, 15 6:14 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words, people! In terms of game play, my least favorite is the pink octopus. The ghost octopus actuallly makes some rooms easier. I don't mind the search so much as the fact that it takes up extra energy. And when you're trying to complete a quest...well, you get the idea.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Apr 10, 15 10:31 AM
Zixuss,

the huge energy drain was always my biggest issue with ghosts as well. I actually enjoy most of them. No better way to really learn a room than to search it multiple times on Octopus mode.

Somewhere after level 100 and before level 200 I reached the point where instead of trying to figure out how to level up before I ran out of energy I was now trying to use all my energy up before I leveled up. If you hang in there it will happen and then those ghosts take on a whole different perspective.

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 10, 15 11:52 AM
Crow: good to know. I'm in the low 100s now...

Go to: