ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Custom Cursor vs. System Cursor

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Apr 10, 15 6:52 PM

I am having a problem with my cursors that transcends this game and carries on to many other games I've purchased. I'm finally writing about this because I have always wondered if anyone else has had it, also.

I always choose custom cursor in all games. However, in some games, this game included, if my cursor has to go toward the bottom of the screen, my system cursor suddenly joins my custom cursor, which is confusing, clumsy to move and quite simply just undesirable.

Has anyone else had this cursor issue?

In some games, including this one, even if I have to choose an item out of my inventory, that's low enough to bring the system cursor in to join my custom cursor. I've tried everything I can think of to remedy this problem, all to no avail.

I apologize that this post reads suspiciously like a technical problem, but I just want to see if anyone else has experienced this. In the technical issues thread, the only people who go there are people who have their own problems and they aren't interested in reading a post that has nothing to do with their own problem. So, I hope the sweet moderators will leave this here. <totally sucking up to the moderators >

Does this cursor problem happen to anyone else?

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Custom Cursor vs. System Cursor

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 11, 15 5:55 PM
Hi ChocPeng,

Since you'd like to know if anyone else is seeing this issue for this game in particular, I'm going to leave this thread open for now, but if the focus shifts away from the game and more towards the issue itself, we may need to lock this thread, since the tech threads are created specifically to house such discussions.

Given that you're experiencing this issue over several games, however, I do recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help and they maybe be able to identify the cause of this issue.

bfgWaimea

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Apr 18, 15 8:44 PM

Thank you, bfgWaimea.

If you are uncomfortable with this post being here, I completely understand, as I was concerned it would be booted as soon as I posted in here instead of the Technical Support section. If you would feel better moving it, and especially since I got no responses, feel free to lock it and move it.

As for a Dr. Felix Report, as much as I love BFG, I simply cannot send one of those to your staff. I have run that report a few times but have never sent one (that I can remember) because the report gathers information from my computer that has nothing whatsoever to do with my issue. It is invasive the information Dr. Felix takes from my computer.

I just retired from a successful web development business I started in 1999. It remains successful; I remain retired. I mention that only so I won't get an answer telling me that I don't know what your tech team needs to perform their job. I do know what they need and more importantly, I know what they don't need.

However, I'm still madly in love with BFG, and back to the point, feel free to lock it and move it. Even delete it, if that is best. I want to stay in the good graces of forum moderators.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Apr 21, 15 9:52 AM
That sounds like an awfully annoying problem. I'm sorry you are dealing with that. This is not an issue I have ever encountered.

I know you probably want to hear from people who have had this issue and fixed it. I know I would. Whenever I have computer or software issues I always Google it. I hope you've tried that already, but whatever problem I seem to be having, there are others out there talking about it somewhere and Google seems to be the best way for me to find what people are saying. I have solved many issues that way. The trick for me is phrasing it properly in the search to get the best answers and not random stuff clogging my results.

Seeing that you owned a web development business, my response will most likely seem pretty feeble to you, but just thought I'd toss it out there just in case. Hope you get it solved. I am finding this game very fun and would hate for you to miss out due to cursors with apparent minds of their own.

Go to: